GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Guaranteed wrong.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're funny Walt.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He plays for the Blue Jackets.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:He plays for the Blue Jackets.

You mean Carolina, right?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Seriously, though, is this Chris Widemand's contract in a few years? He'll probably have better stats, in he sticks around for five years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They love him in Minny. Call him a top pairing dman, so I would guess it will have no impact on wideman.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 Image11

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:They love him in Minny. Call him a top pairing dman, so I would guess it will have no impact on wideman.

Could well be a comparable for arbitration.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wideman needs a new contract this summer, and Spurgeon will not be a comparable.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol,seriously Wideman has done nothing to earn even two million

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Wideman needs a new contract this summer, and Spurgeon will not be a comparable.

I did say a few seasons down the road.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Lol,seriously Wideman has done nothing to earn even two million

In 4-5 years' time I'd bet his stats (assuming he sticks around) will be better than Spurgeon's are now. Realistically, what will his point total be this year? He's at 4 goals so 8 is doable, and he will eventually get a few assists, so 8 goals/15-20 points? Let's say he signs a one year deal and gets 10 goals/25 points next year -- that's pretty much what Spurgeon had last year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Lol,seriously Wideman has done nothing to earn even two million

In 4-5 years' time I'd bet his stats (assuming he sticks around) will be better than Spurgeon's are now.  Realistically, what will his point total be this year?  He's at 4 goals so 8 is doable, and he will eventually get a few assists, so 8 goals/15-20 points?  Let's say he signs a one year deal and gets 10 goals/25 points next year -- that's pretty much what Spurgeon had last year.

Ok, well let's pick this conversation up in a few years.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He'll get a one year, $1M contract max. He's not that good. If he was that good he wouldn't be sitting in the press box half the year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He'll get a one year, $1M contract max. He's not that good. If he was that good he wouldn't be sitting in the press box half the year.

It wasn't really Wideman's fault that he was in the press box to start the year. Cameron insisted on trotting out Cowen and others repeatedly much to a lot of peoples' shagrin. Once Wideman got his shot, he's been pretty good, and hasn't really been taken out.

But yeah, he'll get another shorter term contract at somewhere between $1M to $2M to show what he can do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He'll get a one year, $1M contract max. He's not that good. If he was that good he wouldn't be sitting in the press box half the year.

Pardon me, but that's BS. He was there until he wasn't, and he hasn't come out since. Cowen's been sitting, Wiercioch has sat, Boro played up front. I think Wideman's gained Cameron's trust. If Ceci is out longer than a game I'm expecting Wideman to pick up some of the slack (i.e. getting 2nd pairing minutes).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wayne Simmonds headed to Habs?

stay tuned

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs lose again, streak now at 6 games. But Boston didn't take advantage, losing 6-3 to the Sabres (2 empty netters at the end; Eichel had two goals and an assist in the first game in his home town).

Boston now travels tonight to face the Sens tomorrow night. Another tired opponent. They really should send the schedule maker a thank-you gift. They also might want to take advantage of these situations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum