GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot plays the left.
He'll have less difficulty finding a spot.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Chabot plays the left.

I hear what you're saying, but we could lose either Methot or Wiseman in the draft, and Ceci in the trade for Lando. Things could change. But for now he has Methot, Phaneuf, Boro, Claesson and Englund ahead of him. Rumble, as well.

Until we see him in camp competing against the others and playing in real games against real NHLers we don't know. It's not like they are all coming out of the CHL and he's clearly ahead.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Chabot plays the left.

I hear what you're saying,  but we could lose either Methot or Wiseman in the draft,  and Ceci in the trade for Lando. Things could change. But for now he has Methot,  Phaneuf,  Boro,  Claesson  and Englund ahead of him. Rumble,  as well.

Until we see him in camp competing against the others and playing in real games against real NHLers we don't know.  It's not like they are all coming out of the CHL and he's clearly ahead.

I have my doubts wether we will make a trade for duschene(or Lando as you suggest) but I would imagine Phaneuf would move right if we lost Ceci and that would create a spot and some opening as we'd either lose wideman or a forward. Personally I'd rather not rush chabot into a top 4 role.
And as you say, if there's a trade maybe one of those D prospects gets included. I have my doubts on whether o want Lando or not. I'd prefer duschene, even with the end of the season he's had I think he winds up being a better offensive weapon than Lando. There's been quite he talk that Lando is downtrending. It's buyers beware. Of course that's in Colorado, which isn't the best place to judge anyone.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Listening to the Boucher presser this morning. He's so good with the media. Better than any other coach we've had in recent memory. I wonder what that will bring in the playoffs. Certainly hope he tries to play some head games with passing messages to the other team via the media.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see anybody beating the sens in the first two rounds. We are too deep and play the right way

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I don't see anybody beating the sens in the first two rounds. We are too deep and play the right way

As long as Bobby sits? Seems we can't win with him in the lineup.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I don't see anybody beating the sens in the first two rounds. We are too deep and play the right way
If we keep playing the right way and if we manage to score. Our PP isn't exactly amazing

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan with a nice goal and an almost goal that was quite nice also

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Leafs very likely, and just about the softest opponent one could hope for in the first round. Winner of game 1 takes the series, quickly.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

As long as Bobby sits?  Seems we can't win with him in the lineup.

Of course he's a hindrance. He can't keep up and hebjust doesn't get it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah he can't keep up, guess he hasn't been creating chances every game for the last month, please people get a new whipping boy.

We will win with him in the lineup like we have most of the year

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Trap vs high flying offense.  Gonna be interesting

Edit: thought we were playing Toronto.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We

Don't

Play

A

Trap.

Don't know why everybody thinks this

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:We

Don't

Play

A

Trap.

Don't know why everybody thinks this

Because the media keeps repeating it and fans are not observant enough to see otherwise?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

People just equate a tight defensive system with the trap. Should we start a new thread for the series vs Boston?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Playoffs are a whole new season. I see Ryan, Big Mac, Brassard and Burrows being the big game players they need to be right out of the gate.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Trap vs high flying offense.  Gonna be interesting

Edit: thought we were playing Toronto.

Maybe "Trap vs low-flying slew-foots or submarine hits".

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

Playoffs are a whole new season.  I see Ryan, Big Mac, Brassard and Burrows being the big game players they need to be right out of the gate.

I'm liking Stalberg's game as well, looking forward to what he can bring to the playoffs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum