GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#10: Senators @ Golden Knights: 8:00PM, Oct. 26

+3
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

To be honest I am happy Boro may be suspended again. I hope he learns not to blow coverage in order to make a big hit. Going into the season we knew our d-men were going to be bad. With or without Karlsson. Jaros, Chabot, and Lajoie are rookie d-men, Ceci, Wideman, Boro are 5-6 d-men, and Harpur flat out sucks. Ceci and Wideman will be gone next year - replaced by Jaros and maybe someone else. Wolanin will get NHL minutes next season. So we need to be patient. This is a transition year.

Also keep in mind that Paajarvi is hurt, and it's evident Dzingel is playing hurt. What boggles my mind is why Formenton didn't play in OT. He'd be lights 3 v 3. But like usual Boucher continues to play his vets while the younger players watch. I get he's playing for his job, but the fan base wants to see the kids play (and make mistakes) not Boedker playing in OT. The Sens can't call up Chlapik or Paul as they're hurt, so the organizational depth is not looking good at C right now.

The Sens can beat Arizona and they'll be back over .500. Also, two games this week against Buffalo. And we should be getting Tkachuk back in another 1-2 weeks. My guess still remains this Saturday but he hasn't been skating so I am probably wrong. As far as a rebuild is concerned, we are ahead of expectations. 10 points in 10 games played and have played Col, Mtl, Tor, Bos x 2. All good teams. The Sens haven't played an 'easy' game yet. And they're super injured and not that skilled to begin with. So ya, snagging a point against Vegas was never expected to be happy about it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sens next 5 games: @ Arizona, v Buffalo, @ Buffalo, v Tampa, v NJD. You hope to go 3-2 and may even be able to squeeze out a 3-1-1.

Next 5 after that: v Vegas, @ Tampa, @ Florida, v Det, v Pitt. You hope to go 2-3. We're a 500 hockey team.

We should be continue to watch our players develop, cheer against SJ, and hope Buffalo, LA, Van-City, Arizona, Isles, Canes, NYR, etc continue to lose games

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t want to see Formenton in OT. He hasn’t proven he can handle the puck yet at this level , and 3 on 3 is not the time to learn. Stone, Duchene, boedker would be my top 3 forwards to use 3 on 3. Boedker has been one of our better players in my opinion.

Formenton will most likely be sent down to London, I’d say.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder when Formenton gets sent Down if they bring up Batherson. He has been pretty good in Belleville doesn't matter who has been centering him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Formenton will be sent down. And Tkachuk skated today. Could be a 1 for 1 with a Chlapik and Balcers call up coming next.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:I dont understand why that hit is suspension worthy.

Has anyone said it is, yet? He got 5 and a game, which I thought was overkill but I can understand it. What's more difficult to understand is how there was nothing called until after the fight. The refs should take a little heat for that. Paajarvi got boarded with an elbow to the back of the head (similar to Gallagher on Boro) and nothing happened, most likely because Paajarvi didn't stay down very long. That's what it's going to come down to -- players will go down and stay down to draw the major.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I wonder when Formenton gets sent Down if they bring up Batherson. He has been pretty good in Belleville doesn't matter who has been centering him

Do you bring him up, or do you let him continue to kill it with Balcers down there? Maybe you give someone like Tambellini a shot? I don't know, it's an interesting thing to try to decide. Chlapik would have been the guy, but he's hurt, so is Paul.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I dont understand why that hit is suspension worthy.

Has anyone said it is, yet?  He got 5 and a game, which I thought was overkill but I can understand it.  What's more difficult to understand is how there was nothing called until after the fight.  The refs should take a little heat for that.  Paajarvi got boarded with an elbow to the back of the head (similar to Gallagher on Boro) and nothing happened, most likely because Paajarvi didn't stay down very long.  That's what it's going to come down to -- players will go down and stay down to draw the major.  

Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki has been suspended three games by the NHL Department of Player Safety for an illegal check to the head of Golden Knights forward Cody Eakin.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another game I bet on Ottawa. Sorry guys.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Another game I bet on Ottawa. Sorry guys.
I'm hoping they get their Dung together on their own, but please go back to betting on the other teams.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Another game I bet on Ottawa. Sorry guys.
I'm hoping they get their Dung together on their own, but please go back to betting on the other teams.

I will bet on Buffalo tomorrow. You have my word.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

0-2-1 with Ceci in the lineup since his return. 15 goals against during this span. Just feeding the trolls Razz

Seriously though, what is up with Mike Condon? 22 days since his last start. No excuses for this. If someone is being placed on waivers, it should be him. A lot of money spent on a backup who can't stop a puck from the other team's blue-line. His confidence is clearly shot.

Nice to see Formenton get on the board. But I do think he's better off in junior or keeping him up and letting him play in the world juniors. Shades of mismanagement a la Lazar with this guy right now. Do what's right and give him time to grow into his game.

I'm interested to see what happens in Belleville tonight. I hope they can get back on track with a few bodies hopefully returning from injury and/or getting healthier. I'd like to see Batherson scoring again, and Balcers is due for a call-up seeing that he already had a year in the minors and is playing well. Anyone know when Brown is back? He needs to come back full steam ahead.

Otherwise, fingers are still crossed that Brady returns this weekend. It's a long shot, but he's been skating apparently. We're at 2.5 weeks since the injury.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And Condon was just placed on waivers lol. Called it?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And Condon was just placed on waivers lol. Called it?

No one is picking him up. You might have st-Louis but they wouldn’t take him unless there was a bad contract going the other way.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, they put Condon on waivers?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most likely to give him playing time in Belleville. He needs to get his confidence back but they also need to give their 37 year old starter a couple breaks without a guaranteed L.

Brown was being fitted for a brace and will resume skating soon. Dec 1 target date to return to action.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I doubt this to be true, but there could be some interest in Condon. Teams like LA, Calgary, Philly, STL may be interested in taking a low risk shot. Likely won't be via waivers and instead a contract coming back the other way.

I am starting to sour on Brown. The guy just can't stay healthy. He was only supposed to be out 2 weeks initially and it's turned into 6 quickly

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Most likely to give him playing time in Belleville. He needs to get his confidence back but they also need to give their 37 year old starter a couple breaks without a guaranteed L.

Brown was being fitted for a brace and will resume skating soon. Dec 1 target date to return to action.

As long as he's taking McKenna's time and not Gustavsson - who will be our starter in 2-3 and needs playing time much more than a used up Condon does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum