GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:The agent just has to be a cheerleader for the player, so you can’t really read too much into his comments.  That said, it is 100% better for Brown to go play 20 minutes a night in Belleville and get PP time than to get 8 to 10 minutes a night in the NHL with questionable line mates.  If he sticks at centre, who is he supposed to bump down the big club’s depth chart?  I guess he could centre the third line and Anisimov could be benched?  And then Anisimov is super pissed?  Unfortunately there’s only 4 centre spots on a team and we probably have one too many “veterans” currently….

He didn't outplay any of the centers in pre-season, or Chlapik who is a center for that matter. He's not versatile enough for the wing. So play your arse off in the minors and prove you belong with the Sens.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If he bumps anyone it's whoever our 2C is. They're clearly invested in White right now as the team's 1C with Tkachuk on his wing. I personally see White as a RW or a 3C but maybe I'm wrong.

I think the Sens should be focused on drafting a C this year and running with #1 rd pick, Brown, White, Tierney as their centers going forward. Norris, Tkachuk, Formenton, Batherson are your top-six wingers, and fill in the rest.

On that note, Batherson needs to do a lot more. I am thoroughly unimpressed with him right now.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The agent just has to be a cheerleader for the player, so you can’t really read too much into his comments.  That said, it is 100% better for Brown to go play 20 minutes a night in Belleville and get PP time than to get 8 to 10 minutes a night in the NHL with questionable line mates.  If he sticks at centre, who is he supposed to bump down the big club’s depth chart?  I guess he could centre the third line and Anisimov could be benched?  And then Anisimov is super pissed?  Unfortunately there’s only 4 centre spots on a team and we probably have one too many “veterans” currently….

I think agents like that are part of the problem. You have to be able to tell your client that they don’t look ready. And clearly he doesn’t. It’s a disservice to the player to hear two contradictory arguments. He’s more often than not going to listen to the positive.

This is a case of where the message should be clear. Work.on. Your. Speed. And. Intensity.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We got 2 new orange cats. One named Alfie and one named Brady

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

I think agents like that are part of the problem. You have to be able to tell your client that they don’t look ready. And clearly he doesn’t. It’s a disservice to the player to hear two contradictory arguments. He’s more often than not going to listen to the positive.

This is a case of where the message should be clear. Work.on. Your. Speed. And. Intensity.

Bobby Ryan issue. No speed. No intensity

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Anyway, his agent did his job. He created a problem for management. Brown better step it up when het gets called up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:We got 2 new orange cats.  One named Alfie and one named Brady

Aaaaawwweeee that’s sweet!
I somewhat regret not naming my cat something sens related. I named her Regan after the little girl in the exorcist cuz she’s damn right possessed! Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FastForward
Flo The Action wrote:

He’s trying though!

But yeah, we’re locked into that one. If he was making 800K I don’t know that they’d have moved him or be in Belleville.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What do you think this mysterious announcement will be at puck drop on opening night?

Sale of the team?
Draft in Ottawa?
Retiring someone’s number?
Statue of Murray?

I’m sure it will be underwhelming whatever it is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, the sale of the team would be awesome. Dare to dream.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They're retiring #4.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Diddle, the sale of the team would be awesome.  Dare to dream.

can you imagine Melnyk stepping on center ice and annoucing the new ownership? i don't think the CTC would have such loud cheering since the 2007 cup final Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They're retiring #4.

are you sure?

that's a mistake...
i dunno. IMO no one has earned to have their number retired since Alfie.

As it stands maybe Kalrsson is the only other player that would be in line...

people have mentioned Chris Neil also but i don't see it.
maybe had they won the cup in 07

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

So apparently Chlapik comes out tonight for boedker to come in

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huge rumours that the Kraft family is buying the team

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Huge rumours that the Kraft family is buying the team

Yes. Saw the post on twitter. Hard to believe Kraft would be interested in a Canadian team

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:Huge rumours that the Kraft family is buying the team

Yes. Saw the post on twitter. Hard to believe Kraft would be interested in a Canadian team

Huge money to be made at Lebreton though - and why not let his granddaughter own a team? And tax write offs up the arse etc. etc. etc.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nope, rumour not true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum