GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dunno what the betting line is tonight, but I'd be tempted to place some money on the Sens.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I dunno what the betting line is tonight, but I'd be tempted to place some money on the Sens.
Glad you didn’t?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I dunno what the betting line is tonight, but I'd be tempted to place some money on the Sens.
Glad you didn’t?

Yes, of course. It was weird...I looked at the odds after posting my original post, and Ottawa was +230. Then around 6pm last night I checked again and they were +160. I guess a bunch of people put money on the Sens. And for a while, it was looking like a good call...Ottawa outplayed Boston for most of that game. Rask played great, though, and they just did a better job of finishing their chances. Guys like Ennis and Connor Brown work really hard and play well, but they just don't have finish around the net.

Also, Tierney is a black hole offensively. He needs to be off the PP.

It was a very good game by the Sens though...impressive.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very solid game by Ottawa. Deserved to win

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Glad you didn’t?

Yes, of course.  It was weird...I looked at the odds after posting my original post, and Ottawa was +230.  Then around 6pm last night I checked again and they were +160.  I guess a bunch of people put money on the Sens.  And for a while, it was looking like a good call...Ottawa outplayed Boston for most of that game.  Rask played great, though, and they just did a better job of finishing their chances.  Guys like Ennis and Connor Brown work really hard and play well, but they just don't have finish around the net.  

Also, Tierney is a black hole offensively.  He needs to be off the PP.

It was a very good game by the Sens though...impressive.

Tierney is a perfect trade chip at the deadline. RFA status, controllable, won't be cost-prohibitive to sign, and he can put up 40 points in a depth role.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap, apparently the Wild scored 7 goals on 8 shots in 10 minutes. Diddle a doodle doo.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

How did Hogberg look? It will be interesting to see if the sens go back to trading with the Leafs and give them Anderson. An Andersen/Anderson combo makes sense.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He looked fine. Uncomfortable at times but a good goalie for a rebuilding team

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Well, he’s on a one-way next year so him and Nilsson have the contracts. Anderson does not. He’s trade bait for the first time as a Sen...even though some on here have had him traded for years and years.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I had him traded when we had Bishop and Lehner waiting in the wings. He's been a good pro for the Sens but his time is up here.

Time for the Sens to call-up Balcers and Batherson if they're serious about the Sens competing. Veronneau and Beaudin have no business being up with the Sens. Tierney, Ennis, Anisimov, White, Namestnikov, C. Brown is a good enough bottom six. Batherson, Duclair, Tkachuk, Pageau, Balcers, Brown should be in top-six roles.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd wait and concede the year. Every time we play playoff teams we get beaten and we're about to hit a tough schedule. See how the group plays until January and yhentake it from there.

When batherson, balcers Abramov and norris come up, it should be with 20 games to go so they can come into training camp next year knowing exactly what they need to do to prepare.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, there's no rush on bringing anyone up from Belleville. The BSens are rolling.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

why though? there's development and then there's domination. i get that you want to tank for a pick but you're also penalizing your high-end prospects by paying them their AHL salaries while lesser players are making more money in the NHL. The NHL is a business and I get what the Sens are doing but as a player in this circumstance I'd be pissed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Most of the guys lighting up the AHL right now have had some NHL time and haven’t seized the opportunity yet, like Nick Paul finally did. There’s nothing wrong with leaving them down there for most of this season. As someone else mentioned, the smart thing to do is probably to bring them up towards the end of the season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol boro broke up a car break in in vancouver yesterday apparently

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boro's the best. And he's having a very good season to boot!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if anyone will start wearing Batman boro costumes or better yet Borocop costumes at the CTC.
That would be a good laugh

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ahhhh yessss, a nice losing streak to get us back near the bottom. I don't mind them losing all these west coast games that I'm not staying up to watch anyway.

Pageau with another goal. I wonder if they're legitimately exploring trading him? His value will never be higher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum