GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote: I was wrong.

I will frame this.

Limited edition ...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap in 2 years (with the assumption that MacArthur is done)

Hoffman 5.187 - Turris 6.0* - Stone 6.5*
Dzingel 3.0* - Brassard 5.0* - Ryan 7.25
Smith 3.25 - Pageau 3.1 - Brown 0.894
4th line - 5 million total

Phaneuf 7.0 - Karlsson 12.5*
Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*
Boro 1.2 - Harpur/ELC 1.0

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

TOTAL: 78.65

Hmmmm....

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Cap in 2 years (with the assumption that MacArthur is done)

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

IMO Dzingel won't be here and Formenton, Chlapik, White, and Jaros will all be in the lineup. Karlsson won't get 12.5 (I'm projecting 11) and Stone will get a bit less, say 6 million.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

IMO Dzingel won't be here and Formenton, Chlapik, White, and Jaros will all be in the lineup. Karlsson won't get 12.5 (I'm projecting 11) and Stone will get a bit less, say 6 million.

Still gonna be right up against it. I doubt Chlapik can come in and take over for, say, Brassard without us taking a big hit for a while. Formenton and White I kinda figured in on that 5 million dollar 4th line, and Jaros can be the Harpur/6th Dman.

Gonna be interesting, we're a good team and trending up, but there's no way out of spending to the cap if we want to stay that way. Which should be fine.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

Almost too many variables to hazard a reasonable guess at this point. Karlsson can almost get whatever he wants, but having McDavid at $12.5M should hopefully limit his next contract to $12M/yr max.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

Almost too many variables to hazard a reasonable guess at this point.  Karlsson can almost get whatever he wants, but having McDavid at $12.5M should hopefully limit his next contract to $12M/yr max.

IMO he will get $11 to pay homage to Alfie

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

Almost too many variables to hazard a reasonable guess at this point.  Karlsson can almost get whatever he wants, but having McDavid at $12.5M should hopefully limit his next contract to $12M/yr max.

IMO he will get $11 to pay homage to Alfie

Laugh1
He might get 11 but I doubt it will have anything to do with Alfie.
I think 11 is the lowest he’s likely to get but I also doubt he gets the same as McDavid

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Homage nothing, that's leaving 8 million dollars on the table.  He'll get a bare minimum of 12 X 8 years - and rightfully so.

EDIT: Or an even 100 million has a nice ring to it, which is back to the 12.5 I originally thought.

Depends on if the cap goes up, I guess.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Homage nothing, that's leaving 8 million dollars on the table.  He'll get a bare minimum of 12 X 8 years - and rightfully so.

EDIT: Or an even 100 million has a nice ring to it, which is back to the 12.5 I originally thought.

I don't think it's minimum $12. He will take less to help the team out, and my guess is $11 to play homage to Alfie. Just like Crosby who settled on 8.7 to match his jersey numbers. Small things that have meaning.

$8 million over 8 years is nothing to a guy like Karlsson.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If he takes a discount Maybe we can offer him a bronze statue of him and Alfie once the new arena is built Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Homage nothing, that's leaving 8 million dollars on the table.  He'll get a bare minimum of 12 X 8 years - and rightfully so.

I don't think it's minimum $12. He will take less to help the team out, and my guess is $11 to play homage to Alfie. Just like Crosby who settled on 8.7 to match his jersey numbers. Small things that have meaning.

I hope you're right, that would be great.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Ryan
Formenton-Brown-Dzingel
Paul/Perron-Pageau-Chlapik
Extra: McCormick

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Englund-Jaros
Extra: Boro

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

He's already played under market value on his current contract. He could likely get 13 x 7 on the open market for 91M.

12M x 8 years is my guess and I will be shocked if he takes less.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Ryan
Formenton-Brown-Dzingel

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Englund-Jaros

I expect Ceci to be dealt after the season. His camp has said there is no way the Sens can open negotiations below 4M. With Karlsson and Phaneuf potentially eating up 19M of cap space in 2 years and Dion not wanting a trade Ceci can't really be paid.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

Hmmmm....

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Ryan
Formenton-Brown-Dzingel

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Englund-Jaros

I expect Ceci to be dealt after the season.  His camp has said there is no way the Sens can open negotiations below 4M.  With Karlsson and Phaneuf potentially eating up 19M of cap space in 2 years and Dion not wanting a trade Ceci can't really be paid.

he has no leverage . He can ask what he wants but tough luck

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There was an unusual number of pro scouts at the game last night. Vancouver is in a rebuild, of sorts, their only veteran pieces are the twins (they wouldn't move them) and Eriksson, who was not playing. So something could be up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:There was an unusual number of pro scouts at the game last night.  Vancouver is in a rebuild, of sorts, their only veteran pieces are the twins (they wouldn't move them) and Eriksson, who was not playing.  So something could be up.

I think they know Chabot is ready. He's got 2 points in 3 games in the NHL with a +4. He's got 2 points in 2 games in Belleville with a -4. Yes, he will get more playing time in Belleville and can work on the small things, but on a bad team in Belleville is it really going to help his development? With Karlsson back I fully expect Ottawa to move a d-man. But no team would send out a series of scouts for someone like Wideman or Claesson, and I'd imagine Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf, and Oduya are relatively safe. They may even think Jaros is pretty close to being ready. So I too am a little confused on what they could be scouting. Maybe the Sens are trying to off-load Ceci but again, makes no sense unless they think Jaros is ready or they have Chabot or Phaneuf on their off wing.

I noticed Smith and Dzingel both had an extra step in their game last night and were the most noticeable players. I was not impressed by our 4th line which should come as a surprise to no one here. I think the $4.15M/annum combo of Burrows and Thompson is probably within the top 10 biggest wastes of money in the NHL. That's a discussion for another day. But when White comes back from his injury, where does he fit in? And why hasn't Brown been sent down yet - especially if Boucher wants to play 11 F - 7 D.

So ya, something is a little weird.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:There was an unusual number of pro scouts at the game last night.  Vancouver is in a rebuild, of sorts, their only veteran pieces are the twins (they wouldn't move them) and Eriksson, who was not playing.  So something could be up.

I think they know Chabot is ready. He's got 2 points in 3 games in the NHL with a +4. He's got 2 points in 2 games in Belleville with a -4. Yes, he will get more playing time in Belleville and can work on the small things, but on a bad team in Belleville is it really going to help his development? With Karlsson back I fully expect Ottawa to move a d-man. But no team would send out a series of scouts for someone like Wideman or Claesson, and I'd imagine Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf, and Oduya are relatively safe. They may even think Jaros is pretty close to being ready. So I too am a little confused on what they could be scouting. Maybe the Sens are trying to off-load Ceci but again, makes no sense unless they think Jaros is ready or they have Chabot or Phaneuf on their off wing.

I noticed Smith and Dzingel both had an extra step in their game last night and were the most noticeable players. I was not impressed by our 4th line which should come as a surprise to no one here. I think the $4.15M/annum combo of Burrows and Thompson is probably within the top 10 biggest wastes of money in the NHL. That's a discussion for another day. But when White comes back from his injury, where does he fit in? And why hasn't Brown been sent down yet - especially if Boucher wants to play 11 F - 7 D.

So ya, something is a little weird.

White fits in where Brown is, if they haven't traded for a forward. Brown is playing the next couple of games for sure.

Teams would absolutely send scouts for any type of player they're watching, Wideman and Claesson would definitely be scouted like that if teams were interested.

Thompson has fit in quite well, a mainstay on the #1 PK in the league.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum