GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 28]

61Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:26 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh yeah, forgot about Wolanin. When we trade Ceci, hopefully he gets up here to stay.

62Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about Wolanin.  When we trade Ceci, hopefully he gets up here to stay.

I hope Wolanin turns out well enough to help us forget what a bust Logan Brown is. Beer StickmanDancing

63Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about Wolanin.  When we trade Ceci, hopefully he gets up here to stay.

I hope Wolanin turns out well enough to help us forget what a bust Logan Brown is. Beer StickmanDancing

lol he'll take a while to adjust. He's done OK so far after injury.

64Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Hogberg got pulled after giving up 3. They were down 3-0 and 4-1 and pulled out a 5-4 win with Gustavsson stopping 18 of 19 in relief.

Balcers scored on the PP. Batherson has an assist. Brown did not do much (1SOG, no faceoff stats). Luchuk got his first pro goal.

Not that I like correcting you (I really do), but Luchuk had goals in the ECHL this year, which is pro hockey.

Oh you two... this is who I feel you remind me of...
Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 2f731b10

65Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci is a rightie, Wolanin a leftie. Jaros it's more likely to be the one replacing Ceci's minutes. That's assuming DeMelo stays on the first pairing with Chabot.

66Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As for Brown, he's averaged something like 37 games the last three seasons. I've know guys who grew a lot in a short period of time and they had all kinds of problems. Maybe his injuries are a reflection of this and not sign of things to come. I'm willing to wait another couple of years so he gets the reps he needs and grows into his 6'5" frame.

He may never reach his ceiling, but his ceiling is very high. Imagine Spezza, but raised by an NHL father with a better work ethic and an extra 2 inches.

If he's a bust, too bad. If not, look out.

67Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brown with a nice goal driving the net and getting his own rebound - long stick. Games not over yet but they were down 0-1 and scored 4 straight. Brown's goal stands to be the winner. The other three scored by the D (Burgdoerfer, Wolanin, Murray).

68Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Chaplik returns tonight for Belleville after he had missed 10 with and injure foot. Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the season

69Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Poor guy. Brooke his foot blocking a shot, right?

70Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Poor guy. Brooke his foot blocking a shot, right?

Yea that's what happened but he has had a run of injuries this year

71Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

B-Sens VP is resigning at the end of this season.

72Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Batherson AHL all-star MVP.

No way he’s not a full time sens next year (not that the all star meaningful)

73Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's been struggling in Belleville as of late. Could have been a confidence thing after having been sent down. This should certainly help.

I've watched a lot of his highlights in Belleville. Similar issue in the Q. He gets a lot of chances in close/breakaways and he doesn't finish. If he can score those goals in tight with more consistency he will no doubt be a top line player in the NHL.

74Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

His last couple games in Belleville he had some points again. And seemed to be getting his rythum back he has 31 points in 31 games

75Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I think any young kid has some consistency issues when they turn pro, but Batherson is pulling it all together and it shows in his point totals.

76Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did you see the picture Jeff Brown posted of him, Logan and some other guy at a rink? Brown is HUGE! He's just beginning to fill out. I am hoping all the injuries are just a growing phase and will subside when he's funny grown into that frame. He's still likely a couple years away from being a full time NHL player (and longer than that to get to his ceiling) but that's a heck of a ceiling.

77Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Did you see the picture Jeff Brown posted of him, Logan and some other guy at a rink? Brown is HUGE! He's just beginning to fill out. I am hoping all the injuries are just a growing phase and will subside when he's funny grown into that frame.  He's still likely a couple years away from being a full time NHL player (and longer than that to get to his ceiling) but that's a heck of a ceiling.

That seems to be the scouting report on Brown. He's a boom or bust player. He's a top-six forward or an AHLer. I'd much rather he fill out and develop in the AHL. Ottawa is pretty set at the center position. No need to rush his development.

78Belleville Sens Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Did you see the picture Jeff Brown posted of him, Logan and some other guy at a rink? Brown is HUGE! He's just beginning to fill out. I am hoping all the injuries are just a growing phase and will subside when he's funny grown into that frame.  He's still likely a couple years away from being a full time NHL player (and longer than that to get to his ceiling) but that's a heck of a ceiling.

That seems to be the scouting report on Brown. He's a boom or bust player. He's a top-six forward or an AHLer. I'd much rather he fill out and develop in the AHL. Ottawa is pretty set at the center position. No need to rush his development.

I think his speed is the biggest area of improvement he needs to improve. His first steps are not gonna get him an NHL job. He needs to spend the summer with a skating coach next summer big time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum