GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #27: Senators @ Rangers - 7:00pm - Sunday Dec. 6 2015

+3
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jared Cowen looks kind of like the giants in Game of Thrones.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Kyle D Luffy TUrris

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shame. Anger. Disappointment. We're all feeling it.

Trades. Please.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was unable to watch the game. What was with the bench minor for "abusive language"?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I was unable to watch the game. What was with the bench minor for "abusive language"?

Methot got hit face first into the boards and Karlsson went to his defence, then the bench gave it to the official and got 2 minutes.

2 terrible calls in that game that I can recall. The other was on the first power play against us when right before it was called Karlsson was clearly tripped with no call.

That was a huge difference in the game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I was unable to watch the game. What was with the bench minor for "abusive language"?

Methot got hit face first into the boards and Karlsson went to his defence, then the bench gave it to the official and got 2 minutes.  

2 terrible calls in that game that I can recall.  The other was on the first power play against us when right before it was called Karlsson was clearly tripped with no call.

The NHL really wants the Rags to succeed so the refs need to make sure they help them along. Not really surprising.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

2 terrible calls in that game that I can recall.  The other was on the first power play against us when right before it was called Karlsson was clearly tripped with no call.

The NHL really wants the Rags to succeed so the refs need to make sure they help them along. Not  really surprising.

I had just assumed it was Cory Clouston's ghost.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

I believe the short answer was "Tim Peel".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

The NHL really wants the Rags to succeed so the refs need to make sure they help them along. Not  really surprising.

I think the Sens have a legitimate complaint to bring up to the league against certain refs, Tim Peel being one of them. This is not the first time he has screwed the Sens. First period they played pretty even except for the two calls that went to the Rangers (second one being completely bogus, first one coming right after Kreider tripped up Karlsson). Take away those two and it's a 1-1 game in the third. And it's not much of a stretch to say that if the trip on Karlsson is called not only does it negate the Rangers PP but the Sens own powerplay -- which has been hot of late -- could have the Sens up 1-0 instead. Rangers don't play well when they are behind, so the game very likely was lost right there in the first period.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think I've got my stanza for this 4th game of Christmas (4 1st period PIMs).

The box-score shows the bench minor as "Mike Hoffman Abusive language - bench against Tanner Glass". The guy's not French or black, and he is married. What on Earth could Hoffman have said that's not allowed in today's NHL?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty sure the penalty wasn't against Hoffman. I could be wrong, but I think someone on the bench got it and they sent hoffman to serve it.

I hated both penalties against ottawa, but them's the break sometimes. Sens gotta be better on the PK, and that was all it took. CAn't win every game, still a good effort on back to back days against one of the best teams in the league.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reasons for losing? Refs anti-Sens bias and lack of multiple trades.

You're welcome.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This morning on TGOR they asked Pierre about back-to-back nights and traveling and how the Sens played in Brooklyn the night before, so the traveling was really short. What? I went back and checked, and the Islanders game was a home game (thought I was going to have to retroactively change my GDT). That's a pretty solid brain cramp right there, and Pierre didn't call them out on it.

Anyhow, all good, my GDT was correct.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:This morning on TGOR they asked Pierre about back-to-back nights and traveling and how the Sens played in Brooklyn the night before, so the traveling was really short.  What?  I went back and checked, and the Islanders game was a home game (thought I was going to have to retroactively change my GDT).  That's a pretty solid brain cramp right there, and Pierre didn't call them out on it.

Heard that too. Shook my head at our dumb radio squad. Would be nice if sportsnet started a sports radio station in ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:This morning on TGOR they asked Pierre about back-to-back nights and traveling and how the Sens played in Brooklyn the night before, so the traveling was really short.  What?  I went back and checked, and the Islanders game was a home game (thought I was going to have to retroactively change my GDT).  That's a pretty solid brain cramp right there, and Pierre didn't call them out on it.

Heard that too.  Shook my head at our dumb radio squad.  Would be nice if sportsnet started a sports radio station in ottawa.

You listen to TGOR in the OC?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Heard that too.  Shook my head at our dumb radio squad.  Would be nice if sportsnet started a sports radio station in ottawa.

You listen to TGOR in the OC?  

I listen to most of the tsn1200 podcasts while here. My morning routine, while being stuck in traffic for 45-60 mins is to listen to the pierre mcguire interview first in hour 3 and then skip over to in the box first hour.

Spend so much time in the car, I get sick of music so I listen to the podcasts. Feels like I never left ottawa Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a little disappointed you didn't correct me saying no-one calls it "The OC" (that's an Arrested Development nod).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The first thing I thought was: you can't win them all. So, let's get ready for Tuesday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum