GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wish we could have Crawford and Martin. I want a better defensive system, but I quite liked Crawford and I never loved Martin. Meh...whatever's the cheapest is what we'll get. Some dude from some league we've never heard of making 20K a year most likely.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Does anyone else have their opinion at 0% Duchene re-signs with Columbus? I’m 99% sure it will be Nashville.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Does anyone else have their opinion at 0% Duchene re-signs with Columbus? I’m 99% sure it will be Nashville.

Not sure what to think when it comes to him.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:Does anyone else have their opinion at 0% Duchene re-signs with Columbus? I’m 99% sure it will be Nashville.

Why Nashville?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Team Canada with Kyle Turris wearing the C and Mark Stone with one of the As. Game against Finland starts in 15 minutes or so. PVR set.

Last edited by wprager on Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Senators sign free agent 23 year old d man Olle Alsing from Djurgarden

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Senators sign free agent 23 year old d man Olle Alsing from Djurgarden

I was just coming on to talk about this.

Not sure this will pan out into an NHLer but the last time I checked, the Sens didn’t have many Dmen for coming back to Belleville. I imagine this isn’t our last Dman we acquire one way or another for Belleville next year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Not sure what to think when it comes to him.

I think it makes more sense in Nashville than in Columbus if you ask me. Salary might be something that plays into where he signs.

Personally I think that if he liked his time in Ottawa at all, he should consider coming back. We can offer him probably 9-9.5 for 7 years and he’d get to be the guy amongst a team of young and fast team. And in all honesty if the team actually thinks they can compete again in 2 years than this is part of that plan.

Realistically, no FA of any importance will sign here until Melnyk has sold.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

I was just coming on to talk about this.

Not sure this will pan out into an NHLer but the last time I checked, the Sens didn’t have many Dmen for coming back to Belleville. I imagine this isn’t our last Dman we acquire one way or another for Belleville next year.

Chances are Lajoie, Brannstrom, Alsing start in Belleville. I imagine they sign a few of Elliott, Goloubef, Englund and Burgdoerfer. Splash in another D man and there's your lineup in Belleville.

I'm more intrigued by their forward depth next year.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hobiesens wrote:

Why Nashville?

Mutual interests of a GM that has coveted him before and Duchene loving the area and culture. Personally, I pretty much expect the Preds and Duchene being the 1st deal announced this summer.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri May 10, 2019 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

Why Nashville?

Mutual interests of a GM that has covered him before and Duchene loving the area and culture. Personally, I pretty much expect the Preds and Duchene being the 1st deal announced this summer.

With Turris as a 6 million dollar anchor? I dunno about that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nothing wrong with this! Belleville could use D-men.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alsing led the SHL in +/- this past season with +26. Last year's winner was Elias Pettersson at +27. Too bad he's not a rightie.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

What are the chances that Moritz Seider stops rising up the draft charts and is still available to us at 19th?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:What are the chances that Moritz Seider stops rising up the draft charts and is still available to us at 19th?
not that those ever mean anything but I've seen him ranked high and ranked as low as second rounder in mocks and rankings. I wonder does he have an NHL/AHL out clause? I would hope he isn't playing in Germany next year. He was also drafted by Owen sound last year

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:What are the chances that Moritz Seider stops rising up the draft charts and is still available to us at 19th?
not that those ever mean anything but I've seen him ranked high and ranked as low as second rounder in mocks and rankings. I wonder does he have an NHL/AHL out clause? I would hope he isn't playing in Germany next year. He was also drafted by Owen sound last year

I don’t have the answers to your questions, but right on cue he won player of the game at the Worlds just now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

I don’t have the answers to your questions, but right on cue he won player of the game at the Worlds just now.
Sweet. He does look very intriguing. Guy guy who can skate well and move the puck.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unfortunately there will be a lot of gms watching the worlds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum