GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

+3
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:We're all looking poor, which should be impossible. ..

Yeah, true. Pretty remarkable really. I guess we'll be on relatively even footing come the 2nd round.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We're all looking poor, which should be impossible. ..

Yeah, true.  Pretty remarkable really.  I guess we'll be on relatively even footing come the 2nd round.

...and then we'll get it all wrong again... Ahhhhh!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I dunno, I'm doing ok. Of my picks looks like Washington, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Dallas, St. Louis and San Jose are doing fine. Still haven't given up on Florida or Anaheim.

Although I read somewhere that Jagr hasn't scored in his last *34* playoff games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, really? That bodes VERY badly for the Islanders.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Wow, really?  That bodes VERY badly for the Islanders.

Why, you think a 42-year-old is due?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Wow, really?  That bodes VERY badly for the Islanders.

Why, you think a 42-year-old is due?

Diddle yeah. The guy is a beast. From the snippets I've watched, he and Barkov dominate every single shift. I'd be nervous if I were the Isles and if they advance and I was the next team they faced, I'd downright crap by hockey pants.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I've got the playoff brackets spreadsheet done.  Can't upload from work.  I'll post the summary screen cap when I get home so every one can verify their  picks.
Still waiting......

Sarcasm

Just got home from the gym.  Starving, so had to warm something up.

Here:

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 3 Captur11

You didn't include Ev's shame in the Washington series.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure what you mean by me not including "Ev's shame". Are you suggesting I should have shaded that particular cell to highlight (lowlight?) it?

Also, he'll lose 2 points on that one. Nobody picked a sweep. If Flyers miraculously win then a few of us would get one more point out of this. Honestly, since points double every round nobody is out of it until the end. Certainly not from picking *one* series wrong.

With all that said:

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 3 Lena-headey-body-double

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You didn't include the Philly series at all.

That's quite the scene from GoT. Can't wait till the new season starts this weekend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:You didn't include the Philly series at all.

That's quite the scene from GoT. Can't wait till the new season starts this weekend.

I think I'll wait until it's 5/6 weeks in and upgrade my Digital Plus to include HBO (I was told it's only $12.xx per month more). Then I'll watch two episodes per week and catch up by the end.

Did this last year, timed it perfectly for both GoT and True Detective. But TD turned out to be awful.

Actually I just realized that on-demand is not working for me (they've had a problem since November, apparently, so no fix is imminent as far as I know) so maybe I'll have to get HBO right now (especially since they are crediting me $20 because I've got no OD or Shomi).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

BTW, they used a body double, in case you didn't already know that.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Not sure what you mean by me not including "Ev's shame".  Are you suggesting I should have shaded that particular cell to highlight (lowlight?) it?

Also, he'll lose 2 points on that one.  Nobody picked a sweep.  If Flyers miraculously win then a few of us would get one more point out of this.  Honestly, since points double every round nobody is out of it until the end.  Certainly not from picking *one* series wrong.

With all that said:

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 3 Lena-headey-body-double

Ev picked Philly to win, which I described as his shame. You didn't include that series in the screen cap, so I suggested that you disincluded his shame.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't? Unfortunately I can't see the image here (the image-hosting site is blocked at work). It's the very first line of the 8 series. Unless it scrolled out of the way (I freeze the top 8 rows and column A).

OK, now I understand. I'll post it later tonight.

If I remember.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amazingly, no-one picked Tampa in 5. So I don't lose any points picking 7 (really thought they'd struggle a bit more, but Drouin has been quite adequate).

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 3 Captur12

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've entered the results for the series that are completed, and the team name only for the remaining series where one team is leading. These will change, of course, but it should be close to the standings after round 1:

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 3 Captur13

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did not expect the Rangers and kings to be beaten, let alone beaten soundly

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pittsburgh is one of the hottest teams in the NHL. They were the favourite going into the series.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Did not expect the Rangers and kings to be beaten,  let alone beaten soundly

To be perfectly honest, I've been wondering for a couple years how much longer Lundqvist could continue at elite level. When they signed him to that last contract I thought it was at least 2 years (more likely 3) too long. He is no-longer the kind of goalie that can overcome a porous defense, which is what they had. Injuries did not help. McDonagh came back in G3 but we'll probably find out soon he was playing with a broken wrist or some-such. The Rangers will get worse before they get better, I think.

As for the Kings, they could have benefited from having a *real* Norris Finalist playing in their lineup. Read some excuses somewhere how Doughty was "asked to do too much"? What kind of bs is that? He was playing on a very good team and had a better regular season this year than he had the year before. All of a sudden that's reason to give him a Norris in March???! Maybe he read all those clippings and let it go to his head or, more likely, maybe Burns read all those clippings and let it go to his heart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum