GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

+3
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 17]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

No playoff games today except for the CHL and NBA.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So, interestingly, Islanders @ Bolts, game 1, goes at 7:00 PM, while Preds @ Ducks game 7 starts 3 hours later.   So picks for the NYI vs. TBL series have to be in early.

I will be there personally! First game 7 for me. Go Preds! Cheering

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So you live in The OC (yes, I know they don't call it the OC) and you will go to the game just so you can root against the Ducks? Still bitter about 2007, are we?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So you live in The OC (yes, I know they don't call it the OC) and you will go to the game just so you can root against the Ducks?  Still bitter about 2007, are we?

You know me so well. I don't hate the ducks but can't get myself to cheer for them. Also I picked Nashville in the pool.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok here are my picks.
Tampa in 6
Blues in 7
Washington in 6
And I will hold off on the last pick until we know who is playing the Sharks.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Tampa in 5
Washington in 6
Blues in 6

I too will wait to see who the Sharks are playing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not up on the new playoff format. But in the second round it goes strictly by regular season standings? So if Nashville wins they open on the road against Dallas, and Sharks on the road against the Blues? Is that right? And if Anaheim wins, then Sharks open on the road against Dallas and Anaheim on the road against the Blues?

So you are both confident that St. Louis will roll over whoever they play?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, sorry, I guess 6 games and, especially, 7 games, isn't exactly rolling over someone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll go with Caps in 5 and Isles in 6. I'll decide on the Western series after tomorrow night.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'm not up on the new playoff format.  But in the second round it goes strictly by regular season standings?  So if Nashville wins they open on the road against Dallas, and Sharks on the road against the Blues?  Is that right?  And if Anaheim wins, then Sharks open on the road against Dallas and Anaheim on the road against the Blues?

I think you are completely off there buddy.

https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Washington in 7.
Tampa in 5.
Blues in 6.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeaaaah everyone has the same picks more or less....I wanna say tampa will win but I think I'm going to go against the grain if I wanna win this thing.

NYI in 6
WSH in 7
STL in 7

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Yeaaaah everyone has the same picks more or less....I wanna say tampa will win but I think I'm going to go against the grain if I wanna win this thing.

NYI in 6
WSH in 7
STL in 7
Personally I'd rather see the isles win but I think they have the bishop advantage and strallman is supposed to draw back in soon.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pens 5

Stl 4

NYI 6

ANA 6

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Pens 5

Stl 4

NYI 6

ANA 6

Bold move.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I'm not up on the new playoff format.  But in the second round it goes strictly by regular season standings?  So if Nashville wins they open on the road against Dallas, and Sharks on the road against the Blues?  Is that right?  And if Anaheim wins, then Sharks open on the road against Dallas and Anaheim on the road against the Blues?

I think you are completely off there buddy.

https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs

Oh, that kinda sucks. Dallas and St. Louis finished 1-2 in the West and one of them is gone in the quarter-finals?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, ok, I'm remembering it now. They wanted to push the divisional match-ups, except the Division winners get to pay the wildcard teams (which could very well be from the other Division). Caps/Pens is the same 1/2 match up in the East. Two of the top-four teams will not make it past the second round.

So at this point we don't even know if San Jose will open on the road (against Anaheim, who were #1 in the Pacific) or at home (against the wild card Preds).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, in that case I'll add DAL in 6 to my list, and I'll still decide on the Sharks later.

Obviously I'll let Ev change his pick if Smashville advances.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum