GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Right. So don't put him where he shouldn't be. Either a 2W or 3C for now. Play his way up. There is enough organizational depth at the C position that it shouldn't matter. Either call Brown up to the top-six or call up Chlapik and move Pageau and Tierney up the lineup.

Tkachuk-Tierney-Ryan
Duclair-Pageau-White
Ennis-Chlapik-C.Brown

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:More line juggling ahead of today's game. Anisimov and Boedker in, Szwarz and Sabourin out. Beaudin to draw in if Anisimov doesn't dress. Not even sure if any of this is an upgrade?

Can't help but feel bad for Brown and Batherson. I am sure the environment in Belleville is toxic with these nobodies getting called up ahead of four guys (Abramov, Batherson, Chlapk, Brown) who have futures with this team.

It was done on purpose to get them icetime. I didn't think Batherson got a real fair shake, but let them stay down there for a while before calling them back up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I get why the organization is doing it but for the players it's gotta be tough to play through

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I get why the organization is doing it but for the players it's gotta be tough to play through

Earn your stripes mentality. Nothing bad there. Batherson didn’t show he deserved it in preseason neither did Brown. They’ve got to show they can put up points on a consistent basis in the A before making the jump. Bath showed a lot this year but a good 20 games might be necessary to show he can come back.
Brown is still in need to prove he can make the jump

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It is not often Ottawa is the only game playing, but it happened last night after the Avalanche game ended.

For those that watch Ottawa, how long has Brannstrom been dominated and physically abused for? When will he be sent down so he can develop instead of regressing? Remember, he’s all that is left from trading for Duchene, then trading away Duchene, Hoffman, Stone, Karlsson and Dzingel.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From the games I’ve seen he’s actually been pretty good defensively, just the offense that is behind right now. I’m not opposed to sending him down but he has been getting better as the days go by so I think he can stay up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it's a catch-22 right now with Ottawa given how bad the forwards are. We can't keep the puck in the offensive zone, so our D are just getting run ragged all game chasing the puck in their own end. It's painful to watch...which is why I won't be watching too much.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Brannstrom will be such a force when he gains experience. I dont think the ahl will help him gain much, he just needs to adapt to the bigger players.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ok. I haven’t been watching and only caught the 3rd period so I will differ to those that have had the stomach for watching the sens all year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I mean...unless you want his confidence helped I guess. And he could be playing more minutes too.

I dunno, i guess i could see the point in the ahl when this nhl team is so bad.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:From the games I’ve seen he’s actually been pretty good defensively, just the offense that is behind right now. I’m not opposed to sending him down but he has been getting better as the days go by so I think he can stay up.

His escapability is an issue. Smaller players rely on their skating to evade checkers and right now his skating is behind. Not sure if it is a confidence or a strength thing. The AHL won't help him. He needs to be stronger on his skates and rely more on his speed.

But it's hard for d-men to develop in the first place, let alone on a garbage team that can't control the puck. He's hemmed in his zone way too much and we can't expect him to be perfect. A learning year, and a strength-building off-season will do him wonders. This homestand should help .

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's been ok. We need him to become a player treaded for Stone. I think the AHL would help him develop the confidence and swagger he'll need later on.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's a top prospect, don't worry.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:He's been ok. We need him to become a player treaded for Stone. I think the AHL would help him develop the confidence and swagger he'll need later on.

Good luck with that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:He's been ok. We need him to become a player treaded for Stone. I think the AHL would help him develop the confidence and swagger he'll need later on.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with what?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I assume they'll let Belleville come together as a team a bit and see how Brown and Batherson do together for the next 20 or so games.

I would be very annoyed if they called up Brown and Batherson in 20 games - or whatever and didn't keep them together. It would be the sign of our coach(es) being stupid IMO.

Norris scored his first goal of the year - from Brown the other night and assisted on a goal too. Keep thinking to myself how close he and Tkachuk are and how that might be something to look at in a year or so.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I assume they'll let Belleville come together as a team a bit and see how Brown and Batherson do together for the next 20 or so games.

I would be very annoyed if they called up Brown and Batherson in 20 games - or whatever and didn't keep them together.  It would be the sign of our coach(es) being stupid IMO.

Norris scored his first goal of the year - from Brown the other night and assisted on a goal too.   Keep thinking to myself how close he and Tkachuk are and how that might be something to look at in a year or so.

All of the B-Sens goals the other night were on the PP. Norris had 1g 2 a. Not sure how their lineup looked but he could have very well been replacing Paul as the 1 LW on the Brown/Bath line.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I assume they'll let Belleville come together as a team a bit and see how Brown and Batherson do together for the next 20 or so games.

I would be very annoyed if they called up Brown and Batherson in 20 games - or whatever and didn't keep them together.  It would be the sign of our coach(es) being stupid IMO.

Norris scored his first goal of the year - from Brown the other night and assisted on a goal too.   Keep thinking to myself how close he and Tkachuk are and how that might be something to look at in a year or so.

All of the B-Sens goals the other night were on the PP. Norris had 1g 2 a. Not sure how their lineup looked but he could have very well been replacing Paul as the 1 LW on the Brown/Bath line.

Yeah perhaps, or maybe they had him on the halfwall on the PP. Nice to see him get going. I'd like to see some Belleville wins though, what the hell?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum