GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

JBD and Pinto off to good starts

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Paul and Swartz recalled.

Brown looking for a new agent. Maybe

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget the early start time. 1pm. I'm probably going to be somewhere in Vermont by then, driving back from a wedding in New Hampshire.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:JBD and Pinto off to good starts

Tychonick on the other hand, is not.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Swartz and Paul called up from Belleville.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:

An assist and +1 in 1 game ? That's not bad. Unless he only played one game because he's been bad or he's injured

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Healthy scratched twice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not even mad. Good effort. Let's wrack up the female parental unit diddling losses!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

Yeah, that's a problem. He needs to be traded or it's going to stunt his development.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Yeah, that's a problem.  He needs to be traded or it's going to stunt his development.

Theyve only had 2 games and he played on one of them

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Yeah, that's a problem.  He needs to be traded or it's going to stunt his development.

you can't trade NCAA players, can you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

you can't trade NCAA players, can you?

That makes good sense actually. I defer

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So over the span of 2 days we lost to the worst team and won against the best. Makes complete sense.

TBH, I expect a loosing record. I would ask for 3 things this season in terms of W and L.

1. Spoil it for the best teams and win those harder games to teach the kids what tough opponents are like (I realize we get the backup G all the time).
2. Beat the leafs every time we can
3. Beat the Habs every time we can.

Everything else I’m somewhat ok with. As long as the kids learn and get better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was out of town, didn't bother watching the Minny game but saw most of the TB game on the PVR. Thought the score favored the Bolts a little, even though they had trouble containing their top players.

The PP is why they aren't at least at .500.

Brannstrom isn't really doing much out there. He's not bad at all but we need him to get so much better than "not bad". He needs to dominate offensively and if not here, then better down in Belleville.

Thought Chabot played better. About time. Maybe he and Zaitsev are gelling, because Zaitsev was also better.

They all need to be much stronger against players like Stamkos.

What's with the refereeing? Boro gets run into the boards right on the numbers and there isn't a call. If he did that he'd get 5+game and another game in supplemental. Chabot gets hooked killing a penalty and the ref is right there looking at it, no call. When they did finally call the cross check into the boards (forgot who) the ref standing 5 get away and looking at it didn't get his arm up. It was the ref at the blue line that called it.

I've already heard someone (Pierre?) mention how refs clearly give the better teams the benefit of the doubt. Safe thing when it's superstar vs. fourth liner. That's got to be addressed.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Theyve only had 2 games and he played on one of them

They’ve already said he’ll be scratched Friday. Could change though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I thought Brannstrom looked pretty good yesterday. His in-zone play needs improvement but I think that will come with time. He's also missing on a few breakout passes but he's playing with noticeably more confidence.

PP is 0 for 17. Faceoff percentage has also been quite bad. This is where someone like Brown would be really useful. If the marketing for this year is "the kids are alright" they should get more kids in the lineup aside from Brannstrom.

It's no wonder the Sens can't hold leads into the 3rd when their 4th line gets relatively no playing time. You can't expect the other three lines to perform well when they're logging too much ice time:

Sabourin - 5:37
Boedker - 6:12
Szwarz - 3:42

At those ice times you may as well call up Brown and just use him on the PP. I imagine the Sens call up Brown and Batherson for good by the end of November. By then Boedker will be waived, and there will probably be another injury or two.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I thought Brannstrom looked pretty good yesterday. His in-zone play needs improvement but I think that will come with time. He's also missing on a few breakout passes but he's playing with noticeably more confidence.

PP is 0 for 17. Faceoff percentage has also been quite bad. This is where someone like Brown would be really useful. If the marketing for this year is "the kids are alright" they should get more kids in the lineup aside from Brannstrom.

It's no wonder the Sens can't hold leads into the 3rd when their 4th line gets relatively no playing time. You can't expect the other three lines to perform well when they're logging too much ice time:

Sabourin - 5:37
Boedker - 6:12
Szwarz - 3:42

At those ice times you may as well call up Brown and just use him on the PP. I imagine the Sens call up Brown and Batherson for good by the end of November. By then Boedker will be waived, and there will probably be another injury or two.

I’m not convinced he’s ready. I can’t say I watch Belleville games but from everything I hear he’s just not up to speed for the NHL.
Let him earn it with more than points in Belleville.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You really can't get shutout by the Minnesota Wild. But OK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum