GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:So the Sens have tweaked their forward lines a bit at practice today:

Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Duclair - Pageau - C. Brown
Ennis - Tierney - Sabourin
Boedker - Anisimov - Chlapik
Batherson

If Batherson starts sitting after one bad game, people are gonna lose it.  Don't do what Boucher did.  Play the kids lots and if they can't handle it yet, get em down to the AHL.

Yeah, please play Batherson where Ryan is and let him go. If he can handle it, then that's great, if he can't then he can develop more in the AHL. This sitting him or playing him 10 minutes won't do.

And Boedker shouldn't have been a scratch. These are some very strange decisions. And Sabourin should only be on the 4th line getting 5 minutes a game.

I mean...there's not much to like about Cussing with the lines after 1 game and not playing one of your best young forwards properly. Hopefully Smith gets it together.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Can't really complain about Sabourin and Ryan on a night they both scored can we?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can't really complain about Sabourin and Ryan on a night they both scored can we?

Meh, Ryan was adequate - and the goal he scored was when the game was done. He needs to cut out the superfluous roundabout ways he takes to pucks, which can also look dangerously like he doesn't give a Dung. I see him as a 3rd liner at this point.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:So the Sens have tweaked their forward lines a bit at practice today:

Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Batherson

If Batherson starts sitting after one bad game, people are gonna lose it.  Don't do what Boucher did.  Play the kids lots and if they can't handle it yet, get em down to the AHL.

Yeah, please play Batherson where Ryan is and let him go.  If he can handle it, then that's great, if he can't then he can develop more in the AHL.  This sitting him or playing him 10 minutes won't do.

And Boedker shouldn't have been a scratch.  These are some very strange decisions.  And Sabourin should only be on the 4th line getting 5 minutes a game.  

I mean...there's not much to like about Cussing with the lines after 1 game and not playing one of your best young forwards properly.  Hopefully Smith gets it together.

yeah but come on. you have to reward players that deserved it with their play. it's motivational.

i think bath should have maybe been kept in the line up though i agree. he needs a solid 10 games to show if he's ready or send him back to belleville

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can't really complain about Sabourin and Ryan on a night they both scored can we?

ryan looked different out there. it almost feels like he's got a weight off his shoulders. maybe we see a big season from him. playoffs Ryan was a lot of fun to watch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Batherson

Yeah, please play Batherson where Ryan is and let him go.  If he can handle it, then that's great, if he can't then he can develop more in the AHL.  This sitting him or playing him 10 minutes won't do.

And Boedker shouldn't have been a scratch.  These are some very strange decisions.  And Sabourin should only be on the 4th line getting 5 minutes a game.  

I mean...there's not much to like about Cussing with the lines after 1 game and not playing one of your best young forwards properly.  Hopefully Smith gets it together.

yeah but come on. you have to reward players that deserved it with their play. it's motivational.

i think bath should have maybe been kept in the line up though i agree. he needs a solid 10 games to show if he's ready or send him back to belleville

I don't mind rewarding players, maybe sticking Sabourin out there for net presence on unit 2 of the PP or something, but moving him up the lineup is dumb. He's just overjoyed to be a 4th liner.

I want to see Batherson playing 15 a night, I really do. Better to see what we have now than crush his confidence and try to rectify it later.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Batherson was awful. He wasn't good in the preseason either. Guy needs to earn a spot. If he can't hack it, send him down when balcers is back

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Can you guys now stop having expectations for Anisimov yet? Regular season NHL is not preseason NHL. It was unbearable reading the preseason drool.

It's 1 game.

Not really when you’ve watched him for a good chunk of his career.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Can you guys now stop having expectations for Anisimov yet? Regular season NHL is not preseason NHL. It was unbearable reading the preseason drool.

It's 1 game.

he's still better than smith

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It's 1 game.

he's still better than smith

A thousand times better. He'll actually provide some offence. Last night he got absolutely Cussed vs the top line of the Leafs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
i mean, he was on for every even strength goal against. so was batherson. DJ has to be better about recognizing line mismatches especially on the road.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:i mean, he was on for every even strength goal against. so was batherson. DJ has to be better about recognizing line mismatches especially on the road.

they probably should have scratched batherson and had boedker in. need to transition batherson back into the nhl, especially after a week training camp. the leafs aren't a good matchup for someone like him right now.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Brown being Brown with his agents help.

Remember I said to grab Ho-Sang for fun and make a headcase line of Duclair, Brown and Ho-Sang?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That is just an agent being an idiot. What a stupid comment.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The agent just has to be a cheerleader for the player, so you can’t really read too much into his comments. That said, it is 100% better for Brown to go play 20 minutes a night in Belleville and get PP time than to get 8 to 10 minutes a night in the NHL with questionable line mates. If he sticks at centre, who is he supposed to bump down the big club’s depth chart? I guess he could centre the third line and Anisimov could be benched? And then Anisimov is super pissed? Unfortunately there’s only 4 centre spots on a team and we probably have one too many “veterans” currently….

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:The agent just has to be a cheerleader for the player, so you can’t really read too much into his comments.  That said, it is 100% better for Brown to go play 20 minutes a night in Belleville and get PP time than to get 8 to 10 minutes a night in the NHL with questionable line mates.  If he sticks at centre, who is he supposed to bump down the big club’s depth chart?  I guess he could centre the third line and Anisimov could be benched?  And then Anisimov is super pissed?  Unfortunately there’s only 4 centre spots on a team and we probably have one too many “veterans” currently….

He didn't outplay any of the centers in pre-season, or Chlapik who is a center for that matter. He's not versatile enough for the wing. So play your arse off in the minors and prove you belong with the Sens.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
If he bumps anyone it's whoever our 2C is. They're clearly invested in White right now as the team's 1C with Tkachuk on his wing. I personally see White as a RW or a 3C but maybe I'm wrong.

I think the Sens should be focused on drafting a C this year and running with #1 rd pick, Brown, White, Tierney as their centers going forward. Norris, Tkachuk, Formenton, Batherson are your top-six wingers, and fill in the rest.

On that note, Batherson needs to do a lot more. I am thoroughly unimpressed with him right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:The agent just has to be a cheerleader for the player, so you can’t really read too much into his comments.  That said, it is 100% better for Brown to go play 20 minutes a night in Belleville and get PP time than to get 8 to 10 minutes a night in the NHL with questionable line mates.  If he sticks at centre, who is he supposed to bump down the big club’s depth chart?  I guess he could centre the third line and Anisimov could be benched?  And then Anisimov is super pissed?  Unfortunately there’s only 4 centre spots on a team and we probably have one too many “veterans” currently….

I think agents like that are part of the problem. You have to be able to tell your client that they don’t look ready. And clearly he doesn’t. It’s a disservice to the player to hear two contradictory arguments. He’s more often than not going to listen to the positive.

This is a case of where the message should be clear. Work.on. Your. Speed. And. Intensity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum