GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 67]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:We'll see.  Sitting boro isn't a great idea imo.

And why?

Players get injured, sit, healthy scratched. That's 90% of bottom pairing defensemen in the NHL.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We'll see.  Sitting boro isn't a great idea imo.

And why?

Players get injured, sit, healthy scratched. That's 90% of bottom pairing defensemen in the NHL.

I thought that after I said that. I'd bet on boro not sitting often though, but cowen is a walking wounded so it'll probably work out.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would mean we're carrying 8 dmen though azvof right now. Possibly the high ahl salary was by design to disuade teams in claiming him if waived.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:That would mean we're carrying 8 dmen though azvof right now.  Possibly the high ahl salary was by design to disuade teams in claiming him if waived.

He just signed

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As predicted, Condra will most likely test the market:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 26m26 minutes ago

Erik Condra's agent Steve Bartlett said in an email last night he expects the #Sens winger to test UFA. Ottawa remains interested though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Glad we managed to sign wideman. I really want to see what he can do up here. I hope he does indeed get the chance. Like I said before, it's his spot to loose IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ThisJustIn!

Micah Blake McCurdy ‏@IneffectiveMath Jun 27

Jared Cowen, incidentally, makes every player worse. He's much like Gryba in results; but much higher event.

And he has pictures to prove it:

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 31 CIjUjeLUkAEceV5

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:That would mean we're carrying 8 dmen though azvof right now.  Possibly the high ahl salary was by design to disuade teams in claiming him if waived.

He just signed

No I meant that wideman's huge ahl salary will likely disuade other teams from claiming wideman when we have to waive him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's play hockey on graphs!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen was really good in stretches after his horrendous start. The problem is...he can't really rehab his hernia surgery like ryan, so it'll be another tough start mist likely.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

He just signed

No I meant that wideman's huge ahl salary will likely disuade other teams from claiming wideman when we have to waive him.
If he impresses enough I doubt we'll have to waive him. Guy like chris Phillips are probably the guy that might be convinced to retire if he doesn't see any ice time after the start of the season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

He just signed

If he impresses enough I doubt we'll have to waive him. Guy like chris Phillips are probably the guy that might be convinced to retire if he doesn't see any ice time after the start of the season.

No one retires like that if they don't have to. 2.5 million bucks? No retiring for Phillips.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

He just signed

No one retires like that if they don't have to.  2.5 million bucks?  No retiring for Phillips.

I personally hope he bounces back from surgery and helps make the team better in a more limited role.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How can we clear room for prince and puempel? Everyone who watches bingo says prince is the better player, well rounded, fast, defensively conscious.

We really need to make room for these two. At least to have them both on the NHL roster.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:How can we clear room for prince and puempel?  Everyone who watches bingo says prince is the better player, well rounded, fast, defensively conscious.  

We really need to make room for these two.  At least to have them both on the NHL roster.

Pretty easily. You have a guy on the NHL roster who should have been in the AHL or Junior last year. Time to right a grievous wrong.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Turris, Stone, MacArthur, ryan, zibanejad, Hoffman, michalek pageau, Lazar, Smith, Neil, chiasson, puempel, prince

I think Lazar could actually start in bingo. First time I'll admit that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:How can we clear room for prince and puempel?  Everyone who watches bingo says prince is the better player, well rounded, fast, defensively conscious.  

We really need to make room for these two.  At least to have them both on the NHL roster.

Puempel is the better prospect. Prince will have to wait his turn.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Turris, Stone, MacArthur, ryan, zibanejad, Hoffman, michalek pageau, Lazar, Smith, Neil, chiasson, puempel, prince

I think Lazar could actually start in bingo.  First time I'll admit that.

I'm not sure they'll re-sign Chiasson either. Or he might be in the AHL too for all I know. Could be a stacked team down there/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum