GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So, can we put the Karlsson trade rumors to bed now?  Are we building around him or what?  I assume if we still have a chance of locking up Karlsson that would help us also keep Stone and Duchene.  We're not that far off if we can stay healthy.  Let the young guys play more. and bring in another top 6 winger and top 6 D.

Yes. Could’ve put them to bed the instant we drafted Tkachuk.

If Melnyk is still the owner around the trade deadline, you can gladly start believing the media again.

Please tell me you don't believe that drafting Tkachuk has meant Karlsson won't be traded. The two are unrelated, as they were using the draft pick regardless of whether Karlsson was traded or not. Ottawa is not even close to signing Karlsson. There has not be a single conversation between the agent and the team in the last 3 weeks, and Karlsson is still not even considering staying in Ottawa long term.

Stone won't address long term future in Ottawa, and his signing of a 1 year deal likely means he's decided to leave if the team doesn't improve it's future (either by trading EK and getting an impact package back, or keeping EK and Duchene). Add to that, there is talk among wives that Melinda and EK hired a realestate consultant to provide them with a list of potential houses in the Tampa Area.

I believe EK will be here at least until December, long enough to ensure Ottawa's standings are high enough to ensure they are not bottom 3 in the league. They will still have to ask him for his no trade list and from what I understand they are toying with the idea of playing dirty pool and putting teams on it they know want to make a deal with Ottawa, so that the only team realistically that will trade for him is Tampa.

As it stands today, EK will be a lightning next July 2, regardless of what Ottawa does with him. He has zero plans to resign in Ottawa or any other team except Tampa if he's traded there. But then again, apparently I'm full of Dung.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So, can we put the Karlsson trade rumors to bed now?  Are we building around him or what?  I assume if we still have a chance of locking up Karlsson that would help us also keep Stone and Duchene.  We're not that far off if we can stay healthy.  Let the young guys play more. and bring in another top 6 winger and top 6 D.

If Melnyk is still the owner around the trade deadline, you can gladly start believing the media again.

Please tell me you don't believe that drafting Tkachuk has meant Karlsson won't be traded.  The two are unrelated, as they were using the draft pick regardless of whether Karlsson was traded or not.  Ottawa is not even close to signing Karlsson.  There has not be a single conversation between the agent and the team in the last 3 weeks, and Karlsson is still not even considering staying in Ottawa long term.

Stone won't address long term future in Ottawa, and his signing of a 1 year deal likely means he's decided to leave if the team doesn't improve it's future (either by trading EK and getting an impact package back, or keeping EK and Duchene).  Add to that, there is talk among wives that Melinda and EK hired a realestate consultant to provide them with a list of potential houses in the Tampa Area.  

I believe EK will be here at least until December, long enough to ensure Ottawa's standings are high enough to ensure they are not bottom 3 in the league.  They will still have to ask him for his no trade list and from what I understand they are toying with the idea of playing dirty pool and putting teams on it they know want to make a deal with Ottawa, so that the only team realistically that will trade for him is Tampa.

As it stands today, EK will be a lightning next July 2, regardless of what Ottawa does with him.  He has zero plans to resign in Ottawa or any other team except Tampa if he's traded there.  But then again, apparently I'm full of dung 
Logic dictates this outcome anyways. I don’t know how we didn’t pull the trigger on the last negotiations with Tampa. It’s only been suggested or speculated what was offered back but it’s a whole lot more than the little we will have at the trade deadline. 
If I was dorion I’d be talking to Salic about getting our pick back in a package for stone.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Not sure what to think of Ceci's comments. When he asked for $6M his credibility went out the window.  I don't think it was the case of no offer but, rather, no offer he felt (unrealistically) was high enough.

Once the ask/offer was put there he still had a couple days to negotiate before the hearing. I thought that half way (around $4.6M) was still too high, even though it was likely.  In the end he got $300K *less* than the mood point, but in pretty sure he could have gotten that without going through the hearing.

So at best he could have hoped for an extra $300K and it cost him to find out. And if he really thought he had legitimate chance at $6M he needs to change his agent, and what he heard at the hearing is probably something he needs to hear

He has not been very good. Even accounting for the fact that he was not deployed correctly (as a shut down guy). He has to be either good defensively or contribute more offensively.

Dude.  You can't hold Ceci's $6M ask against him.  First of all, that's what his agent recommended they ask for, and #2, this is how NHL arbitration works (as we've discussed to death).  It's in the best interest of both parties to be as extreme as possible.

Anyway, yeah, even $4M is likely a little high for the way the Sens use Ceci.

My beef is that he got butthurt doing this on purpose. I'm sure he could have signed for $4M without going through the hearing. He wanted to get that extra $650K (to midpoint; which he didn't get in the end).

We've all heard how bad it can get. Hard to feel sorry for someone who one this going in and still followed through to try to get a little more scratch to which he wasn't entitled!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did October come early in Calgary? What are you smoking? We don't have any of the big three signed being next season. All three could be gone by the deadline. That is the more likely scenario, as much as we coming to the hope the Melnyk will sell.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From what I read from Elliott Friedman it wasn't close at all on any of the rumors and now it's radio silence on trades for Karlsson. I'd say the trading of Karlsson has been overblown.

- Unknown Author

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

22_4_ever wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Please tell me you don't believe that drafting Tkachuk has meant Karlsson won't be traded.  The two are unrelated, as they were using the draft pick regardless of whether Karlsson was traded or not.  Ottawa is not even close to signing Karlsson.  There has not be a single conversation between the agent and the team in the last 3 weeks, and Karlsson is still not even considering staying in Ottawa long term.

Stone won't address long term future in Ottawa, and his signing of a 1 year deal likely means he's decided to leave if the team doesn't improve it's future (either by trading EK and getting an impact package back, or keeping EK and Duchene).  Add to that, there is talk among wives that Melinda and EK hired a realestate consultant to provide them with a list of potential houses in the Tampa Area.  

I believe EK will be here at least until December, long enough to ensure Ottawa's standings are high enough to ensure they are not bottom 3 in the league.They will still have to ask him for his no trade list and from what I understand they are toying with the idea of playing dirty pool and putting teams on it they know want to make a deal with Ottawa, so that the only team realistically that will trade for him is Tampa.

As it stands today, EK will be a lightning next July 2, regardless of what Ottawa does with him.  He has zero plans to resign in Ottawa or any other team except Tampa if he's traded there.  But then again, apparently I'm full of Dung.

Welcome to the party even though you are about 5 months late. You just pretty much copy and pasted my first post.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

22_4_ever wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I believe EK will be here at least until December, long enough to ensure Ottawa's standings are high enough to ensure they are not bottom 3 in the league.  They will still have to ask him for his no trade list and from what I understand they are toying with the idea of playing dirty pool and putting teams on it they know want to make a deal with Ottawa, so that the only team realistically that will trade for him is Tampa.

As it stands today, EK will be a lightning next July 2, regardless of what Ottawa does with him.  He has zero plans to resign in Ottawa or any other team except Tampa if he's traded there.  But then again, apparently I'm full of Dung.

Except when you put words in my mouth, or when you quote your previously emabarassingly wrong sources, your exact post is what I’ve been saying since I joined.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Did October come early in Calgary? What are you smoking? We don't have any of the big three signed being next season. All three could be gone by the deadline. That is the more likely scenario, as much as we coming to the hope the Melnyk will sell.

I agree with this. We will have 1st rd picks next year. Just probably 3 picks in the 20-30 range. sigh

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

All jokes aside I still don't understand how they think they can inject youth with the exact same roster as last season. There are literally 1-2 spots up for grabs, if that.

I 100% expect Tkachuk to announce that he will be going back to college. No reason for him to enter the Ottawa dung show this year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All jokes aside I still don't understand how they think they can inject youth with the exact same roster as last season. There are literally 1-2 spots up for grabs, if that.

I 100% expect Tkachuk to announce that he will be going back to college. No reason for him to enter the Ottawa dung show this year.

How so?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Except when you put words in my mouth, or when you quote your previously emabarassingly wrong sources, your exact post is what I’ve been saying since I joined.

Dude. You don't have to be a Dung disturber all the time. You can have meaningful contributions without the 'tude.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All jokes aside I still don't understand how they think they can inject youth with the exact same roster as last season. There are literally 1-2 spots up for grabs, if that.

How so?

Forwards on one-way contracts (11): Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Pageau, Smith, Gaborik, Boedker, MPS, Pyatt, Ryan, McCormick. They may want Carey for the 4th line center role.

Pushing for spots: White, Chlapik, Tkachuk, Batherson, Brown, Formenton, Paul

Maybe Gaborik is LTIR, McCormick healthy scratch which opens up total 3 spots

Defencemen expected to make the team (6): Karlsson, Chabot, Harpur, Wideman, Ceci, Boro

Pushing for spots: Wolanin, Englund, Jaros

Boro (probably) or Wideman (hopefully not) will get injured at some point opening a spot for Wolanin

So maybe we see trades at the deadline or throughout the year but the roster is pretty much set IMO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Still a little early to worry about what our roster is actually going to look like. If a Karlsson blockbuster goes down, a lot of things could change. There's potential for other trades before camp too (Smith comes to mind)...

It's still a mystery to me as to why we ended up with Boedker out of the Hoffman trade...take the picks, free up a roster spot for one of the young guys...c'mon man.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Or extending MPS. Little sense.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:

What words did I put in your mouth.

If you're stating you've been saying for months that EK would be here till December when Ottawa was out of the race for last place and then they'll trade him then fine, but that only has happened because the trade fell through weeks ago.

Choose to not believe it, my life and happiness doesn't depend on you believing me or the fact that I have a couple of friends in NHL circles. The fact is still plain and you'll find out that the deal was there, EK has at this time only agreed to go to Tampa.

To stick you're head in the sand and believe that Ottawa refused a trade (or to trade) EK in the summer when they could get a much better package, just because they wanted to avoid the embarrassment of giving colorado the first pick is just stupid. The only way trading EK in December (or at the deadline) instead of now, is that teams know he is not going to sign next summer with anyone but Tampa. That all happened as soon as the Sens allowed teams to contact his agent and discuss a potential extension. Most teams interested found out pretty quick he had no intention to sign.

There are a couple of people on the site who I choose to prove my sources to, and you're not one of them. So bite me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

How so?

Forwards on one-way contracts (11): Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Pageau, Smith, Gaborik, Boedker, MPS, Pyatt, Ryan, McCormick. They may want Carey for the 4th line center role.

Pushing for spots: White, Chlapik, Tkachuk, Batherson, Brown, Formenton, Paul

Maybe Gaborik is LTIR, McCormick healthy scratch which opens up total 3 spots

Defencemen expected to make the team (6): Karlsson, Chabot, Harpur, Wideman, Ceci, Boro

Pushing for spots: Wolanin, Englund, Jaros

Boro (probably) or Wideman (hopefully not) will get injured at some point opening a spot for Wolanin

So maybe we see trades at the deadline or throughout the year but the roster is pretty much set IMO.

The roster is definitely not set. One way contract doesn't mean anything for McCormick or Harpur. Spots will go to whoever deserves it. IMO only Brown, Formenton and Batherson are pushing for spots. I think we also need to see if Gabroik is healthy.

Last edited by Ev on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Or extending MPS. Little sense.

He's the perfect fourth line winger and looked very good in his role, and makes next to nothing salary wise. You don't want a young guy in his role.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

He’s not strong enough yet in my opinion. He should be going back to college and I expect him to do so. I hope he does. So much to like about his game, but I’d like him to get a year bigger and stronger even though he already has enough size to play. With that said, he will probably turn pro.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum