GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reviving the rumours & rants

+4
tim1_2
wprager
SensHulk
kyle turris
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:39 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

kyle turris wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Perhaps lack intensity as well?  Sarcasm

Hammond for Purcell is even money.  Maybe the Sens wait to see if he clears and then offers that.
The difference is that Hammond might actually come in handy at one point this season.

I'm pretty sure there are much better candidates than a guy with barely any points from a team standing in mid ranking who's wing depth is already questionable. I think the Purcell ship has sunk.
Sounds like he really didnt fit with the system in la.

32Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:16 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hammond for Purcell actually makes some sense when you consider that Peter Budaj is starting games for the Kings...but yeah, we may actually need the Hamburglar at some point. And we can get Purcell for free....

33Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:26 pm

kyle turris

Prospect
Prospect

tim1_2 wrote:Hammond for Purcell actually makes some sense when you consider that Peter Budaj is starting games for the Kings...but yeah, we may actually need the Hamburglar at some point. And we can get Purcell for free....

When it comes down to it I prefer having Hammond in nets than any of our two guys in Bingo. And Anderson is pretty much gonna be in and out of the line-up this year.
But unless Anderson or condon get injured, Hammond is likely nothing more than a bench warmer at this point.

34Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:39 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

kyle turris wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:So Dorion was on the radio and he said that Christian Jaros has a chance to make the club next season.  He plays on the right side.  Maybe they prolong it by another year, but everything to me points to Ceci either being exposed in the expansion draft or traded.

I highly Doubt that. If anything Jaros would be starting as a third pairing guy. I don't think there's a chance ceci gets moved unless he actually gets pushed by someone already playing on the roster.

Did you miss the game where Ceci got moved to the 3rd pairing and Wideman and Phaneuf played well together? He's already getting pushed and with Jaros/Englund/Chabot chomping at the bit in the next season, + phaneuf's ability to play the right side, there's a whole lot of flexibility to move the cecer.

35Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not sure if this has been discussed but wouldn't Spooner ($950K, RFA, Ottawa native, LH shot) or Purcell ($1.8M, UFA, RH shot) make sense for that depth, versatile forward Dorion is looking for?

In an ideal world, Colin White fits into the top-six but if Ryan gets picked up by Vegas, Ottawa would likely go after a top-six forward.

36Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spooner might be of interest, but you have to wonder what they're asking for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum