GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I assume they'll let Belleville come together as a team a bit and see how Brown and Batherson do together for the next 20 or so games.

I would be very annoyed if they called up Brown and Batherson in 20 games - or whatever and didn't keep them together. It would be the sign of our coach(es) being stupid IMO.

Norris scored his first goal of the year - from Brown the other night and assisted on a goal too. Keep thinking to myself how close he and Tkachuk are and how that might be something to look at in a year or so.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I assume they'll let Belleville come together as a team a bit and see how Brown and Batherson do together for the next 20 or so games.

I would be very annoyed if they called up Brown and Batherson in 20 games - or whatever and didn't keep them together.  It would be the sign of our coach(es) being stupid IMO.

Norris scored his first goal of the year - from Brown the other night and assisted on a goal too.   Keep thinking to myself how close he and Tkachuk are and how that might be something to look at in a year or so.

All of the B-Sens goals the other night were on the PP. Norris had 1g 2 a. Not sure how their lineup looked but he could have very well been replacing Paul as the 1 LW on the Brown/Bath line.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I assume they'll let Belleville come together as a team a bit and see how Brown and Batherson do together for the next 20 or so games.

I would be very annoyed if they called up Brown and Batherson in 20 games - or whatever and didn't keep them together.  It would be the sign of our coach(es) being stupid IMO.

Norris scored his first goal of the year - from Brown the other night and assisted on a goal too.   Keep thinking to myself how close he and Tkachuk are and how that might be something to look at in a year or so.

All of the B-Sens goals the other night were on the PP. Norris had 1g 2 a. Not sure how their lineup looked but he could have very well been replacing Paul as the 1 LW on the Brown/Bath line.

Yeah perhaps, or maybe they had him on the halfwall on the PP. Nice to see him get going. I'd like to see some Belleville wins though, what the hell?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

Yeah perhaps, or maybe they had him on the halfwall on the PP.  Nice to see him get going.  I'd like to see some Belleville wins though, what the hell?

Bad defense and two underperforming goalies. I posted the other day in that I think there is a culture issue down there. Probably led by a few entitled/upset players (Brown, Jaros, Lajoie, Batherson) but I am just speculating

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:

Yeah perhaps, or maybe they had him on the halfwall on the PP.  Nice to see him get going.  I'd like to see some Belleville wins though, what the hell?

Bad defense and two underperforming goalies. I posted the other day in that I think there is a culture issue down there. Probably led by a few entitled/upset players (Brown, Jaros, Lajoie, Batherson) but I am just speculating

If I heard that and found out it was true regarding the upset players, they wouldn't sniff the NHL this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:He's been ok. We need him to become a player treaded for Stone. I think the AHL would help him develop the confidence and swagger he'll need later on.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with what?

I'm guessing him becoming a player remotely worth trading away Stone.

Problem is Stone didn't want to stay here. Anybody who didn't think he was the ideal player to re-build around is not competent for any job in the NHL.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Problem is Stone didn't want to stay here. Anybody who didn't think he was the ideal player to re-build around is not competent for any job in the NHL.

Why do you say Stone didn't want to stay here? My understanding of the situation is that the Sens never offered him a reasonable contract.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brown called up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh boy, I hope he gets big minutes

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, hopefully he gets put with semi-competent linemates (hard to find on our roster). Also, yeah, let's feed him a bunch of minutes over a few games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My dream is to have him and Batherson with Tkachuck, we can start part of that tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I mean, what's the downside? He got dominated by a first line! Oh no! Ottawa lost! Oh no! Uhoh!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Colin white is out 3-5 weeks with a hip flexor

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Colin white is out 3-5 weeks with a hip flexor

Oh Dung...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anisimov too.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:My dream is to have him and Batherson with Tkachuck, we can start part of that tonight.

Mine was a future line of Tkachuk, Batherson and Albin Grewe. But Detroit took Grewe after Ottawa decided to go off the board once again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:My dream is to have him and Batherson with Tkachuck, we can start part of that tonight.

Mine was a future line of Tkachuk, Batherson and Albin Grewe. But Detroit took Grewe after Ottawa decided to go off the board once again.

Meh, it's early to tell if Pinto or Grewe or Sogaard or whoever will pan out or is a mistake. We have a lot of
'good' prospects, I assume Ottawa really wanted Pinto and Sogaard.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Lafreniere-Byfield-Brown
Namestnikov-White-Abramov
Balcers-Tierney/Pageau-Formenton

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-JBD
Wolanin-Thomson

Nilsson