GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson is terrible, too focused on car racing and ditching cancer events after games this year.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Anderson is terrible, too focused on car racing and ditching cancer events after games this year.
Explain please.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:Anderson is terrible, too focused on car racing and ditching cancer events after games this year.
Explain please.

apparently after the Arizona game he was supposed to meet some fans for the Hockey Fights Cancer night, but he bailed and another player had to fill in

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Explain please.

apparently after the Arizona game he was supposed to meet some fans for the Hockey Fights Cancer night, but he bailed and another player had to fill in

Please. You can't pick and choose the rumours you believe only when they suit your particular view of a player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Explain please.

Please.  You can't pick and choose the rumours you believe only when they suit your particular view of a player.

Not a rumor.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Explain please.

Please.  You can't pick and choose the rumours you believe only when they suit your particular view of a player.

Not a rumor.

If he ditched a single event after a single game, what's the big deal?  And he's "too focused on car racing"?  Like, Diddle off with that Dung.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Explain please.

Not a rumor.

If he ditched a single event after a single game, what's the big deal?  And he's "too focused on car racing"?  Like, Diddle off with that Dung.

An event with cancer patients? Do you know the Andersons were shoving cancer down our throat for months?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anderson signed his retirement contract. No motivation to be good anymore. Last year he was playing for a contract extension. Condon too. No urgency for these guys to give that little extra it takes to win. That said they're athletes and athletes hate losing. So the above post about car racing etc I don't think is warranted. Condon may have been a flash (see Hammond) and has been proven to crumble under pressure (see tenure in Montreal). Anderson simply put is well past his prime. But the problem isn't goaltending.

But the team sucks. Goalies out. Or forwards to goalies. However you want to see it. Too many old slow players well past their prime. Burrows could very well be the worst player in the NHL. Dorion rushed to extend players that were undeserving of the major contracts they were given. Phaneuf and Ryan contracts are crippling the team disabling them to sign good players. If we didn't have Phaneuf we would have Turris.

The season is lost. Best thing the Sens can do is try to offload some contracts without destroying the future. Ie: Smith, Ceci, Anderson, Phaneuf if you can. Move Ryan to LTIR so he can fix his fingers for good, White can play in his place, and the Euge can recoup some money. If Karl indicates he doesn't want to be here trade him. Re-sign Stone and Duchene, and build around them, Chabot and the prospects coming in.

#AllInForDahlin

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anderson signed his retirement contract. No motivation to be good anymore. Last year he was playing for a contract extension. Condon too. No urgency for these guys to give that little extra it takes to win. That said they're athletes and athletes hate losing. So the above post about car racing etc I don't think is warranted. Condon may have been a flash (see Hammond) and has been proven to crumble under pressure (see tenure in Montreal). Anderson simply put is well past his prime. But the problem isn't goaltending.

But the team sucks. Goalies out. Or forwards to goalies. However you want to see it. Too many old slow players well past their prime. Burrows could very well be the worst player in the NHL. Dorion rushed to extend players that were undeserving of the major contracts they were given. Phaneuf and Ryan contracts are crippling the team disabling them to sign good players. If we didn't have Phaneuf we would have Turris.

The season is lost. Best thing the Sens can do is try to offload some contracts without destroying the future. Ie: Smith, Ceci, Anderson, Phaneuf if you can. Move Ryan to LTIR so he can fix his fingers for good, White can play in his place, and the Euge can recoup some money. If Karl indicates he doesn't want to be here trade him. Re-sign Stone and Duchene, and build around them, Chabot and the prospects coming in.  

#AllInForDahlin

Probably not. Turris was asking for far too much. We couldn't sign him regardless of Phaneuf.

I also wouldn't trade Smith. Great contract IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anderson signed his retirement contract. No motivation to be good anymore. Last year he was playing for a contract extension. Condon too. No urgency for these guys to give that little extra it takes to win. That said they're athletes and athletes hate losing. So the above post about car racing etc I don't think is warranted. Condon may have been a flash (see Hammond) and has been proven to crumble under pressure (see tenure in Montreal). Anderson simply put is well past his prime. But the problem isn't goaltending.

#AllInForDahlin

Probably not. Turris was asking for far too much. We couldn't sign him regardless of Phaneuf.

$6M a year isn't too much. It's fair market value for a good 2nd line center. Remember, Brass has a cap hit of $5M on a front-ended contract that was signed many years ago. Adjusted for present value relative to the cap hit, $6M for a 2nd line center isn't bad now, and in 2-3 years will be a really affordable deal.

Smith doesn't have a bad contract, I agree, but the Euge is going to want to trim salary. Here's Dorion's problem:

Duchene isn't going anywhere
Stone will be re-signed
Brassard is a great value contract and won't be traded (right now)
Hoffman is also good value and probably shouldn't be traded (right now)
Ryan is unmoveable
Pageau is a fan favourite (but could be moved)
Burrows is untradeable. Worst player in the NHL
Pyatt and Thompson are low cost contracts. Could be moved but doesn't hurt to keep them
Dumont is a plug. Speaks volumes to Dorion's intelligence
Smith has a good contract but long-term we may not need him

Karlsson trade if he doesn't want to be here
Phaneuf is untradeable unless you take bad salaries back (Seabrook, Moulson?)
Ceci's value is pretty low right now, if not rock bottom. You essentially trade him so the fan base doesn't lose their $hit when the Sens re-sign him
Claesson is underperforming but can be moved
Harpur is underperforming but can be moved
Wideman probably doesn't get re-signed. Injured
Oduya better get traded or else
Boro is good value for 5-7 dman (I suppose)

Anderson is underperforming and overpaid. Contract is terrible.
Condon is underperforming and overpaid. Contract is terrible.

Not a lot of options for Dorion unless you start trading with other sellers to try and add pieces moving forward. But no other 'seller' wants our crap.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

#AllInForDahlin

$6M a year isn't too much. It's fair market value for a good 2nd line center. Remember, Brass has a cap hit of $5M on a front-ended contract that was signed many years ago. Adjusted for present value relative to the cap hit, $6M for a 2nd line center isn't bad now, and in 2-3 years will be a really affordable deal.

Smith doesn't have a bad contract, I agree, but the Euge is going to want to trim salary. Here's Dorion's problem:

Duchene isn't going anywhere
Stone will be re-signed
Brassard is a great value contract and won't be traded (right now)
Hoffman is also good value and probably shouldn't be traded (right now)
Ryan is unmoveable
Pageau is a fan favourite (but could be moved)
Burrows is untradeable. Worst player in the NHL
Pyatt and Thompson are low cost contracts. Could be moved but doesn't hurt to keep them
Dumont is a plug. Speaks volumes to Dorion's intelligence
Smith has a good contract but long-term we may not need him

Karlsson trade if he doesn't want to be here
Phaneuf is untradeable unless you take bad salaries back (Seabrook, Moulson?)
Ceci's value is pretty low right now, if not rock bottom. You essentially trade him so the fan base doesn't lose their $hit when the Sens re-sign him
Claesson is underperforming but can be moved
Harpur is underperforming but can be moved
Wideman probably doesn't get re-signed. Injured
Oduya better get traded or else
Boro is good value for 5-7 dman (I suppose)

Anderson is underperforming and overpaid. Contract is terrible.
Condon is underperforming and overpaid. Contract is terrible.

Not a lot of options for Dorion unless you start trading with other sellers to try and add pieces moving forward. But no other 'seller' wants our crap.

A lot of questionable and insulting comments you just made IMO.

"Dumont is a plug. Speaks volumes to Dorion's intelligence" That's just a silly statement. Dorion is a hockey lifer and knows how to evaluate players. Calling out his intelligence for claiming a low cost 4th line player? Who cares? That doesn't not "speak volumes" about anything. My god, fans overrated the tiniest of moves.

"Burrows is untradeable. Worst player in the NHL" lol, ok then. Worst player in the NHL is a huge overreaction.

Turris would never has accepted $6M here, and he's not somebody you want to pay that kind of money. He disappears for large stretches.

Anderson contract isn't terrible, it's market value for a top starter. IMO he will have a good year next year. Condon contract isn't terrible either, he's a backup with starter potential who is getting paid as such

If I were the Sens, I couldn't care less what the fans think when it comes to contracts and who I sign. Most fans don't have a clue about anything.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So karlsson going to the all star. Anybody else agree it should have been Stone?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It absolutely should not have been Karlsson. Injured or not, he has been closer to terrible than all-star.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:You aren’t getting my point.  You need even distribution to allow for turnover in a salary cap world.  This team has been patching holes instead of fixing the foundation.  It doesn’t need a rebuild but it does need very crafty asset management.

I'd postulate that you need a *normal* distribution, not an even one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Explain please.

Anderson *has been* terrible. That's not a view, it's a fact.

He yoyos between great and not-so-great every year. This year he yoyoed lower than his usual off-years. The optimist in my likes to think that he will yoyo up to the highest heights next year. The pessimist thinks this is the start of an inevitable decline.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I wish people would realize Turris was not signing here for 6M.  He took 6 in Nashville because of the tax difference.  He wanted 7 here which is why the term was never negotiated.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Duchene is a much better player than Turris. Sure Duchene could be better defensively but Turris couldn’t spell Selke.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:I wish people would realize Turris was not signing here for 6M.  He took 6 in Nashville because of the tax difference.  He wanted 7 here which is why the term was never negotiated.

Even Dorion said bothe the turris and Ottawa camp had agreed on the numbers just not the length of the term.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum