GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 41]

462018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am not sure we're that far off. I say we're back in the playoffs in another 2 years.

Offer Calvin de Haan (local guy) a fair contract and have him play with Karlsson. I'd be moving on from Ceci and finding someone for Chabot to play with (stay-at-home type). I'd then re-sign Wideman (two year deal) and pair him with Boro. Carry Harpur as the extra, trade Claesson. Pokka, Englund, Jaros as the call-ups

As for forwards, I've seen more out of Chlapik than I have Smith. Brown and White will come in eager prove they belong, Formenton may make the team, etc, Maybe there is smoke on a Hoffman for Nuge deal after all? Max Domi has been rumored to be available. Paul Stastny? Patrick Berglund?

But we're not competing for the playoffs next year. I see next year as a means of off-setting more salary, securing our top guys, and a year of development for our prospects.

I think you are either forgetting about Wolanin or haven’t been watching him. I’ve said it all along, him and Wideman will make a fantastic bottom pairing.

472018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:35 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

There it is. Another perfect tank night. Ottawa loses, Detroit wins (beating our 2nd 1st round selection) and Vancouver won again too.

482018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:55 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A couple days ago I couldn't imagine being in this spot...and now here we are, tied for 30th. Well done, Sens!

492018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:22 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:A couple days ago I couldn't imagine being in this spot...and now here we are, tied for 30th.  Well done, Sens!

And the best part is, we haven’t even got into the hopeful 3-point games in the schedule yet. Games like Buffalo vs Detroit and Vancouver vs Arizona. Instead, we are just hear because Ottawa is a disaster and Buffalo has beaten Toronto; Vancouver has beaten Anaheim, Dallas and Chicago; and Detroit has beaten Pittsburgh. That is doubly good as we have their 1st rounder and it isn’t guaranteed that the Penguins even make the playoffs. We could have two lottery chances.

502018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like to raise a glass to Antii Niemi too, who is single handedly winning games for the Habs.  Good on ya, Antii.

Niemi has a .936 save % with the Habs.

512018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:35 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

About 30 minutes ago, the NHL officially released the draft lottery odds. The 1st draw will look like this:

18.5%
13.5%

The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery Draw, based on which club wins the 1st Lottery Draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery Draw, based on which club wins the 2nd Lottery Draw.

Interesting to note, the three worst teams this year, see their odds improve to win over last years percentages. After that, the other 11 teams saw their odd get worse to win, stay the same, or a small percentage point increase.

522018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:19 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm beginning to sour on Tkachuk a little bit. The thought of drafting an NCAA player who's dad was active in the NHL scares me. I know Matthew plays for Calgary but he played in the OHL and didn't have the NCAA rule to opt out of his signing.

532018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm beginning to sour on Tkachuk a little bit. The thought of drafting an NCAA player who's dad was active in the NHL scares me. I know Matthew plays for Calgary but he played in the OHL and didn't have the NCAA rule to opt out of his signing.

Interesting angle. I could get on board with this hesitation. I don’t doubt his skill however.

542018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm beginning to sour on Tkachuk a little bit. The thought of drafting an NCAA player who's dad was active in the NHL scares me. I know Matthew plays for Calgary but he played in the OHL and didn't have the NCAA rule to opt out of his signing.
yes he did, he could have not signed and reentered the draft

NCAA players who get picked high will it spurn their team . There’s like one case in history, Blake wheeler.

552018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
yes he did, he could have not signed and reentered the draft

NCAA players who get picked high will it spurn their team . There’s like one case in history, Blake wheeler.

Of course everyone has the choice not to sign or not, but trying to allude that NHL drafted players that end up playing in the CHL after being drafted would choose free agency as routinely as NCAA players would is like comparing elementary school to university. CHL players are dumb as Dung and basically have one dream; whereas NCAA players actually understand the world. And Blake Wheeler isn’t the only high draft choice case in history. Ahhhhh! One guys name was just mentioned on this site last week actually.

562018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Tkachuk has 3 more years before he would become FA I believe.

572018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’ve got to keep the streak going because once again, I actually believe Arizona will beat Vegas tonight because Vegas just clinched during their last game and will have a let down game tonight.

582018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Florida losing to Toronto, and we all know Everything guarantees teams split back2back games.

592018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Florida losing to Toronto, and we all know Everything guarantees teams split back2back games.
no I don’t

602018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:07 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:I’ve got to keep the streak going because once again, I actually believe Arizona will beat Vegas tonight because Vegas just clinched during their last game and will have a let down game tonight.

Three straight perfect nights for the tank.

612018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:27 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Florida losing to Toronto, and we all know Everything guarantees teams split back2back games.

I was really hoping Florida could make a run and help push Pittsburgh out of the playoffs. It wasn’t inconceivable until maybe last nights loss.

622018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Coyotes beat Vegas. Outstanding.

We gotta bend over and let Florida have their way with us tonight.

632018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:The Coyotes beat Vegas.  Outstanding.

We gotta bend over and let Florida have their way with us tonight.

If Florida has any playoff aspirations they need a win to bring them within 1 point of New Jersey. A loss could spell the end of the Panthers. Must win for them tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum