GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will give you that we have been able to land our own kind of exceptional players these years. Guys the entire league Is jealous of. Currently Tkachuk and Chabot.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

We didn't draft him but Brannstrom might be another jealousy-inducing player in a year or two.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:We didn't draft him but Brannstrom might be another jealousy-inducing player in a year or two.

Oh, absolutely.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think a lot of teams are envious of the prospects in the Sens system:

Defence: Wolanin, Brannstrom, JBD, Tychonik, Lajoie
Forward: Brown, Balcers, Batherson, Formenton, Norris, Chlapik, Abramov, Crookshank, Paul (late bloomer?)
Goalie: Gustavsson, Hogberg, D'Accord

Not to mention Chabot, White, Tkachuk already in the NHL as full-timers, plus all the picks coming our way over the next three years. We need a game changer (Lafreniere or Byfield) plus the 2020 San Jose pick (Rossi) and the Sens will be back in contention in no time.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

2-3 years could look something like:

Tkachuk-Lafreniere-White
Formenton-Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Pageau-Norris
Abramov-Tierney-Ryan

Chabot-JBD
Brannstom-Ceci
Wolanin-Jaros

Hogberg
Gustavsson

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It cracks me up that in 2 to 3 years, we still have lineups with Bobby on the wing. Poor guy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:2-3 years could look something like:

Tkachuk-Lafreniere-White
Formenton-Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Pageau-Norris
Abramov-Tierney-Ryan

Chabot-JBD
Brannstom-Ceci
Wolanin-Jaros

Hogberg
Gustavsson

Lafreniere is a winger, not that it changes much for your lineup (swap White and him)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:It cracks me up that in 2 to 3 years, we still have lineups with Bobby on the wing.  Poor guy.
You’re right. Likely be full time IR by then.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Norris has the tools to be a good 2nd line center.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Norris has the tools to be a good 2nd line center.
Keeping my expectations low until I see what he does in the A. We said the same things about Chlapik

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chlapik has not really had much of a chance, yet. He's had injuries and then the team went bust. I still expect him to be a very good third line player.

Norris had a higher ceiling. Always did.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens have too many good prospects. If course not all of them will pan out, still it becomes extremely important to identify which ones will email early as possible, so we can trade the others while they are still valued.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chlapik has not really had much of a chance, yet. He's had injuries and then the team went bust.  I still expect him to be a very good third line player.

Norris had a higher ceiling. Always did.

I’m not saying Chlapik is done but I think expectations have been lowered. Word originally was he was going to be top 6. I mean it’s Kwan’s like that with young prospects that are picked early. I’m just not convinced yet of where Norris might wind up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah I agree, Norris is in a different tier from chlapik

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:It cracks me up that in 2 to 3 years, we still have lineups with Bobby on the wing.  Poor guy.

Laugh1

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Laugh1

Where's he going to go? Eugene isn't going to buy him out any time soon. Plus Gaborik, Phaneuf, MacArthur will be off the books soon they'll need to keep his contract to hit cap floor.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree. It's just hilarious.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Has anyone heard anything about the coaching and president vacancies?

I assume they'll want to hire a president before they hire a new coach but everything is so Donkey-backwards here that they'll probably do the opposite. Common sense never appears to prevail in Sensland

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum