GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Whoa. Lecavalier is set to retire after this season. That means he's going to leave a lot of money behind. He's signed through 2018 at $4.5 per. That's a $9M gift he's giving the Kings.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Whoa. Lecavalier is set to retire after this season. That means he's going to leave a lot of money behind. He's signed through 2018 at $4.5 per. That's a $9M gift he's giving the Kings.

Internet says that Habs are going hard after Drouin.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy...that is a massive trade between Columbus and Nashville. Damn. There you go SSF, a real trade!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like it for both teams. This exactly fills a need for both team. Columbus wasn't any better with RYJO in the line-up. I believe that down the road they'll have an easier time fitting someone in that center spot. Top pairing Dman are harder to come by in my eyes, you can do ok with a pair of two way C's .

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You have to think the caps management asked Williams what he thought about Richards before offering him a contract. Could be a good move for them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yikes Nashville is gonna be powerful now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:You have to think the caps management asked Williams what he thought about Richards before offering him a contract. Could be a good move for them.

Well, it's a no-risk move really. It's a one year, $1M deal. If Richards can't get it together, they can just waive him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:You have to think the caps management asked Williams what he thought about Richards before offering him a contract. Could be a good move for them.

Well, it's a no-risk move really.  It's a one year, $1M deal.  If Richards can't get it together, they can just waive him.

Not even. It's pro-rated! They got a bargain.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Canadiens have traded Dustin Tokarski to Anaheim for Max Friberg.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:The Canadiens have traded Dustin Tokarski to Anaheim for Max Friberg.

Changes the entire dynamics in the east !!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The Canadiens have traded Dustin Tokarski to Anaheim for Max Friberg.

Just like getting DSP did for them last year.... That said, I actually like this deal for Montreal.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Just like getting DSP did for them last year....  That said, I actually like this deal for Montreal.

I have to plead ignorance on this one. I don't know much about Friberg

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Just like getting DSP did for them last year....  That said, I actually like this deal for Montreal.

I have to plead ignorance on this one.  I don't know much about Friberg

I don't know much about him either, but backup goalies like Tokarski are a dime a dozen. Friberg has had some AHL success.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah. But I don't want Montreal to get better ... Sad

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I read a pretty glowing scouting report for Friberg. Small, gritty, tenacious, hard working and skilled.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Well, it's a no-risk move really.  It's a one year, $1M deal.  If Richards can't get it together, they can just waive him.

Not even. It's pro-rated! They got a bargain.

Yeah, but that guy's bad news. Apparently into hard drugs like coke, a huge drinker/partier in Philly, then caught smuggling Oxy into Canada.

Bad egg, he's worth the 500K as a risk, I guess, but I'm glad it's not Ottawa.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

So, I'm assuming the Tokarski trade means one of two things:

1) Nothing to see here. Tokarski gets waived and sent to the AHL.

2) Andersen is on the move.

Who needs a goalie? Arizona and Edmonton? Anyone else?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:So, I'm assuming the Tokarski trade means one of two things:

1) Nothing to see here. Tokarski gets waived and sent to the AHL.

2) Andersen is on the move.

Who needs a goalie? Arizona and Edmonton? Anyone else?

Gibson is hurt now. So Andersen will probably not be going anywhere

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum