GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

+7
Ev
PTFlea
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Oh Diddle yes. The analytic wannabe blogging community is Cussing annoying in Ottawa. Each giving each other felatio for coming up with the right set of numbers to prove the sens are doing it all wrong.... It's a Cussing Dung mountain and yost was the king of the hill.

Who are you even talking about?  @IneffectiveMath is one of the best but he's such a math nerd and posts so many graphs/charts that I gave up.  Yost was never an analytics guy until he figured out he could Dung enough to get a job at TSN (still shaking my head on that one).  I don't consider him to be one of the analytics crowd, and he's definitely not part of "Ottawa" anything.

There is a @MannyElk that I used to follow because he was generally funny but then a couple days ago he started tweeting how Bobby Ryan is a racist.  I don't think he was joking, either, but regardless, that's not funny, so I unfollowed him.
6th sens and all the other suckers that suck his wand everytime he mentions stats. some on silver sens also
i spend very little time on twitter. the stuff i see is what is posted and responded to on the blogs.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The # of times you hooligans have got off track in this topic is infuriating. Ev Wing Dang Doodle about Twitter all the time. Let that be his problem.

Go Sens go!  
Laughing3

for once that people are on here posting!

sssshhhhhhh everyone! the show is about to start!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How was dion?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:How was dion?
So so. But you cant expert Much from a first game.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

So frustrating to watch those power plays.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zibanejad is awful.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Zibanejad really needs to improve for this team to get better.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Zibanejad is awful.
A little dramatic, don't you think.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've always been a fan. He has shown little progression and doesn't have the drive anymore

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I've always been a  fan. He has shown little progression and doesn't have the drive anymore

I think you and me have been his biggest supporter and it's funny I'm also starting to feel the same way.

The fact he got a "coaching" from Karlsson in that commercial break is reinforcing my suspission that he's not listening to the coaching staff.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not very impressive. But the wings played well and the sens looked like they were trying to avoid making mistakes and we know how that usually goes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He wins a faceoff but breaks his stick. Gets another one and that one breaks, too. Not his fault but it was that kind of game. Doesn't help when he *looks* nonchalant.

But he wasn't good.

Redwings should have had a dozen penalties or more. Reffing was awful. Especially on the PK. Should have been a few more 5 on 3s.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dion wasn't as intense as I thought he'd be. Don't understand why they didn't have him on the point on the PP all the time. When he finally got a chance he injured De Kyser.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman should have the other point spot on PP#1 with EK, no question.

Dion was alright. I came here to say ZBad was terrible and then have to argue with Ev, but I see we're on the same page. He was Cussing brutal. Dunno why Cameron kept him on the PP.

An outstanding effort by Anderson wasted. That said Mrazek is the hottest goalie in the NHL, and Detroit is actually a pretty good team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:I've always been a  fan. He has shown little progression and doesn't have the drive anymore

I think you and me have been his biggest supporter and it's funny I'm also starting to feel the same way.

The fact he got a "coaching" from Karlsson in that commercial break is reinforcing my suspission that he's not listening to the coaching staff.

I think he just doesn't want to play hockey that much

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Maybe he just wants to spin some wax? Anyway, I've often said he looks lazy and disinterested. Glad people are agreeing with me finally. I guess I was right again, as usual.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Maybe he just wants to spin some wax? Anyway, I've often said he looks lazy and disinterested. Glad people are agreeing with me finally. I guess I was right again, as usual.

I never agreed because one of the reasons he was drafted was based on his motor.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Hoffman should have the other point spot on PP#1 with EK, no question.

Dion was alright. I came here to say ZBad was terrible and then have to argue with Ev, but I see we're on the same page. He was Cussing brutal. Dunno why Cameron kept him on the PP.

An outstanding effort by Anderson wasted. That said Mrazek is the hottest goalie in the NHL, and Detroit is actually a pretty good team.

That second goal still burns me. Datsyuk and Ryan are battling and Datsyuk lifts Ryan's stick over his head -- is that not high-sticking? Somehow Ryan is tagged with the delayed penalty and Dion, well, it's not like Cowen or Wiercioch would have done anything different. Although Detroit got 7 penalties I yelled at my TV quite a bit as they got away with a ton of other crap.

Mrazek's internal temperature had nothing to do with getting 2 shots on goal in the first 6 powerplays. Or that goalpost 12 seconds in (if that goes in, it's a different game). Or the fact that the Sens were up 4-0 in shots on goal (plus the goal post and wide shot by Turris) when the Wings' *first* shot goes in.

Anderson had a good game, no doubt about it, but first shot in is a pattern repeated too many times. And, frankly, that goal by Zetterberg was another "perfect shot". Phaneuf shouldn't have let him even get that shot off, for sure, but Zetterberg wasn't getting around him so all Anderson had to do was stand against the post instead of going into the butterfly and opening up the top of the net. The first one was tipped by the D-man, wasn't it? Unfortunate but a butterfly goalie always goes down on the shot so not much he can do but whack his D-man in the nuts for not either blocking it or getting the Diddle out of the way. Too many of those, lately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum