GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #28: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30pm - Tuesday Dec. 8 2015

+6
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GAME DAY #28: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30pm - Tuesday Dec. 8 2015 - Page 2 824034342

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

OK, everyone, this is important. Keep an eye out on something that happens in the game related to the number 5.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prince gets the hook. Borrowicky potentially taking shifts on wing.

more to come

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:OK, everyone, this is important.  Keep an eye out on something that happens in the game related to the number 5.  

What?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, everyone, this is important.  Keep an eye out on something that happens in the game related to the number 5.  

What?

Need this for the next GDT (In the Fifth Game of Christmas ...") A fight or any major penalty would do. Worst case there's always "Five skaters skating", I guess.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm arguing with this toolbag on twitter who think the NHL is challenged for not wanting Semin. His whole argument is his advanced stats...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Prince gets the hook. Borrowicky potentially taking shifts on wing.

more to come

I think I go with Whitey on that one. Turris is not skating but he will play, which means Prince (who was filling in for Turris at center) will go back to 4th line wing. The other possibility, of course, is that Wiercioch comes in and one of Cowen or Boro comes out. In that case Boro on the wing in practice could mean he will be sitting. But I doubt it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ive got my last class at the same time as this game. Tonight. Somehow the playback for the games on hockey streams lags quite a bit when the game is still on. Kind of have to wait till its completed to watch from the start.

Hopefully the beans dont get spilled in the mean time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Beans will be spilt. Messily. Beans. Everywhere.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:i'm arguing with this toolbag on twitter who think the NHL is challenged for not wanting Semin. His whole argument is his advanced stats...

That's pretty sad. The guy is Filatov all over again, advanced stats nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:i'm arguing with this toolbag on twitter who think the NHL is challenged for not wanting Semin. His whole argument is his advanced stats...

That's pretty sad.  The guy is Filatov all over again, advanced stats nothing.

The advance stats in his case are his Corsi numbers which are something like 4th highest on the team. Corsi counts attempted chances, so shots on goal + blocked shots + missed shots. They are not "grading" those chances on anything. I'm not sure exactly who counts these but, technically, you could have a guy ice the puck, missing the net, and it could count as a missed shot, which is a Corsi "for" event.

On one of my son's house league teams the coach would ask someone to count scoring chances. Not every shot on goal is a scoring chance, just as some missed shots or even no-shot situations are. No scientific way to describe it, really, other than perhaps it was a play during which you started to anticipate that something might happen. If we could have a stat for that to replace Corsi, that would be fantastic. But even then, a particular player's Pragi (that's right, I'm naming this new stat after myself) would also be heavily influenced by his linemates, the defense pair on the ice, the zone start and the level of competition.

Semin likely played with dynamic linemates (Galchenyuk) and was put on the ice in offensive-zone situations by Therrien in hopes that it would jump-start his offensive output.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trades?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Trades?
Tomorrow most likely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens, predictably, give up a "first NHL goal". Then Smith ties it up on the PP. Yes, Smith (he's playing in the top six, don't you know). Anyhow, prior to that goal the Panthers PK was 20 for 20. Is it just me, or do the Sens have a pretty good thing going on the PP?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Win win win!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why the hell is Cameron trying to alienate Hoffman? Replaces him on the top line with Borowiecki so he goes and scores the winning goal unassisted. Doesn't even celebrate after the goal, didn't break a smile.

I don't understand.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Why the hell is Cameron trying to alienate Hoffman?  Replaces him on the top line with Borowiecki so he goes and scores the winning goal unassisted.  Doesn't even celebrate after the goal, didn't break a smile.  

I don't understand.  

Smart move by Cameron pushing the buttons of a player who can actually do something about it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle the sens twitter hive mind. Hoffman was Dung for the majority of the game so he got demoted. He responded with a goal. Who Cussing cars that Boro played two shifts with turris and Ryan. Obviously the moves worked. If Hoffman was actually mad at that and didn't understand then I really don't want to sign him longterm. Last year zibby said he was an bunghole and I can see it now for sure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum