GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 41]

1062018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Bob McKenzie doesn't do prospect rankings. He just compiles many other lists.  If there Sens pick second they are likely to pick Zadina. In fact, because of the KHL threat many other GMs would also avoid drafting a Russian player.

There is no khl threat for a player who came to Muskegon Michigan three years ago to develop for the nhl draft . The sens will not draft out of the mhl/khl but as Dorion has said they have no issues drafting Russians out of the CHL. I’m of the same opinion. I would never pick a khl russian. Top CHL Russian players get drafted high and don’t slip.

That’s not correct about McKenzies list. His list is made based on the opinions of actual nhl scouts and executives. He does not compile other people’s lists. That’s why his are the gold standard.

1072018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but that’s cool that you would pick him. I’m torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that I’ve seen.

That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

Actually Ev, you are not correct.  There are many lists available on the internet compiled by people that know more than you and I.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-march/

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2018-draft-rankings-dahlin-still-the-darling

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank6

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank4

Svechnikov is #2 on some lists, but not all.  There is far from a consensus as to who will go #2.

That is correct. I could post some more links for you and I as well, but what is the point? He knows he is wrong now and that is what matters when someone pretends to know everything.

You are ridiculous and cancerous to this forum. You’re such a hypocritical bunghole

1082018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

Ev wrote:I didn’t say he would be the #2 in every single ranking. But that doesn’t matter at all. Only Bob McKenzies ranking really matters. Anyone who knows anything about the draft and prospects has a clear cut #2 right now

Ev wrote:That’s not correct about McKenzies list. His list is made based on the opinions of actual nhl scouts and executives. He does not compile other people’s lists. That’s why his are the gold standard.

I guess I’m just curious how you can say Svechnikov is the clear #2 in the face of all the proof he isn’t and also when you only go by McKenzie’s list and McKenzie’s list isn’t even out yet? Sarcasm

1092018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"He doesn't compile other people's lists"?

Can you explain that? Or don't you consider NHL scouts and executives as "people"?

1102018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:"He doesn't compile other people's lists"?

Can you explain that? Or don't you consider NHL scouts and executives as "people"?

Bazinga

1112018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not the biggest fan of Craig Button but he probably knows more about the draft eligible players than any single person. And outside of the top three he's often wrong.

The only draft I can recall with no clear, definitive #1 followed by the rest was the Taylor is Tyler. Interestingly, neither one later very long with the club that drafted them.

1122018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Button doesn’t even rank a player unless he has seen them live at least 4 times. So as amazing as that is, he does completely omit some players. He’s unbelievably knowledgeable and his schedule is insane. I like his work, parameters he uses and rankings. He doesn’t really look at individual team needs because he doesn’t profess to know that. Some people such take cues from him there.Sarcasm

1132018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This guys knowledge and articles keep improving. It is a saturated field right now, but I like his April rankings.
https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-draft-ranking-april-2018/

1142018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:57 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree most with these draft rankings. I was souring on Tkachuk myself..

Still unsure who I'd prefer - Zadina or Svechnikov at #2. I almost see it as Laine vs Kovalchuk as a comparison. I'd also take Bouchard > Boqvist given the size of Bouchard but it sounds like Boqvist's creativity is pretty close to Dhalin.

Either way Ottawa should be getting a really good player. First time since the Spezza pick that Ottawa has had a top five pick. Now trade Hoffman to EDM for their 1st and we're in business!!

1152018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with you that I like this latest link. I think it is the first one I’ve shared. Knowing that the Sens can draft in the Top 5 if they choose to do so, is amazing in this deep draft. I’m loving all the D and wingers. 
The more I get involved in preparing for the draft, it would surprise me if Bouchard went before Boqvist. A lot of people forget that Boqvist is almost a full year younger than his fellow draftees. I get the apprehension just because he needs to be tested on our smaller ice and more physical style. Other than that, Bouchard is only bigger.

1162018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm interested in skill and hustle here. Get me a franchise winger to go with the franchise C we acquired. And re-sign Karlsson and we're good to go - or close to it.

1172018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Sounds like you want Zadina in that case. You better hope only one team better than us this year wins one of the three lotteries.

1182018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I guess that's the guy. I like the other forward and the D-man too though, so I won't be too upset. Maybe even Takdfhskachuk.

1192018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Yeah, I guess that's the guy.  I like the other forward and the D-man too though, so I won't be too upset.  Maybe even Takdfhskachuk.
Laughing3 Takdfhskachuk.
What D-man though? After Dahlin most likely goes 1st overall, I assume it is a coin flip between Boqvist and Hughes with the only distinguishable quality being one is a RHD, and the other a LHD. They will be the next D’s off the board in my opinion. After that, I think it is anyone best guess to rank Dobson and Bouchard. Depending on the team, when players are this close, team need might come into play earlier this year. Normally, when it comes to early picks, I subscribe to the best player available should be picked. I don’t know who I like yet this year.
Either way we go, I love the depth of this draft, trust our drafting and hope we end up using our 1-5 selection this year. If we chose to give it to Colorado, I don’t think Karlsson will be on our team next year.

1202018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Yeah, I guess that's the guy.  I like the other forward and the D-man too though, so I won't be too upset.  Maybe even Takdfhskachuk.
Laughing3 Takdfhskachuk.
What D-man though? After Dahlin most likely goes 1st overall, I assume it is a coin flip between Boqvist and Hughes with the only distinguishable quality being one is a RHD, and the other a LHD. They will be the next D’s off the board in my opinion. After that, I think it is anyone best guess to rank Dobson and Bouchard. Depending on the team, when players are this close, team need might come into play earlier this year. Normally, when it comes to early picks, I subscribe to the best player available should be picked. I don’t know who I like yet this year.
Either way we go, I love the depth of this draft, trust our drafting and hope we end up using our 1-5 selection this year. If we chose to give it to Colorado, I don’t think Karlsson will be on our team next year.
Out of those two I’d take Boqvist

1212018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:38 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

Regardless of where the lottery falls, I don't think there's any chance the Sens management gives up the pick this year. There's just no way.

1222018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:37 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I agree, just because I think this year was an aberration and we should be happy with adding an almost ready prospect with this draft. But at the same time, if management is actually considering not having Karlsson for the majority of next season, I don’t see how their evaluation of this team without him isn’t last place next year. Even still though, picking at worst case scenario 5th this year, is looking to be better than anything but Jack Hughes next year. So yes, I hope we keep this years pick for many reasons.

1232018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Laughing3 Takdfhskachuk.
Out of those two I’d take Boqvist

Yeah, I like the sound of Boqvist without knowing crap about him really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum