GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #21: Sens @ Stars - 8:30pm - Tuesday Nov. 24 2015

+7
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
Flo The Action
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA.  If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

True.  It saves us from losing him to UFA, but it won't stop teams from offer sheeting I would imagine.  5.5 X 5 is risky for us, but I'd do that.  As long as the little dude's body holds up, he forms a formidable part of the top 6 - and it's not like his defensive game is like Spezza's, he's worked hard to improve it - as showcased last night.  And still, even then, we have Stone and Turris who are exceptional 2 way players, so having Ryan and Hoffman who are borderline guys isn't the end of the world.

His speed is so exciting, his shot is pretty much second to none (especially that wrister), his puck carrying skills are amazing.  Truly a necessary player on this team and I'm really pleased I was wrong about him.

Offer sheets are an urban legend, so I'm not really concerned about that. Yeah, something like 5.5 x 5 sounds nice.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:What a weird, wild game.  Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately.  How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots?  Anyway, another big W.  

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

Was Spezza even playing?  All I remember is his penalty.

Sick pass on a Seguin shot off the post

That pass was pretty insane. Overall, that dallas offence is scary as Diddle. Their transition game was tremendous, and I rarely saw any of their shots go wide. Always on target.

I'm glad the sens won the game, and anderson was huge. A rare win in dallas but must remember we got a little lucky with their turnovers and suspect goaltending. I'm glad we got some weapons to make them pay and our powerplay looks amazing (except they let up in that shorthanded opportunity).

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA.  If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

True.  It saves us from losing him to UFA, but it won't stop teams from offer sheeting I would imagine.  5.5 X 5 is risky for us, but I'd do that.  As long as the little dude's body holds up, he forms a formidable part of the top 6 - and it's not like his defensive game is like Spezza's, he's worked hard to improve it - as showcased last night.  And still, even then, we have Stone and Turris who are exceptional 2 way players, so having Ryan and Hoffman who are borderline guys isn't the end of the world.

His speed is so exciting, his shot is pretty much second to none (especially that wrister), his puck carrying skills are amazing.  Truly a necessary player on this team and I'm really pleased I was wrong about him.

I think you left him off your untouchable list along with Stone. But who's counting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Right now Hoffman is Patrick Kane "lite" but without the rape allegations or cabby abuse history. The "lite" designation applies to douchebaggery more than skill.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

he's also "lite" in terms of skill and effectiveness as a player...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:What a weird, wild game.  Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately.  How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots?  Anyway, another big W.  

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

That pass was pretty insane.  Overall, that dallas offence is scary as Diddle.  Their transition game was tremendous, and I rarely saw any of their shots go wide.  Always on target.  

I'm glad the sens won the game, and anderson was huge.  A rare win in dallas but must remember we got a little lucky with their turnovers and suspect goaltending.  I'm glad we got some weapons to make them pay and our powerplay looks amazing (except they let up in that shorthanded opportunity).  

Dallas is going nowhere with that D and two goalies. You need 1 goalie, you can't have two share the crease

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

That pass was pretty insane.  Overall, that dallas offence is scary as Diddle.  Their transition game was tremendous, and I rarely saw any of their shots go wide.  Always on target.  

I'm glad the sens won the game, and anderson was huge.  A rare win in dallas but must remember we got a little lucky with their turnovers and suspect goaltending.  I'm glad we got some weapons to make them pay and our powerplay looks amazing (except they let up in that shorthanded opportunity).  

This. That's a big reason why the shot count was so out of whack.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:

This. That's a big reason why the shot count was so out of whack.

That and the fact we have a ton of shots blocked or going wide. That said, Dallas still would have outshot us, but wouldn't have been so wide of a margin.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:he's also "lite" in terms of skill and effectiveness as a player...

I said it applies to douchebaggery more than skill, I didn't throw skill out altogether. He's got quite a bit more experience and plays on a team that most would consider a dynasty. Of course he is part of that "dynasty" but it's mutually beneficial (his offensive stats are better because he's playing on a better team). As for pure skill, they aren't that far apart.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

I said it applies to douchebaggery more than skill, I didn't throw skill out altogether.  He's got quite a bit more experience and plays on a team that most would consider a dynasty.  Of course he is part of that "dynasty" but it's mutually beneficial (his offensive stats are better because he's playing on a better team).  As for pure skill, they aren't that far apart.

Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:

Yeah if we want to lock him up past the next year it is going to costs us. Hes eligible for UFA after next year. So i suspect he will still hold the large end of the bargaining stick. Plus the prg has been quite vocal about saying they pay guys that produce. How much is macarthur making? 4.5? Because you have to think the sens will have to pay much more than that. I
Depending how much he scores this year he could be asking as high as 6mill per.

Hes quite a sight to see on the ice. Explosive speed that outmatches defenders. Exactly the type of player every org is drooling over right now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman is essentially Pat Kane with more hair and less rape allegations.

Not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I spell Kane H.O.F.F.M.A.N

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I said it applies to douchebaggery more than skill, I didn't throw skill out altogether.  He's got quite a bit more experience and plays on a team that most would consider a dynasty.  Of course he is part of that "dynasty" but it's mutually beneficial (his offensive stats are better because he's playing on a better team).  As for pure skill, they aren't that far apart.

Laugh1

Why do you laugh? Everyone in the NHL (the skilled players, I mean) has very high-end skill, so the differences are very slight. What separates the elite from the also-rans are the intangibles (perseverance, dedication, desire), hockey IQ, proper development/instruction, compatible linemates, luck (especially related to injuries).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will take a less rapey Patty Kane...sounds good

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't scoff The Hoff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]