GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 22]

2412017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:36 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No way is Brassard better than Turris. Nope.

2422017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Florida aside, who knows what it will cost to keep Turris, Stone and Karlsson. I guess I am surprised the Sens are not trying to load up for this year and next year while those guys are still on our roster under good contracts. I am against mortgaging our future for a run but am surprised that Ottawa is adding 'depth' pieces over a significant piece, and addressing our depth by letting some of our younger players push for a roster spot.
So who are these players we should be getting without mortgaging the future?

2432017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah the summer is still young. But I'm in between both camps. I'm not sure we are in a great position to complete. I think Toronto got much better, buffalo is better but not above us, Florida lost some pieces and look like a team looking to make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, the jury is out on Montréal but as it stands it will be tough for them to beat us. Tampa looks to be better and likely make the playoffs. I think we could be anywhere in the standings between 1 and 8 with how we look today. Depending on how current players perform

2442017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah turris is much better than brass and he'll for sure get more than 6. Maybe 6 on a looooooong term deal. I vote to keep turris, he'll make an excellent 2nd line center as he gets older. I just hope by then we have our first line center sussed out.

2452017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:No way is Brassard better than Turris.  Nope.

Cool that's your opinion. They're pretty similar but brassard is better offensively and has more compete imo. I'd take brassard.

2462017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah turris is much better than brass and he'll for sure get more than 6. Maybe 6 on a looooooong term deal. I vote to keep turris, he'll make an excellent 2nd line center as he gets older. I just hope by then we have our first line center sussed out.
hes abolsutely not much better even if you think he is better

2472017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah the summer is still young. But I'm in between both camps. I'm not sure we are in a great position to complete. I think Toronto got much better, buffalo is better but not above us, Florida lost some pieces and look like a team looking to make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, the jury is out on Montréal but as it stands it will be tough for them to beat us. Tampa looks to be better and likely make the playoffs. I think we could be anywhere in the standings between 1 and 8 with how we look today. Depending on how current players perform

That last line essentially applies to any team. pittsburgh is in rough shape should murray and crosby get hurt. montreal has no puck moving d men, buffalo has streaky goal tending and a lot hopeful pieces. toronto could do better but i wouldnt bet that they dont go through any sophomore slump. Florida is hoping to be better with less injuries. Tampa is thinking kunitz is a good player not just a crosby feeder and giradi those were not good signings. we have a good chance like ev says of being 1 or 2 in the division

2482017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It basically all depends on:

a) How much will Chabot play and how effective will he be

b)Who exactly takes helps out when the top 6 wingers either go cold or get injured?  

The point for me wasn't just to get a top six player - or a top line player (good luck), it was to be able to roll 4 really strong lines where hopefully someone (other than Pageau) on the third line is a real threat during the game and especially when injuries strike.

You hope White or Burrows or Smith is that guy, but if we truly intended to go for it, it would be another proven 20 goal guy.  I wish we could have got Johansson out of Washington, he would have been perfect.

Jussi Jokinen would be nice too.  Always have liked him.  Offer him a 1 year, 1.75 contract and if he signs, you're deeper, if he doesn't so be it, if he sucks he won't drag you down.

Last edited by PTFlea on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

2492017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or Jagr.

Jagr and Jokinen I'd extend offers to.

Markov I'd offer 2 years 13 million tonight. A lot of money, but I want him here.

2502017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:56 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Or Jagr.  

Markov I'd offer 2 years 13 million tonight.  A lot of money, but I want him here.
I don't get why you still like Jokinen. I don't see how he can have an impact. If anything he'd be a repeat of whatever we have on the third line. Jagr it can be argued could still be top 6 and it can be argued that even on the third line he could create his own space and generate his own offense. Heck he might even Pageau be more productive.
Im with you with Markov although I don't see why he deserves more than 4 mill a year. Dudes gonna be 39!

2512017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Markov can get more than that from Montreal. You overpay him to destroy the Habs, simple as that.  

Who was it that said Florida would be good? What have they done other than lose Jagr? Whatever injuries they had, he wasn't one of them.  I doubt they make the playoffs.

2522017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree with Markov. Would be a good slap in the face for Montreal. But at that price I'd pass. Much rather spend $6.5M per year on something else. Maybe a one year deal at that amount but not 2 years...

2532017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

Markov I'd offer 2 years 13 million tonight.  A lot of money, but I want him here.
I don't get why you still like Jokinen. I don't see how he can have an impact. If anything he'd be a repeat of whatever we have on the third line. Jagr it can be argued could still be top 6 and it can be argued that even on the third line he could create his own space and generate his own offense. Heck he might even Pageau be more productive.
Im with you with Markov although I don't see why he deserves more than 4 mill a year. Dudes gonna be 39!

Still a major presence 5 on 5 and someone who could really rejuvenate our PP. Plus, what better mentor for Chabot than him and Karlsson? He's everything we want and need.

As for jokinen, he's a year removed from 60 points and last year was a trainwreck in florida. He's shifty, responsible and could be had cheap.

I'd bet good money on him being a 50 point player on Ottawa if we signed him.

2542017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:57 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Still a major presence 5 on 5 and someone who could really rejuvenate our PP.  Plus, what better mentor for Chabot than him and Karlsson?   He's everything we want and need.

As for jokinen, he's a year removed from 60 points and last year was a trainwreck in florida.  He's shifty, responsible and could be had cheap.

I guess it's a possibility. Maybe if the sens don't wind up resigning Stralberg they'll go after him

2552017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We won't sign Markov, but I must say I was surprised by some of his stats from last year. Even a bunch of the advanced metrics look pretty good. Seems like a guy that would be good on a one or two year deal.

2562017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's funny, the Habs have no problems with Russian Reclamation Projects (RRP tm) but having problems resigning their own Russians.

2572017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:00 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Still a major presence 5 on 5 and someone who could really rejuvenate our PP.  Plus, what better mentor for Chabot than him and Karlsson?   He's everything we want and need.

As for jokinen, he's a year removed from 60 points and last year was a trainwreck in florida.  He's shifty, responsible and could be had cheap.

I guess it's a possibility. Maybe if the sens don't wind up resigning Stralberg they'll go after him

They'd be stupid to re-sign Stalberg. They already have 12 forwards on one-way contracts, and probably don't want to burn another year on White's ELC. IMO, let some of the kids play. For those worried about 'insulating' younger players, they need a chance to play. Paul, White, and McCormick are most likely ready. If anything McCormick can play on a 4th line. My guess is Paul makes the team out of camp with White being a quarter-season call up. So signing Stalberg to a 2+ year deal makes zero sense, especially with McCormick on a one-way contract the following year.

2582017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

They'd be stupid to re-sign Stalberg. They already have 12 forwards on one-way contracts, and probably don't want to burn another year on White's ELC. IMO, let some of the kids play. For those worried about 'insulating' younger players, they need a chance to play. Paul, White, and McCormick are most likely ready. If anything McCormick can play on a 4th line. My guess is Paul makes the team out of camp with White being a quarter-season call up. So signing Stalberg to a 2+ year deal makes zero sense, especially with McCormick on a one-way contract the following year.

White's year is burned regardless of where he plays.

Stalberg would still be a good add, even if it was just a PTO. It lets players compete for spots. Stalberg is definitely miles better than McCormick, for one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum