GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Deadline moves.

Deadline moves.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 40]

301Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:26 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
dennycrane wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:Hmm, Stellick is legit, right?

Gord Stellick
‏@GordStelIick

Hearing Hoffman to St Louis, Shattenkirk to Tampa Drouin to Sens

Not a fan of that personally

What is Hoffman worth? If the Sens are not interested in signing him long-term, they should trade him now.

Part of a package for a big C? A dman?

302Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:26 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Sounds like Staal to the Rangers is almost a done deal. Two picks (2nd rounders) and a prospect coming back.

303Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
BrOdin?

304Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Sounds like Drouin deal -- whatever it turns out to be -- is getting really close.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

305Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Regarding that Staal to the Rangers, there would need to either be a significant contract coming back or the Canes will need to retain quite a bit of salary -- Rangers only have $4.71M in cap space (adjusting for games remaining); Staal is making $8.25M (AAV).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

306Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoffman for BrOdin might make some sense, then Chabot for Drouin? ?

307Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah. Pagotta reporting drouin deal today. Must be real close if the fourth period is in on it. Ahhhhh! Sarcasm

308Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Hoffman for BrOdin might make some sense, then Chabot for Drouin? ?
Spezz let it go. We are not bringing in another D-man. We are set back there if anything it's wier out for whatever.

309Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:47 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Chabot would only be a component of any Drouin deal. Look up the thread on Turris from this site a few years ago. Universally, we thought the Sens overpaid. True value is not that relevant - if you have multiple bidders, as Tampa apparently does with Drouin, they will get more than what we likely think he is worth.

310Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:49 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Staal's return is 2 2nds and Aleksi Saarela (2015 3rd rounder)

EDIT: Canes retain 50% salary on Staal



Last edited by spader on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

311Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Two 2nd rounders and prospect Saarela for Staal, plus Canes retain 50% of salary.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

312Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Two 2nd rounders and prospect Saarela for Staal, plus Canes retain 50% of salary.

Thanks. It's a good thing you're here to read my posts and post them again. Gotta keep that post count climbing!

313Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:56 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
dennycrane wrote:Chabot would only be a component of any Drouin deal. Look up the thread on Turris from this site a few years ago. Universally, we thought the Sens overpaid. True value is not that relevant - if you have multiple bidders, as Tampa apparently does with Drouin, they will get more than what we likely think he is worth.

Not so sure about that. I'm confident that I liked the trade from the get go. I remember posting about it instead of doing my homework that day in the university library.

314Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Worth a read: http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl/tsns-james-duthie-and-nhl-trade-deadline-day-or-how-he-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bomb

James Duthie remembers the point at which NHL trade deadline day officially became something of a farce.

315Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Two 2nd rounders and prospect Saarela for Staal, plus Canes retain 50% of salary.

Thanks. It's a good thing you're here to read my posts and post them again. Gotta keep that post count climbing!

First, check back and you'll see that I was posting this earlier, just not details. Second, my post includes the info on the 50% retention that yours is missing. Third, take a look a the timestamps, I was editing when you posted. Fourth, take a look at my post count and weep!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

316Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:01 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
First, check back and you'll see that I was posting this earlier, just not details. Second, my post includes the info on the 50% retention that yours is missing. Third, take a look a the timestamps, I was editing when you posted. Fourth, take a look at my post count and weep!

317Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Two 2nd rounders and prospect Saarela for Staal, plus Canes retain 50% of salary.

Thanks. It's a good thing you're here to read my posts and post them again. Gotta keep that post count climbing!

First, check back and you'll see that I was posting this earlier, just not details.  Second, my post includes the info on the 50% retention that yours is missing.  Third, take a look a the timestamps, I was editing when you posted.  Fourth, take a look at my post count and weep!


GMHockey pre deadline day show featuring Darren Spader and bob macenziprags with you host Duthie the action. Stay tuned for more wacky commentary! Ahhhhh!

318Deadline moves. - Page 21 Empty Re: Deadline moves. on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Hoffman for BrOdin might make some sense, then Chabot for Drouin? ?
Spezz let it go. We are not bringing in another D-man. We are set back there if anything it's wier out for whatever.

I dunno, a great D allows you a lot of options. Plus, you'd acquire Drouin in this scenario

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum