GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 22]

2262017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Montreal has a real chance to get screwed in the east this year.  So do we.  This conference has become pretty strong, especially with moves made by other teams.

I think we'll be on the bubble and hopefully make it, but I strongly doubt Montreal makes it.

Toronto looks real good too, buffalo looks good, Tampa looks good, Florida should rebound, Columbus is good, philly is good, isles should be good.  We're in deep here.

Agreed. I think we are the only team that took a step back. Keep in mind, we only made the playoffs last year by a few points but we also didn't have Andy or MacArthur and a good Bobby Ryan for most of the season.

It is really hard to say where the Sens will end up, but I can't help but feel like we miss the playoffs this year.

I should say that Montreal took a step back, too.

How good of a partner would Markov be with Karlsson. Could be a dirty PP

2272017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:06 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens did not take a step back. We are a clear #1 or #2 team in our division. I'd bet good money on them winning the division this season.

2282017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:20 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:The Sens did not take a step back. We are a clear #1 or #2 team in our division. I'd bet good money on them winning the division this season.

I think you will see a huge resurgence from Florida who faced a ton of injuries last year, and the Leafs can be dangerous assuming they avoid the sophomore slump. Tampa could also turn it around and I am not sure what Montreal will look like with all of their roster changes. I can see the Habs trying to land Kovalchuk with Radulov gone and Markov unsigned.

We are relying heavily on an older Anderson, MacArthur making it through the year un-injured, Ryan performing to his potential, Phaneuf playing a lot of top-line minutes, and Claesson being as good as advertised.

2292017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The Sens did not take a step back. We are a clear #1 or #2 team in our division. I'd bet good money on them winning the division this season.

I think you will see a huge resurgence from Florida who faced a ton of injuries last year, and the Leafs can be dangerous assuming they avoid the sophomore slump. Tampa could also turn it around and I am not sure what Montreal will look like with all of their roster changes. I can see the Habs trying to land Kovalchuk with Radulov gone and Markov unsigned.

We are relying heavily on an older Anderson, MacArthur making it through the year un-injured, Ryan performing to his potential, Phaneuf playing a lot of top-line minutes, and Claesson being as good as advertised.

Florida won't make the playoffs. They decimated their team this off-season. I think you're unjustly looking at negatives and only looking at other team's positives. There is nobody in the Atlantic the Sens can't finish ahead of IMO.

2302017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:02 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Florida aside, who knows what it will cost to keep Turris, Stone and Karlsson. I guess I am surprised the Sens are not trying to load up for this year and next year while those guys are still on our roster under good contracts. I am against mortgaging our future for a run but am surprised that Ottawa is adding 'depth' pieces over a significant piece, and addressing our depth by letting some of our younger players push for a roster spot.

2312017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll say this: I think Ottawa's in a better position than Montreal. I think we fight for a spot, but I like Ev's positive thinking.

2322017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:33 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, we're all making the assumption right now that Dorion isn't going to do anything major before the start of the season. Maybe he does still have a move or two up his sleeve.

2332017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Also, we're all making the assumption right now that Dorion isn't going to do anything major before the start of the season.  Maybe he does still have a move or two up his sleeve.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

The only thing I can see happen is a Smith, Brown + Englund for Landeskog/Duchene trade but I don't think the money will make sense nor will it meet Sakic's demands.

2342017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:54 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Also, we're all making the assumption right now that Dorion isn't going to do anything major before the start of the season.  Maybe he does still have a move or two up his sleeve.

The only thing I can see happen is a Smith, Brown + Englund for Landeskog/Duchene trade but I don't think the money will make sense nor will it meet Sakic's demands.  

Maybe Eugene will get loaded one night and give Dorion the green light to max out the cap!

2352017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:56 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Maybe Eugene will get loaded one night and give Dorion the green light to max out the cap!

As long as he negotiates some kidneys in the deal he should be fine

2362017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Eugene is selling the team in a few years anyway

also I expect Turris to be traded. I wouldn't re-sign him to what he will get.

2372017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:29 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Eugene is selling the team in a few years anyway

also I expect Turris to be traded. I wouldn't re-sign him to what he will get.

You think? He will have endless revenue streams if/when Lebreton gets built. Unless he turns around and sells the team/development for its appraised future value. Which is probably the best move for Eugene and the city...

2382017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:31 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

As for Turris I think they keep him but let Brassard go. Turris will probably get $5.5M which is a number I think management can live with.

2392017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As for Turris I think they keep him but let Brassard go. Turris will probably get $5.5M which is a number I think management can live with.

he'd get more than that IMO. Marc Methot, a pure defensive player, made almost 5$ million himself. Turris will cost 6+, minimum.

Brassard will be cheaper and IMO is better anyway

2402017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

UNreal quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/6l90x1/flames_d_prospect_josh_healey_on_his_love_of/

2412017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:36 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No way is Brassard better than Turris. Nope.

2422017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Florida aside, who knows what it will cost to keep Turris, Stone and Karlsson. I guess I am surprised the Sens are not trying to load up for this year and next year while those guys are still on our roster under good contracts. I am against mortgaging our future for a run but am surprised that Ottawa is adding 'depth' pieces over a significant piece, and addressing our depth by letting some of our younger players push for a roster spot.
So who are these players we should be getting without mortgaging the future?

2432017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah the summer is still young. But I'm in between both camps. I'm not sure we are in a great position to complete. I think Toronto got much better, buffalo is better but not above us, Florida lost some pieces and look like a team looking to make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, the jury is out on Montréal but as it stands it will be tough for them to beat us. Tampa looks to be better and likely make the playoffs. I think we could be anywhere in the standings between 1 and 8 with how we look today. Depending on how current players perform

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum