GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 36]

391TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:46 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If you can get Puuljariv (sp) out of Edmonton and even Laine/Connor out of Winnipeg, the Sens come out huge winners.

Ceci to EDM could be a thing.
Stone to WPG likely a thing.

392TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Stone to Vegas is my guess.

393TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:36 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:I’d keep Stone even if he isn’t signed tomorrow

Cant do it.  Just can't.  You sign or you trade.

Absolutely you trade him. No matter what at this point. I'd offer 8x10 because you can at this point but if a good trade pops up before he accepts an offer he's out of here. Burn it to the ground.

Dorion's best trade as a GM will be a Ceci trade no matter what the return.

Stone would be of interest to non playoff teams as well. I know it's dumb but I'd maybe keep him until after the Lebreton mediation ends on Thursday

394TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

You are right, it sounds dumb. Smile

395TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Absolutely you trade him. No matter what at this point. I'd offer 8x10 because you can at this point but if a good trade pops up before he accepts an offer he's out of here. Burn it to the ground.

Stone would be of interest to non playoff teams as well. I know it's dumb but I'd maybe keep him until after the Lebreton mediation ends on Thursday

Ev, it doesn't matter what happens at these LeBreton meetings. It won't change Stone's mind if there is going to be an arena downtown. Melnyk is leasing the building from the sounds of it. He has debts to pay off. It's not going to help the team spend to the cap. I look at the 2021 'spend to the cap' statement as his timeframe to sell in the next 2-3 years. I imagine Dorion will make moves in the off-season to acquire players on LTIR to get to cap floor. Leafs will need to move Horton's salary for sure....

396TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:19 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Ev, it doesn't matter what happens at these LeBreton meetings. It won't change Stone's mind if there is going to be an arena downtown. Melnyk is leasing the building from the sounds of it. He has debts to pay off. It's not going to help the team spend to the cap. I look at the 2021 'spend to the cap' statement as his timeframe to sell in the next 2-3 years. I imagine Dorion will make moves in the off-season to acquire players on LTIR to get to cap floor. Leafs will need to move Horton's salary for sure....

Lebreton would add lots of money and value to the longterm future of the team, if the issue with Stone is money. I don't know if it's money or if it's Stone not wanting to be in a rebuild. Who knows.

397TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:21 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kevin Hayes to WPG for 1st and Brendan Lemieux

398TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Melnyk's announcement of spending to the cap coincides with both the Seattle money and it also leads me to believe he knows the downtown arena is getting done. Shame he can't sign our best players now though. A team with Duchene, Stone and Karlsson with the nucleus of youth would have been fun.

399TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:18 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Kevin Hayes to WPG for 1st and Brendan Lemieux

I like this trade more than I like the Duchene trade. It also signifies that Winnipeg is probably out of the Stone sweepstakes.

At this point I hope Stone goes to Philly. They have picks, cap space to re-sign him, high-end prospects, and now have to compete with a loaded Columbus not only this year but going forward. And they're outside of a playoff spot so that 1st would look pretty good.

400TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:26 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am also getting the feeling that Stone will not be traded today. Which is a bonehead move imo, but I just get the sense that this is where things are going

401TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am also getting the feeling that Stone will not be traded today. Which is a bonehead move imo, but I just get the sense that this is where things are going

Don't see how that's possible unless you know he's signing. It's just silly and would Diddle up this rebuild pretty bad when/if he walks.

402TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:50 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

absolutely not.
It’s an epic failure if they hes a sens without a contract tomorrow unless they have 100% assurances from stone that he just wants more time to frame his contract. Which I doubt at this point if they’ve pretty much handed him the keys to the car

403TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:52 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If you can get Puuljariv (sp) out of Edmonton and even Laine/Connor out of Winnipeg, the Sens come out huge winners.

Ceci to EDM could be a thing.
Stone to WPG likely a thing.

Ok, I know it’s legal but whatever you’re smoking is off the chart!

404TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:54 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Every statement you made is a best case scenario for us, I’d love this team to take on cap money for assets. That’s how you helps rebuild around in this day and age.

405TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:57 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Lebreton would add lots of money and value to the longterm future of the team, if the issue with Stone is money. I don't know if it's money or if it's Stone not wanting to be in a rebuild. Who knows.

At this moment Stonecould draft his own contract for the sens to keep him. It’s not about money. It’s about what the future of this franchise holds and whether he believes ownership can keep its word. I certainly don’t tryst them

406TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Melnyk's announcement of spending to the cap coincides with both the Seattle money and it also leads me to believe he knows the downtown arena is getting done.  Shame he can't sign our best players now though.  A team with Duchene, Stone and Karlsson with the nucleus of youth would have been fun.

Or.... it’s just the same old lip service that’s gotten us here. I remember Melnyk saying he’d spend when we were competing. We make it to the final four, lose methot and the extra guys we picked up. Instead of going out there and spending to get players who could help us maintain that success he relies on cheap rookies and they just turn turris into duchene.

That is NOT spending when the time is right. Melnyk is a Dung machine. A fraud of an owner. He’d been better off never saying anything at all.
I swear nothing will go right in Ottawa till he’s gone.

407TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Kevin Hayes to WPG for 1st and Brendan Lemieux

I like this trade more than I like the Duchene trade. It also signifies that Winnipeg is probably out of the Stone sweepstakes.

At this point I hope Stone goes to Philly. They have picks, cap space to re-sign him, high-end prospects, and now have to compete with a loaded Columbus not only this year but going forward. And they're outside of a playoff spot so that 1st would look pretty good.
I don’t know that I see philly doing this now.

Im secretly hoping that Vegas wins this one. Worst case, just get us a 1st, a conditional 1st and Glass or Brannstrom. Get quality Dorion!

408TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 27 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Isles actively interested in Stone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum