GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

It has zero to do with Wideman.  He was playing wing.  Boro is a big big loss.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I don't agree. Wideman may not have been playing a lot of minutes but he was playing on the right side. I've seen a lot of failed clearing attempts the last few weeks where the d-man is playing on his off side and trying to rim around on a backhander.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn’t watch the game, what happened in the third? I don’t want to be encouraged...

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Tracking the Duchene trade.  Stats from the principals so far.  

Turris 26GP 5G 14A +4
Duchene 26GP 6G 4A -9

I think we see these a lot closer by the end of the season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And turris has a lot of pp points . I’d much rather have duchene

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I didn’t watch the game, what happened in the third? I don’t want to be encouraged...

They scored 3 and Andy didn't let any more pucks in.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:And turris has a lot of pp points . I’d much rather have duchene

Yeah I’m not sure there was ever an argument about who is better. Just that we wanted both. Nashville are a much better team. Helps getting points.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Duchene is great in high traffic areas and really drives the net well. Something Boucher adores and something this team was lacking. He's a heck of a player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Duchene is great in high traffic areas and really drives the net well. Something Boucher adores and something this team was lacking. He's a heck of a player.

Hi old friend

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So....any explanation for our recent success? Anyone?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So....any explanation for our recent success?  Anyone?

Law of averages. No way our team is third worst overall bad

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So....any explanation for our recent success?  Anyone?

My guess is that it’s sunk in that this team isn’t as good as people thought and expectations have been lifted a bit since it’s almost a given that we don’t make the playoffs. Probably playing without expectations relaxes the play.

Im still unsure who I’d want moved off this team. I know everyone wants hoff moved but he will be so hard to replace. I’d much rather see untradeables (the phaneuf and Burrows) somehow get traded and maybe guys like smith, Pyatt and Ceci who could be replaced internally.
Those could still net us some interesting returns. Nothing crazy but I don’t want to dismantle this team either.

For me it’s a retool and have another go. We are no way at a point in the game where we should be rebuilding fully. Too much in the pipeline and too many good pieces on the team.
Will have to sell that to Karlsson, duchene and stone of course.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Our forwards are OLD.  Other than White during his call up we don’t have a forward under 25 and 5 over 30.  We need to move guys like Hoff for younger players.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd ditch pretty much anyone if the opportunity presented itself. The only untouchables to me are Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, Chabot, Dzingel, and Brassard.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with all your untouchables except Brassard.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If it’s a retool then I don’t see what we would trade Hoffman unless the return will payoff in the very near future. I think Hoffman is worth keeping for another year or two then reevaluate. We do not have anyone to step into his shoes in our youth group and no guarantees that anyone we pick up in a trade can do that too. The LW was one of our place of weakness, I don’t think trading him helps us in anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Our forwards are OLD.  Other than White during his call up we don’t have a forward under 25 and 5 over 30.  We need to move guys like Hoff for younger players.

Chlapik, Brown, Formenton, Perron, Batherson.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

You need youth in the lineup and prospects.  We have a big gap in our pipeline.  We have some on the come, but when they are 22-24 everyone else will be over 30. We haven’t had a forward on an ELC for the past 2 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum