GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Am I the only one who thinks the return for Pacioretty is a little underwhelming? This guy scored 30+ (or on pace) 6 of the last 7 seasons. The whole team sucked last year so his lack of production is most likely a blip. He could end up with 40.

Who will play center? Drouin is a winger they tried at center. Kotkaniemi is small and young. Suzuki is another winger. Danault? Seriously, they better hoe Price gets injured so they can tank with ease.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the return for Pacioretty is a little underwhelming? This guy scored 30+ (or on pace) 6 of the last 7 seasons.  The whole team sucked last year so his lack of production is most likely a blip. He could end up with 40.

Who will play center? Drouin is a winger they tried at center. Kotkaniemi is small and young. Suzuki is another winger. Danault?  Seriously, they better hoe Price gets injured so they can tank with ease.

They’re doing fine. Suzuki will play C and they have their 1st rounder next summer. It will be sickening for Sens fans when the Habs draft Hugues

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Win/win. Pacioretty must be so thrilled to be out of there and the Habs got a top prospect. Can't argue with that really.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Have you guys seen the new video released where boro interviews Melnyk? Wow, that gotta be the most awkward interview I’ve seen the Sens release. Amateur hour!

But the key things melnyk said
- we are in a rebuild
- we are loaded up with picks for the next 3-4 years(I have no clue what he knows because I don’t see us loaded in anything, you trading players Melnyk?)
- there are gonna be 10 new players on the team this year out of 22 and by next year those numbers will be up to 15 (so the should be only 7 vets with more than a years experience?

So I ask you, was that an indication that the sens are about to ship out players at the end of the season?
No way are we keeping all of Karlsson, stone and duchene.

What.a.gong.show

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If anything in this gong show happens, it's that Karlsson leaves, but we sign Duchene and Stone. But Diddle, whatever. That's why I didn't even bother going near anything hockey related this summer, it's pathetic the amount of things Ottawa did this summer.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

We are not in a rebuild. How many times does Ev have to tell us that for you to believe it? He was adamant. It wasn’t his opinion. He knew and knows.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:We are not in a rebuild. How many times does Ev have to tell us that for you to believe it? He was adamant. It wasn’t his opinion. He knew and knows.

So are you going to say you’re wrong when karlsson is traded? Don’t attack me when you pretty much had similar thoughts

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:We are not in a rebuild. How many times does Ev have to tell us that for you to believe it? He was adamant. It wasn’t his opinion. He knew and knows.

You’ve also stated we weren’t rebuilding.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The dumpster fire in Ottawa is just starting. Attendance is going to be a big story this year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And this plan is crazy. He’s talking about infusing too much youth too fast. You need strong veteran leadership. You need to build a winning culture. I don’t think Boro can shoulder that. This might be Edmonton 2.0 and there’s no jack Hugues coming in to be the savoir.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the return for Pacioretty is a little underwhelming? This guy scored 30+ (or on pace) 6 of the last 7 seasons.  The whole team sucked last year so his lack of production is most likely a blip. He could end up with 40.

Who will play center? Drouin is a winger they tried at center. Kotkaniemi is small and young. Suzuki is another winger. Danault?  Seriously, they better hoe Price gets injured so they can tank with ease.

They’re doing fine. Suzuki will play C and they have their 1st rounder next summer. It will be sickening for Sens fans when the Habs draft Hugues

The still have Price and if he's healthy they won't get the 1st overall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The presentation, the choice of people, the format - all very much like on of the best episodes of The Office. Cringe to the max.

Put that aside. Consider that Melnyk exaggerates.

"Loaded with picks" he's clearing taking about the newest prospects, not picks in upcoming drafts

10 rookies? I can't come up with 10.  I have 8, and that's counting Chabot and McCormick

So let's say 5?

Now there only thing that's troubling is he's saying another 5-6 new faces the year after. Is he specifically talking about Karlsson, Stone and Duchene? Sure sounds like it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can't believe our new CMO okayed this. It's no-one going to stand up to Melnyk and tell him he's burning his money every time he tries to speak to the fans?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

So are you going to say you’re wrong when karlsson is traded? Don’t attack me when you pretty much had similar  thoughts

Of course. I don’t mind when an opinion of mine is wrong. As far as this site is concerned, I’m a nobody and don’t pretend to know more. Opinion stated as such, can always end up being wrong. Fact is another matter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The still have Price and if he's healthy they won't get the 1st overall.

I bet he starts getting shopped soon.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

You’ve also stated we weren’t rebuilding.

Find it.

I will wait.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Melnyk also had a letter printed in the Ottawa Sun today. Pretty much the same tone as that incredibly weird, awkward video.

If I got one thing from the video/letter, it's that Melnyk isn't selling anytime soon.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man some fans need to chill and get lives. People saying Melnyk shouldn't have received a new liver. That's embarrassing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum