GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Season Rumours

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
spader
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 50]

211Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 9:51 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

If Murray was still GM he'd be all over Gudbranson.

He's big AND from Ottawa? Probably would trade Chabot and picks for him.

212Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-jim-benning-is-far-from-done-in-terms-of-shopping/

Dreger says the Canucks are far from done and will be looking at 'renovating' their roster as opposed to a complete rebuild. That said, there are pieces GMs will be looking at on the roster.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/vancouver-canucks

Burrows looks done to me, but might someone take a chance on him if they retain half?

Higgins looks done as well.

I would imagine they'll keep most other pieces. As mentioned on here before, the Sens would do well to look into Hansen.

Miller will probably be traded too.

In the end...nothing much to get out of the Canucks roster. It's pretty ugly.

213Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another piece to consider for our 3rd line, Jannik Hansen.

214Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 11:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great site with links only to the people who know what they're talking about.

Here's another one:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-wonders-about-tarasenkos-future-blues/

And instead of a knee-jerk thread about when Tarasenko will be traded, Friedman wonders if he's part of the future and if the Blues are truly 'unhappy' with his performance, is it a matter of time before he's traded.

Also on that site, there are rumblings of an early trade between Chicago and Edmonton where Edmonton would take on Bickell in exchange for Kruger, and claims they also have interest in Shaw. Chiarelli and Bowman are co-GMs (or something) for Team Canada, so they've likely been hammering this out for a while.

215Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 11:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-weighs-in-on-potential-benn-contract-extension/
Here's an interesting take on the contract extension for Benn, saying it'll be around 9 million - or 500K one way or the other, and the questions that arise about why Kopitar would cost more than a Hart Trophy nominee.

The answer:

Kopitar has won 2 Cups and Benn has won absolutely nothing, basically the same thing with Kane and Toews, although he didn't mention it.  It's gonna start a premium for elite level Cup winners, where perhaps that wasn't necessarily there before.  Or rather, it'll cost less to re-sign elite level players that haven't won a Cup.  As it should be too.  Winning a Cup is hard and what it's all about.

216Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Great site with links only to the people who know what they're talking about.

Here's another one:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-wonders-about-tarasenkos-future-blues/

And instead of a knee-jerk thread about when Tarasenko will be traded, Friedman wonders if he's part of the future and if the Blues are truly 'unhappy' with his performance, is it a matter of time before he's traded.

Also on that site, there are rumblings of an early trade between Chicago and Edmonton where Edmonton would take on Bickell in exchange for Kruger, and claims they also have interest in Shaw.  Chiarelli and Bowman are co-GMs (or something) for Team Canada, so they've likely been hammering this out for a while.

SpezDispensed wrote:http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-weighs-in-on-potential-benn-contract-extension/
Here's an interesting take on the contract extension for Benn, saying it'll be around 9 million - or 500K one way or the other, and the questions that arise about why Kopitar would cost more than a Hart Trophy nominee.

The answer:

Kopitar has won 2 Cups and Benn has won absolutely nothing, basically the same thing with Kane and Toews, although he didn't mention it.  It's gonna start a premium for elite level Cup winners, where perhaps that wasn't necessarily there before.  Or rather, it'll cost less to re-sign elite level players that haven't won a Cup.  As it should be too.  Winning a Cup is hard and what it's all about.

Anything Sens-related? Like a Jannik Hansen to Sens, for example?

217Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 12:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here ya go:
http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-mike-hoffman-detroit-red-wings/2016/05/20/

218Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/ottawa-senators/pierre-dorion-has-plenty-of-work-to-do-with-senators/

Eriksson, Staal, Ladd and Backes are mentioned quickly, but nothing else.

219Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And after reading that article, well, let's just say the article name is a little misleading.

220Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 12:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:http://www.todaysslapshot.com/ottawa-senators/pierre-dorion-has-plenty-of-work-to-do-with-senators/

Eriksson, Staal, Ladd and Backes are mentioned quickly, but nothing else.

Let's get all 4!!!!!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

221Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 12:18 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:Eklund says E Staal to Ottawa. He has it listed as a (mostly worthless) E4.

I could be convinced that he'd be a decent player on a 2nd liner's salary, but anything over about $4-4.5M and I'm going to be real unhappy.

Of course, this is Eklund, so it's almost certain that he made it up while sitting on the crapper.
Dude. Facepalm

If he days It then you know It Will never happen.

I feel like I addressed that with my "crapper" comment. Shrug I'm just starving for rumours. Even if they're made up.

222Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me too.

223Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 1:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-boston-bruins-loui-eriksson-krug-shattenkirk-yandle/2016/05/26/

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but Sweeney doesn't sound very confident of re-signing Eriksson:

“I have a pretty good idea where they would like to be at, and we’ll see whether or not we can find common ground there, but we have been having ongoing discussions on that front. As I’ve always said, I really respect Loui as a player. He had a fabulous year and (we) would love to be able to retain him.”

Article also mentions that the agent for Kevan Miller (recently signed to an unexpected 4 year deal) is also the agent for Jimmy Vesey, and that the Miller signing will help them land Vesey.

Personally, I think the agent would care but Vesey doesn't give a rat's tail about Miller.

224Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 2:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think I recall reading he wanted 6.5 x 5 years, a long, expensive contract and the Bruins weren't into that one bit. If that's the case, that probably puts us out of it as well.

225Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I think I recall reading he wanted 6.5 x 5 years, a long, expensive contract and the Bruins weren't into that one bit.  If that's the case, that probably puts us out of it as well.

We have no room for a $6M+ player, and I don't mean the internal budget. We have Turris/Zibanejad/Pageau/Lazar/Smith/White down the middle, so there is no room for a center at all. On the left side we have Hoffman/MacArthurz/Smith/Puempel/Dzingle. On the right we have Stone/Ryan/Neil.

While there is room on the right (even thought there's certainly a chance that Chiasson returns) it's certainly not room for "Steve Austin" (for you kids, "Steve Austin" is the original $6M man).

A trade with someone else going the other way would be needed before we bring anyone else in.

226Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 2:24 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Again proving that hockey insiders re actually pretty useless...

Gudbranson and a late pick to Vancouver for Jared McCann and a couple mid round picks.

McCann and a 2nd 4rth. Don't love this for Vancouver. ..

FYP. love It now?

Sens like Gubranson wasnt planning out in Florida. Might as well get some value. Van probably just trying to get a younger D going.

I read that a second went back as well. Do you see something saying different?

Chris Johnston ✔ ‎@reporterchris
So it's McCann, a 2016 2nd and 2016 4th to #FlaPanthers for Gudbranson and 2016 5th. No salary retained.

227Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 3:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think I recall reading he wanted 6.5 x 5 years, a long, expensive contract and the Bruins weren't into that one bit.  If that's the case, that probably puts us out of it as well.

We have no room for a $6M+ player, and I don't mean the internal budget.  We have Turris/Zibanejad/Pageau/Lazar/Smith/White down the middle, so there is no room for a center at all.  On the left side we have Hoffman/MacArthurz/Smith/Puempel/Dzingle.  On the right we have Stone/Ryan/Neil.

While there is room on the right (even thought there's certainly a chance that Chiasson returns) it's certainly not room for "Steve Austin" (for you kids, "Steve Austin" is the original $6M man).  

A trade with someone else going the other way would be needed before we bring anyone else in.  

I'd personally rather pay him 7 million for 3 years than 6.5 X 5, but I doubt he says yes to that. It's tricky, I'd have to look at when Karlsson, Stone etc. are coming up and have to see what they'll do with Hoffman. You need a spreadsheet for this kind of long term contract for sure.

I still think Ottawa MUST make a move for an elite level forward. It's really quite serious right now, we need one more gun to even things out. Eriksson would be amazing...

228Off Season Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu May 26, 2016 3:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully "Off Season Rumours" will lead to off season trades for the Ottawa Senators.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum