GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 36]

526TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:45 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Also another question. Why on earth did it come down to the last minute with mark stone? Could they not get a clear indication he did not want to play for Ottawa anymore? How hard can that conversation be? It’s a simple yes or no. Isn’t anyone else finding Dorion isnaptitude at managing players and their contract talks worrysome?

It’s most likely not a simple yes or no. He was probably struggling hard since he would have been our captain, this is the only team he’s played for, was drafted by Ottawa, and has a girlfriend who was born and raised in Ottawa whose opinion plays a big role in the matter.

The only thing worrisome is the guy at the top

527TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In 4 years there wouldn't even be a question of trading Brannstrom for Stone, you wouldn't do it - assuming brannstrom pans out like most think he will.

The other trades are more of a question

528TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Is anyone else still pissed we traded Columbus both Duchene and Dzingel and couldn’t get Bemstrom included in the return? No? Ok, I will check back soon.
The stone deal is a top prospect and a 2ndofr 8years of markstone. Doesn’t matter how you shake it, Vegas got a bargain. I’m happy with Brannstrom but we should have cashed a lot more. Oscar isn’t likely staying and even if he does, big woopy.

We basically got 2 high B prospects with bustability and at best a mid level 1st for duchene.which is.... meh. The only way this turns into a good deal is if Duchene signs another contract with Columbus and they suck from hell to high water next year and we wind up with a top 5 pick from that conditional. But does anyone actually believe he’s not gonna test the open market at this point?

You basically answered your question/concerns yourself. The return we got for Duchene was a return for a rental player most likely. It was a fair price in my opinion and I’ll be happy to get that first that’s going to be around 15-20. If Columbus misses the playoffs then they got hosed on the deal. And hell there’s still a decent chance Duchene returns to Ottawa although I’m not banking on that.

Dzingel, same thing, rental return but in that case it looks like they actually got a potentially comparable player in Duclair plus picks. Hes the only guy I would have traded even if they were a real team this year who signed Stone, Duchene etc

Doesn’t really matter now, we’ll see what the picks become in a few years down the road as well as the prospects we got.

Anything after 10 in this draft is a big drop in talent. Sure, it may be a 1st, but I’m still unimpressed with all things Sens lately.

529TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Is anyone else still pissed we traded Columbus both Duchene and Dzingel and couldn’t get Bemstrom included in the return? No? Ok, I will check back soon.
The stone deal is a top prospect and a 2ndofr 8years of markstone. Doesn’t matter how you shake it, Vegas got a bargain. I’m happy with Brannstrom but we should have cashed a lot more. Oscar isn’t likely staying and even if he does, big woopy.

We basically got 2 high B prospects with bustability and at best a mid level 1st for duchene.which is.... meh. The only way this turns into a good deal is if Duchene signs another contract with Columbus and they suck from hell to high water next year and we wind up with a top 5 pick from that conditional. But does anyone actually believe he’s not gonna test the open market at this point?

You basically answered your question/concerns yourself. The return we got for Duchene was a return for a rental player most likely. It was a fair price in my opinion and I’ll be happy to get that first that’s going to be around 15-20. If Columbus misses the playoffs then they got hosed on the deal. And hell there’s still a decent chance Duchene returns to Ottawa although I’m not banking on that.

Dzingel, same thing, rental return but in that case it looks like they actually got a potentially comparable player in Duclair plus picks. Hes the only guy I would have traded even if they were a real team this year who signed Stone, Duchene etc

Doesn’t really matter now, we’ll see what the picks become in a few years down the road as well as the prospects we got.

Anything after 10 in this draft is a big drop in talent. Sure, it may be a 1st, but I’m still unimpressed with all things Sens lately.

That’s true for almost every draft though, and in this one the drop off is huge after the first two.

530TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also I’m on byfield bandwagon

531TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:09 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Also I’m on byfield bandwagon

Yes! I think I said that to you about two weeks ago.

532TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

Yeah I heard of him before but have watched his scouting film more and if he’s even close to lafreniere in skill then you’d have to take that kind of huge skilled centre based on our need.

533TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It's such a crapshoot in the first round though, I dont know if you can say that with any certainty.

534TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 36 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:13 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Yeah I heard of him before but have watched his scouting film more and if he’s even close to lafreniere in skill then you’d have to take that kind of huge skilled centre based on our need.

I like the fact he's not in the Q and he's putting up excellent numbers in his first year in juniors. 13 points more in 2 less games than the second highest leading scorer in Sudbury. But hard to pass on a guy who puts up 100+ points as a 17 year old. I'd be happy with both, personally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum