GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If it’s a retool then I don’t see what we would trade Hoffman unless the return will payoff in the very near future. I think Hoffman is worth keeping for another year or two then reevaluate. We do not have anyone to step into his shoes in our youth group and no guarantees that anyone we pick up in a trade can do that too. The LW was one of our place of weakness, I don’t think trading him helps us in anyway.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Our forwards are OLD.  Other than White during his call up we don’t have a forward under 25 and 5 over 30.  We need to move guys like Hoff for younger players.

Chlapik, Brown, Formenton, Perron, Batherson.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

You need youth in the lineup and prospects.  We have a big gap in our pipeline.  We have some on the come, but when they are 22-24 everyone else will be over 30. We haven’t had a forward on an ELC for the past 2 years.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:I agree with all your untouchables except Brassard.

Yeah, I just put him in there as I think he's a good 2nd line centre and his contract is reasonable. He also seems to do well under Boucher.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Duchene could be out tonight with the flu.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What are you talking about? You want teenagers?

Formenton: 18
Batherson: 19
Brown: under 20
Nurmi, same

After this draft we could have Zadina or Tkachuk.

You want early 20s?

Chlapik is 20-1/2
White is just under 21
Gagne and Perron both under 22

On D:
Chabot is same age as White
Harpur is 23
Englund 22
Jaros under 22

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What we need is for the coach to stop creating your perceived age gaps in the lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hawks tonight. Not going to create a GDT because we're on a GDT-less winning streak.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chicago is struggling. Apparently not getting it done from the back end. But they're still just 1 point out, so they will be bringing it, for sure.

Oduya is still singing falsetto, so he's unlikely to play. Boro will be a game time decision - he's been cleared for contact. Thompson is out until at least after the break. Ceci and Duchene both missed practice. Duchene has the flu. Guess we'll find out when we find out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Seabrook it's a healthy scratch. Whoa!

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

First off I was talking about forwards. We are well positioned organizationally for turnover on D.

At forward We have no one on the NHL roster under 25 except for a call up that will be returned to Belleville when Thompson is back. You listed a bunch of prospects who are in junior or Europe and prospects at the top of the next draft. We have the oldest forward group in the NHL and it's not really close. Having some of those guys gradually make the club over the next 4 years is good but we haven't added a forward in 3 years. Dzingle is in essentially his 4th pro year, Stone and Pageau in their 6th.

The guys you listed have the following pro experience (and aren't on the roster.

Gagne - In his 2nd pro year
Perron - In his 2nd pro year
White - In his 1st pro year
Chlapik - In his 1st pro year

So for the 4 years between Stone/Pageau and Perron/Gagner we have Ryan Dzingel to show for it.

Our misses (top 3 rounds at forward) or traded players in that period 2011-present
2017 - 1st rd Shane Bowers (Duchene Trade)
2016 - 2nd rd Jonathan Dahlen (Burrows Trade)
2014 - 1st round pick traded (Ryan Trade)
2013 - 1st round Curtis Lazar (oops - not sure we screwed up his development, think he was just overrated), 2nd rd (Bishop Trade)
2012 - 2nd rd pick (Turris trade), 3rd round Jarred Maidens (UGH)
2011 - 1st rd Zbad (Brassard Trade), Puempel waste, Noeson (Ryan trade no big loss), 2nd round Prince waste. (Interesting this draft gave us Pageau, Claessen, McCormick and Dzingle).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, we traded some picks and prospects. We also got some back in more experienced players. I still maintain that we have teenagers as well as early 20s players either here now or pushing for spots. So we need is for Boucher to play then and we would easily move back to the middle of the pack in terms of average age.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

You aren’t getting my point.  You need even distribution to allow for turnover in a salary cap world.  This team has been patching holes instead of fixing the foundation.  It doesn’t need a rebuild but it does need very crafty asset management.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chicago is struggling. Apparently not getting it done from the back end.  But they're still just 1 point out, so they will be bringing it, for sure.

Oduya is still singing falsetto, so he's unlikely to play.  Boro will be a game time decision - he's been cleared for contact. Thompson is out until at least after the break. Ceci and Duchene both missed practice. Duchene has the flu. Guess we'll find out when we find out.

Yeah... sure looks like they’re struggling tonight.

That’s where our senators were... Andy being Andy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Andy boned us pretty hard last night. Our 1st period was excellent, and he let in two terrible goals that just sucked all the life out of us.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson is terrible, too focused on car racing and ditching cancer events after games this year.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Anderson is terrible, too focused on car racing and ditching cancer events after games this year.
Explain please.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:Anderson is terrible, too focused on car racing and ditching cancer events after games this year.
Explain please.

apparently after the Arizona game he was supposed to meet some fans for the Hockey Fights Cancer night, but he bailed and another player had to fill in

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum