GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:The problem is they take roster spots. Good competitive spirit this coming year though.  Dog it and you sit.

I'm really looking forward to the competition out of camp. I wonder who will surprise this year.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:The problem is they take roster spots. Good competitive spirit this coming year though.  Dog it and you sit.

I'm really looking forward to the competition out of camp. I wonder who will surprise this year.

Ah yes. The annual "battle for jobs."

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anyone know the arbitration timeline? My understanding is 90 minutes for each side to argue their case (total 3 hours) plus 30-60 minutes for rebuttal. I am wondering when we will know the outcome of arbitration (same day, few days later, etc).

Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli 8h8 hours ago

#Sens RFA Alex Chiasson will be 3rd player since '11 to reach deal via arbitration on Sat. His agent says no deal coming before ruling. #TSN

Could be a huge payday for The Chiasser!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Chiass-is-on.

11-15-26 in 76 games (half his goals on the PP)

If Pageau had played 76 games (which he didn't, thanks to Lazar being in the lineup) his stat line would have been 15-13-28 (no PP points). Yes, I understand Pageau had no arbitration rights so it's apples and oranges.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Junco just got 1.8. Chiasson should be around that or 1.5

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jurco had 3+15=18 in 63 games -- that projects to 4+18=22 if he played 76 games, like Chiasson. This doesn't bode well for the Chiasser getting under $2M.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Still nothing on the arbitration front.  The wait is killing me.  I haven't slept, eaten or showered in, like, hours.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Still nothing on the arbitration front.  The wait is killing me.  I haven't slept, eaten or showered in, like, hours.

What's the latest?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Still nothing on the arbitration front.  The wait is killing me.  I haven't slept, eaten or showered in, like, hours.

What's the latest?

Alex Chiasson is still big. That's the latest.

On the other hand, he's kinda average for his size.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Jurco had 3+15=18 in 63 games -- that projects to 4+18=22 if he played 76 games, like Chiasson.  This doesn't bode well for the Chiasser getting under $2M.

Note that Jurco's deal is $1.8 mil over 2 years, so it's $900K AAV. That is roughly the deal that Chiasson is entitled to, I'd say, tho' I'm expecting it to be a bit higher.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thank god for that, then. $1.2M. Git'r done! 3 hours late already.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is pretty much the most irrelevant arbitration case in the history of the universe.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:This is pretty much the most irrelevant arbitration case in the history of the universe.

What is happening with the arb case? This is weird.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:This is pretty much the most irrelevant arbitration case in the history of the universe.

What is happening with the arb case? This is weird.

Put on some coffee this could take all night.

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

1.2 m. Official

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

@Senators: BREAKING: National Hockey League arbitrator has awarded #Sens forward Alex Chiasson a one-year contract at $1.2 million.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Thank god for that, then.  $1.2M.  Git'r done!  3 hours late already.

Guess I could have saved us all a little time and coffee.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now, Hoffman. With this guy there's actually a chance he could get awarded a large enough amount that the Sens could walk away. Although if it's the same arbitrator then Hoffman is probably not getting more than $3M. And, honestly, I'm OK with that. One year, prove that wasn't a fluke (which it was, to a certain extent).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum