GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

+3
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 17]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did not expect the Rangers and kings to be beaten, let alone beaten soundly

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pittsburgh is one of the hottest teams in the NHL. They were the favourite going into the series.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Did not expect the Rangers and kings to be beaten,  let alone beaten soundly

To be perfectly honest, I've been wondering for a couple years how much longer Lundqvist could continue at elite level. When they signed him to that last contract I thought it was at least 2 years (more likely 3) too long. He is no-longer the kind of goalie that can overcome a porous defense, which is what they had. Injuries did not help. McDonagh came back in G3 but we'll probably find out soon he was playing with a broken wrist or some-such. The Rangers will get worse before they get better, I think.

As for the Kings, they could have benefited from having a *real* Norris Finalist playing in their lineup. Read some excuses somewhere how Doughty was "asked to do too much"? What kind of bs is that? He was playing on a very good team and had a better regular season this year than he had the year before. All of a sudden that's reason to give him a Norris in March???! Maybe he read all those clippings and let it go to his head or, more likely, maybe Burns read all those clippings and let it go to his heart.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be fair, San Jose has pretty much the most dangerous set of forwards in the universe.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:To be fair, San Jose has pretty much the most dangerous set of forwards in the universe.

Forget about fair. How did they do this year against King Karl? Sens were 2-0 (one regulation, on SO), Karlsson with a goal and an assist.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like I'm coming out of round 1 with a slight lead. Spader in 2nd. 3rd is either Flo or Michallica.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Since it is now possible to do strategic picking (although it's only the last round that it really matters), do we need a non-participating member to collect the picks for the next round?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Since it is now possible to do strategic picking (although it's only the last round that it really matters), do we need a non-participating member to collect the picks for the next round?

Nah.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I find your lack of mistrust ... encouraging.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wow no one picked the isles? I guess all of us were thinking Greiss wouldn't cut it....

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Since it is now possible to do strategic picking (although it's only the last round that it really matters), do we need a non-participating member to collect the picks for the next round?

Nah.

Agreed. I don't think anyone is worried that you seeing their picks will influence you at all. You're too stubborn for that, anyway. Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:wow no one picked the isles?  I guess all of us were thinking Greiss wouldn't cut it....

Personally I thought Florida was too strong for the isles.  Double ot or not, not the greatest end to the year for FLA

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought Lalalongo would stand on his head and steal the series. Nope.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought they would go to 7 because they both had their strengths and weaknesses. I always though Greiss was a great back up from his days in California but when you have Lou on the other side the scales are tipped. Then again, Florida to me is a little greener than the isles and the isles might have been hungrier than Florida for some playoff success. In the end I picked the team that too me seemed to suffer less from injuries. I was wrong... Again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, interestingly, Islanders @ Bolts, game 1, goes at 7:00 PM, while Preds @ Ducks game 7 starts 3 hours later. So picks for the NYI vs. TBL series have to be in early.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No playoff games today except for the CHL and NBA.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So, interestingly, Islanders @ Bolts, game 1, goes at 7:00 PM, while Preds @ Ducks game 7 starts 3 hours later.   So picks for the NYI vs. TBL series have to be in early.

I will be there personally! First game 7 for me. Go Preds! Cheering

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So you live in The OC (yes, I know they don't call it the OC) and you will go to the game just so you can root against the Ducks? Still bitter about 2007, are we?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum