GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Golden Knights @ Senators - Nov 4, 2017, 2:00pm

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Vegans are in town hungry for a win after three straight losses. The Sens almost pulled off the Duchene trade which would have likely sent Turris + a defenseman to Colorado and or Nashville. Dreger broke the news late last night. I don't know about you, but if find it hard to concentrate on the Xs and Os just 15 hours later. This is where Guy's sports psychology degree Congress into play.

Harpur has been recalled, but with no deal on the table he's likely to be a scratch. Boro is still out with the flu. Oduya is not. A pity. Anderson in goal.

Go Sens!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the only person feeling off is Turris, and he might be compelled to play hard.

Come on Dorion, we all love Turris, just sign him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's been here a long time, wears a letter, part of the core. Of course it will affect them.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I think the only person feeling off is Turris, and he might be compelled to play hard.

Come on Dorion, we all love Turris, just sign him.

Yeah. I agree. Maybe that’s the move that gets Turris to accept less term though. “You were almost traded for not wanting to sign a shorter term, now sign on the dotted line for 5 years”

Or “Diddle this I’m testing free agency and I’ll sign wherever I want”

Could go either way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thing is, he cannot get 8 years anywhere. So in free agency it's 7 or less. Pretty sure the Sens would compromise and give him 6. Just get it done FFS!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Thing is, he cannot get 8 years anywhere. So in free agency it's 7 or less.  Pretty sure the Sens would compromise and give him 6.  Just get it done FFS!

6 would be good but 5 is better. And when you think about it 4 might be even better for Turris. He’d be 33 at the end of that contract and still young enough to get a 5 year contract from a desperate team looking for centres in FA. I mean, that’s one way to look at it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

4x$7 would be close in total to 5x$6. That's the only way he takes a 4 year deal.

Players are always one hit away from being done, so they want term. Maybe the MacArthur situation is playing a role in this, too.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope we don't end up looking like the expansion team today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More scouts at the game: PHI, CHI, WSH, CAL, MTL, FLA, NYR, DAL.

That was the posted list, but there's also a scout from Colorado who is not on the list.

Not 20 like Thursday, but still a decent number..

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just saw the end of Superman v. Batman. What the hell was the point of that movie?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:More scouts at the game: PHI, CHI, WSH, CAL, MTL, FLA, NYR, DAL.

That was the posted list, but there's also a scout from Colorado who is not on the list.

Not 20 like Thursday, but still a decent number..
Mtl scouting Turris maybe? They are desperate for a Center but what do they have that we could want? I don’t want any habs players. Pacioretty is an interesting name but he’s a no show in the playoffs. Don’t think we’d be interested.

Is it possible that Dorion sees Pageau as a guy that can hold the #2 C spot for the rest of the season? I’d rather not.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My god anyone who was cheering for Vegas are complete losers. Biggest losers I’ve ever seen. Like duck off.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatta wet fart of a game. Nice to see them ALMOST tie it up at the end....

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One thing I will say is that we've lost to a fair amount of good teams...or at least teams that have good records.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:One thing I will say is that we've lost to a fair amount of good teams...or at least teams that have good records.

That pretty much tells me we’re mid Pack. Not good enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum