GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And you draft well and sub in guys on ELC's and controlled RFA contracts into their spots.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure I agree with that last point. They definitely need a rebuild but think they can get decent pieces for Pacioretty and Plekanec. Shaw will end up being a terrible contract. Gallagher they will keep along with Drouin. They should be going hard after Duchene.

Pacioretty would get them a lot. The best you can hope for plec is a 2nd rounder if he finds his form this year again but I doubt it.

Forget about duchene, what or who are they goIng to trade? That blue line is full of duds. Trade the one guy that is ok in petry? Weber is too old and the habs would sabotage their chances. I doubt anyone picks up the phone when MB calls.

I see the Weber contract as similar to the Phaneuf contract. Big money for declining players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think it's the same concept with the impending Karlsson situation.

Say he signs an 8 x $13M contract. You get rid of the Burrows, Thompson, Pyatt contracts and another contract (Smith?) and it's a wash relative to what he is making now.

What would the fan base's reaction be if we trade Karlsson? You have to give him what he wants because someone else will give him what you don't.

This is why the Boro extension didn't make sense to me but that's a discussion for another day... haha

Ottawa's lineup in 3-4 years from now could very well look like some form of:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brown-Ryan
Formenton-Pageau-Perron
McCormick-Chlapik-Dzingel

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Englund-Jaros
Harpur

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:So Karlsson has been ruled out from this Western Canada swing.  He could return as early as next Tuesday against Vancouver.  Oduya hasn't been officially ruled out for Friday's game against Calgary but it sounds like he'd more realistically join the team in Edmonton, on Saturday.

My thinking -- if they win in Calgary they'll tell Johhny to stay back and enjoy his time off.   Get both him and Karlsson back on Tuesday to counter the effects of first home game after a road trip.

I don’t see us winning in Calgary.
I love being wrong  Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In retrospect, this was a trap game for Calgary. Coming back home after winning three straight.

By the way, with Vegas losing, there's now just three teams without a regulation loss. Sens, Canes and Kings.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So with Neil finding a new home less and less likely I feel like ottawa is missing a golden opportunity to transition to retirement (if that’s the way he choose to go) he’s given a lot to the org I feel they should still treat him as a member of the sens if he chooses to retire. Maybe that will still happen

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So with Neil finding a new home less and less likely I feel like ottawa is missing a golden opportunity to transition to retirement (if that’s the way he choose to go) he’s given a lot to the org I feel they should still treat him as a member of the sens if he chooses to retire. Maybe that will still happen

To be honest, I'm not sure what skills or value Neil could bring to the organization off the ice. I doubt they want to pay him just to hang around as a figurehead, and I'm not sure how qualified he'd be to work in player development.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So with Neil finding a new home less and less likely I feel like ottawa is missing a golden opportunity to transition to retirement (if that’s the way he choose to go) he’s given a lot to the org I feel they should still treat him as a member of the sens if he chooses to retire. Maybe that will still happen

To be honest, I'm not sure what skills or value Neil could bring to the organization off the ice.  I doubt they want to pay him just to hang around as a figurehead, and I'm not sure how qualified he'd be to work in player development.

You don't think? I think he'd be great at player development personally.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure what skills or value Neil could bring to the organization off the ice.  I doubt they want to pay him just to hang around as a figurehead, and I'm not sure how qualified he'd be to work in player development.

You don't think?  I think he'd be great at player development personally.

Oh I don’t mean for him to work in player development. I just think he should retire a senator if he does retire. Make an event of it. He deserves it. Sign him to a one day contract. He’s given a lot to the org and he’s been faithful. I understand he’s losing out hope some team contacts him but this would be the logical move. Maybe give him the job of water boy after that so he can snarl at the other team as they skate by Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot (2 points in 3 games) sent back to Belleville. That means Karlsson is ready and I was wrong.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You don't think?  I think he'd be great at player development personally.

Oh I don’t mean for him to work in player development. I just think he should retire a senator if he does retire. Make an event of it. He deserves it. Sign him to a one day contract. He’s given a lot to the org and he’s been faithful. I understand he’s losing out hope some team contacts him but this would be the logical move. Maybe give him the job of water boy after that so he can snarl at the other team as they skate by Sarcasm

I don't even think you need to sign him at all as he never left. Just have a Neil night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not only Chabot, but Formenton to juniors too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Formenton was pretty much a given. I realize Chabot can be brought up/down willy-nilly anytime they want, now that he's out of Junior, but from what he has shown over the last couple of games I thought he might stay.

Surprised Brown is still here. Why, exactly? He hasn't played since the opening game against the Caps.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote: I was wrong.

I will frame this.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Karlsson is going to play tomorrow. Hope he doesn't drag us down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote: I was wrong.

I will frame this.

Limited edition ...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap in 2 years (with the assumption that MacArthur is done)

Hoffman 5.187 - Turris 6.0* - Stone 6.5*
Dzingel 3.0* - Brassard 5.0* - Ryan 7.25
Smith 3.25 - Pageau 3.1 - Brown 0.894
4th line - 5 million total

Phaneuf 7.0 - Karlsson 12.5*
Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*
Boro 1.2 - Harpur/ELC 1.0

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

TOTAL: 78.65

Hmmmm....

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Cap in 2 years (with the assumption that MacArthur is done)

Hoffman 5.187 - Turris 6.0* - Stone 6.5*
Dzingel 3.0* - Brassard 5.0* - Ryan 7.25
Smith 3.25 - Pageau 3.1 - Brown 0.894
4th line - 5 million total

Phaneuf 7.0 - Karlsson 12.5*
Chabot 0.863 - Ceci 4.0*
Boro 1.2 - Harpur/ELC 1.0

Anderson 4.75
Condon 2.4

TOTAL: 78.65

Hmmmm....

IMO Dzingel won't be here and Formenton, Chlapik, White, and Jaros will all be in the lineup. Karlsson won't get 12.5 (I'm projecting 11) and Stone will get a bit less, say 6 million.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum