GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Not a Hall fan.  Need a centre to move Duch to LW

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Not a Hall fan.  Need a centre to move Duch to LW
amen!

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why did I bother watching this game.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im gonna miss Hoffman’s shot...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess that’s why I bothered!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man it sucks because we are gonna trade some good players. This team likely lacks just a bit more personnel because the owner got stingy. We should have gotten a much better player than oduya for that number 2 spot and should have found a way to keep turris while getting duchene. Or at least a decent winger. Had both those things happened we might have been in a playoff race as we speak.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I' m not sure of the extent of the Josh Bailey injury but I can see the Isles going after Hoffman in a push to try to keep Tavares. Barzal, Bailey, Hoffman, Tavares, Eberle is a pretty scary top six. They have prospects like Bellows which I doubt they look at moving but Snow is Snow.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I' m not sure of the extent of the Josh Bailey injury but I can see the Isles going after Hoffman in a push to try to keep Tavares. Barzal, Bailey, Hoffman, Tavares, Eberle is a pretty scary top six. They have prospects like Bellows which I doubt they look at moving but Snow is Snow.

Good point.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

White recalled to replace Thompson.  He will likely centre the 4th line.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Surprised they snubbed Max M as he has been playing well by all accounts.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Im gonna miss Hoffman’s shot...

So will a lot of goalies.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Man it sucks because we are gonna trade some good players. This team likely lacks just a bit more personnel because the owner got stingy. We should have gotten a much better player than oduya for that number 2 spot and should have found a way to keep turris while getting duchene. Or at least a decent winger.  Had both those things happened we might have been in a playoff race as we speak.

Might have? After the Sweden trip they were right there with the Leafs. They lost Wideman and Boro and then they lost their focus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Surprised they snubbed Max M as he has been playing well by all accounts.

This might be a move to appease the fans. Could be a Melnyk has been listening to Pierre's segment on TGOR. Either way, I don't think he's up because of his play. He's got the team worst +/-, which is not good for a player known for his defensive play.

Still, I'm glad he's getting the callup for two reasons. If I have to watch my team lose, I'd rather see them doing so while the prospects I've been following the last few years are leaning the ropes. Two, he may actually be one of those players who are better NHLers than they are in the minors.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of course the first time I forget to pad a recording they come back from a 3 good deficit to win in OT.

So I saw was Duchene's first.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Surprised they snubbed Max M as he has been playing well by all accounts.

This might be a move to appease the fans. Could be a Melnyk has been listening to Pierre's segment on TGOR. Either way, I don't think he's up because of his play. He's got the team worst +/-, which is not good for a player known for his defensive play.

Still, I'm glad he's getting the callup for two reasons. If I have to watch my team lose, I'd rather see them doing so while the prospects I've been following the last few years are leaning the ropes. Two, he may actually be one of those players who are better NHLers than they are in the minors.
It will definitely add a reason to watch the team. There hasn’t been much. I was wavering between a movie or the game last night and regretted my choice by the end of the 2nd. Glad I stayed with it.

I honestly don’t know how much all this has to do with  loosing Boro and wide.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

It has zero to do with Wideman.  He was playing wing.  Boro is a big big loss.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't agree. Wideman may not have been playing a lot of minutes but he was playing on the right side. I've seen a lot of failed clearing attempts the last few weeks where the d-man is playing on his off side and trying to rim around on a backhander.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn’t watch the game, what happened in the third? I don’t want to be encouraged...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum