GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reviving the rumours & rants

+4
tim1_2
wprager
SensHulk
kyle turris
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:35 am

kyle turris

Prospect
Prospect

Hoff-Machine wrote:So Dorion was on the radio and he said that Christian Jaros has a chance to make the club next season.  He plays on the right side.  Maybe they prolong it by another year, but everything to me points to Ceci either being exposed in the expansion draft or traded.

I highly Doubt that. If anything Jaros would be starting as a third pairing guy. I don't think there's a chance ceci gets moved unless he actually gets pushed by someone already playing on the roster.

Last edited by kyle turris on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

I read that as soon as Vegas makes its final expansion payment in March, they can start making trades. Obviously, all they could move would be picks or future considerations.

18Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:08 pm

kyle turris

Prospect
Prospect

spader wrote:I read that as soon as Vegas makes its final expansion payment in March, they can start making trades. Obviously, all they could move would be picks or future considerations.
which they might. its expected that out of the 30 players they will acquire(more D then they need), they will use some of those players to trade to other teams for draft picks. maybe some teams even pay them draft picks to avoid certain players. if they would be smart i would forgo trying to ice a competitive team this year and the next and acquire as many high picks that could be packaged for 1st rounders in the drafts after this one. suck for a few years and then build a winner. it's not like the city will give up on the team. we look at most of the recent stanley cup champions it's what's been done. Pitts, Chicago, LA...

19Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Teddy Purcell.  Right hand shot but plays left wing. $1.6M and played for Boucher in Tampa. Kings waived him so shouldn't cost more than a phone call.

20Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

kyle turris wrote:
spader wrote:I read that as soon as Vegas makes its final expansion payment in March, they can start making trades. Obviously, all they could move would be picks or future considerations.
which they might. its expected that out of the 30 players they will acquire(more D then they need), they will use some of those players to trade to other teams for draft picks. maybe some teams even pay them draft picks to avoid certain players. if they would be smart i would forgo trying to ice a competitive team this year and the next and acquire as many high picks that could be packaged for 1st rounders in the drafts after this one. suck for a few years and then build a winner. it's not like the city will give up on the team. we look at most of the recent stanley cup champions it's what's been done. Pitts, Chicago, LA...

Aren't they not allowed to trade the players that they draft for a year or something like that?

21Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Teddy Purcell.  Right hand shot but plays left wing. $1.6M and played for Boucher in Tampa. Kings waived him so shouldn't cost more than a phone call.

I'd take a flyer on him.

22Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:47 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

spader wrote:
kyle turris wrote:

Aren't they not allowed to trade the players that they draft for a year or something like that?

i think that rules applies only to trade them back to the team that he was drafted from. to my understanding they are allowed to re-trade such players to any other teams. (otherwise it wouldnt make sense. you'd have NHL ready players forced to play in the A because of the 23 player limit)

23Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:50 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Teddy Purcell.  Right hand shot but plays left wing. $1.6M and played for Boucher in Tampa. Kings waived him so shouldn't cost more than a phone call.

I'd take a flyer on him.

i don't know if he's worth it. plays soft. 0 goals in 12 games this season. might have played well under boucher but that's a long time ago. it's not like boucher ran to sign Conacher this summer either. besides, IMO they need someone that can provide a bit more of an impact. of course that doesn't seem to be the logic these days according to Dorion (and i understand how hard it is getting an impact top 6 player)

24Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The simple fact that they didn't claim him for nothing means they want something in return, like swap contacts, but I can't think of any on that range they would want to move. Or they don't want to lose their waiver wire order because they are expecting someone else.

Or they simply have no interest in Purcell.

25Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:34 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:The simple fact that they didn't claim him for nothing means they want something in return, like swap contacts, but I can't think of any on that range they would want to move. Or they don't want to lose their waiver wire order because they are expecting someone else.

Or they simply have no interest in Purcell

the likely explanation.

26Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:45 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, Dorion's been after a "depth winger". Purcell fits the bill. I have no idea how he's played the past year or two.

27Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Well, Dorion's been after a "depth winger". Purcell fits the bill. I have no idea how he's played the past year or two.

He's been a steady 30-40 point guy for a few years now. I'll take this kind of depth over our usual brand of depth.

28Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wanted Purcell at the beginning of the year, but from what I understand he's a horrific 5 on 5 player.

29Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps lack intensity as well? Sarcasm

Hammond for Purcell is even money. Maybe the Sens wait to see if he clears and then offers that.

30Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:28 am

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:Perhaps lack intensity as well?  Sarcasm

Hammond for Purcell is even money.  Maybe the Sens wait to see if he clears and then offers that.
The difference is that Hammond might actually come in handy at one point this season.

I'm pretty sure there are much better candidates than a guy with barely any points from a team standing in mid ranking who's wing depth is already questionable. I think the Purcell ship has sunk.

31Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

kyle turris wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Perhaps lack intensity as well?  Sarcasm

Hammond for Purcell is even money.  Maybe the Sens wait to see if he clears and then offers that.
The difference is that Hammond might actually come in handy at one point this season.

I'm pretty sure there are much better candidates than a guy with barely any points from a team standing in mid ranking who's wing depth is already questionable. I think the Purcell ship has sunk.
Sounds like he really didnt fit with the system in la.

32Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hammond for Purcell actually makes some sense when you consider that Peter Budaj is starting games for the Kings...but yeah, we may actually need the Hamburglar at some point. And we can get Purcell for free....

33Reviving the rumours & rants - Page 2 Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:26 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

tim1_2 wrote:Hammond for Purcell actually makes some sense when you consider that Peter Budaj is starting games for the Kings...but yeah, we may actually need the Hamburglar at some point. And we can get Purcell for free....

When it comes down to it I prefer having Hammond in nets than any of our two guys in Bingo. And Anderson is pretty much gonna be in and out of the line-up this year.
But unless Anderson or condon get injured, Hammond is likely nothing more than a bench warmer at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum