GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I see what you mean though...Vinny would be free by and large by subtracting Greening's 2.65 and Chiasson 1.5 or whatever, plus you get a 2nd.

Intriguing proposal...but again, that's a guy who sucks and takes up a roster spot...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:he definitely warrants a one-way contract...that's not even a question after spending two years in the NHL.

Of course he will get one but there are other comparables that are on two-way contracts.

He's scored 61 points in 155 gp (0.39 ppg) and a combined -26

His ppg is actually way better than I thought it would be

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:I see what you mean though...Vinny would be free by and large by subtracting Greening's 2.65 and Chiasson 1.5 or whatever, plus you get a 2nd.

Intriguing proposal...but again, that's a guy who sucks and takes up a roster spot...

Yes, but you'd be clearing up two roster spots (Chiasson and Greening) and assume Lecavalier will be injured for large swaths of it (NHLPA/insurance pays his salary, not the Sens). Is Lecavalier+Puempel+2nd rd pick better than Greening+Chiasson?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:he definitely warrants a one-way contract...that's not even a question after spending two years in the NHL.

Of course he will get one but there are other comparables that are on two-way contracts.

He's scored 61 points in 155 gp (0.39 ppg) and a combined -26

His ppg is actually way better than I thought it would be

i doubt there are many comparables with at least 155 gp on two-way contracts, at his age

he is clearly an nhl player

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just not a very good one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yep.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

I don't think he even warrants a one-way contract right now. Maybe they decide on a one-way, $1M. Very tradeable contract.

I gave this some thought too. Would you trade Lecavalier for Greening. Lecavalier a $4.5M cap hit but has a declining dollar value ($4.5M this year, $3M next year, and the year after). Higher change of him going on LTIR than Greening.

Chiasson, Greening for Lecavalier, 2nd. Do you do it?

we just got rid of legwand. No way do I do this. As far as I'm concerned we can keep greening as an extra forward or keep waiving him and have him play part time in Bingo.
I'D still like to see what Chiasson can do

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chiasson arbitration: Sens offer $1M, Chiasson asking $2.475M

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Chiasson arbitration: Sens offer $1M, Chiasson asking $2.475M
wow, he's out to lunch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 2.475 million. That's a good one!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Meh, pretty standard for player to ask more than they think they're worth. There's no harm.

Holtby is asking $8 million

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
wow, he's out to lunch.
I guess he's asking double his worth in the hopes he can get 1.5 million and call it a day. Doubt the Sens go to 1.5 though, perhaps they settle at 1.25?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wow, he's out to lunch.
I guess he's asking double his worth in the hopes he can get 1.5 million and call it a day.  Doubt the Sens go to 1.5 though, perhaps they settle at 1.25?

Very crafty.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Yep.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

I don't think he even warrants a one-way contract right now. Maybe they decide on a one-way, $1M. Very tradeable contract.

I gave this some thought too. Would you trade Lecavalier for Greening. Lecavalier a $4.5M cap hit but has a declining dollar value ($4.5M this year, $3M next year, and the year after). Higher change of him going on LTIR than Greening.

Chiasson, Greening for Lecavalier, 2nd. Do you do it?

we just got rid of legwand. No way do I do this. As far as I'm concerned we can keep greening as an extra forward or keep waiving him and have him play part time in Bingo.
I'D still like to see what Chiasson can do

Greening+Smith for Lecavalier and a 2nd? Virtually the same money in and money out, plus a 2nd rd pick, plus it opens at least one roster space.

As for Chiasson, guy is a joke. But it's common practice for them to ask more and receive a value somewhere in the middle. Arbitrator might settle at $1.5-1.75M. Sens prepared to pay him that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no reason the Sens won't pay him $1.5-$1.8

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:There's no reason the Sens won't pay him $1.5-$1.8
No, especially on a one year. It's a role of the dice. You might look into trading him at that point though. Not sure he's got much value. Maybe in a package deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe 1.5, but I don't see why they'd pay him a penny more. Less most likely.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Chaisson doesn't deserve a penny over 1.5 and even then I would question it. I would sign and trade him if possible, anything over 2 mil I would let the guy walk.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

they can't walk, apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum