GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:As Steve Lloyd just tweeted, it seems both ZBad and Stone will still be RFAs at the end of the new deals...das is good ya.

Great deals too:

Stone 3 years at 3.5 AAV
Zibby: 2 years at 2.65

Yeah. I was going to say about the RFA thing but I was just going from generalfanager.com so I wasn't sure how solid that was.

F*ck I miss CapGeek.

Good deals all around.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I really hope some trade comes in today, in some way, at some point. Everyone is literally just waiting for that domino.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

As best as I can tell, these signings bring us to...

$67+ mil on the cap for next year
-- 11 12 signed forwards (Ryan, MacArthur, Mickalek, Turris, Stone, Zbad, Legwand, Greening, Neil, Smith, Lazar, Pageau)
-- 2 unsigned RFAs (Hoffman and Chiasson)
-- 8 signed D (Karlsson, Methot, Wier, Ceci, Cowen, Gryba, Boro, Phillips)
-- and of course 3 signed goalies (Anderson, Lehner, Hammond).

On the trading/chopping block: Legwand, Greening, Neil, Smith, Cowen or Wier, Phillips, Anderson or Lehner

Buckle up, could be a busy few days. We gotta drop at least one of those forward contracts, at least one D, and one goalie.

EDIT: forgot about Pageau.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beauty deals. And Benji1 says they hope to lock Hoffman down to a 1 year to stagger things and keep Hoff an rfa

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully we can deal Chiasson

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Hopefully we can deal Chiasson

Talk about selling low though

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, wouldn't have a huge issue moving Chaisson in any deal or for a pick, 2nd or 3rd if possible. If they move Greening somehow though it shouldn't be an issue putting together a lineup that looks pretty much like last year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

We wouldn't have to trade him at all if it wasn't for PHILLIPS' CONTRACT!!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Nice deal for Stone...his next contract will probably be double that.  ZBad...as Pierre said this morning on TGOR, "He'll either cash in on the next one, or be finished."  What?

Still, nice to see the two biggest RFAs getting locked up...Murray needed these done before he could wheel and deal, as now he knows better what his cap situation is.

Speaking of cap situation, the Sens have $68.31 in cap hit for 13 forwards, 8 D-men and 3 goalies. Notable forwards yet to re-sign are Hoffman (without him we don't really have our top-9), Condra and Chiasson. Well above the floor ($52.8) and just over $3M below the ceiling ($71.4M).

Moving one goalie is a minimum $2.225M off. Moving one of Cowen or Wiercioch is another $2.7M min. Greening buyout is unlikely but a trade where we retain half his salary would save $1.3M. I'm not convinced Legwand is gone. Peumpel adds $1.076. All the numbers include bonuses.

Where was I going with this?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

We wouldn't have to trade him at all if it wasn't for PHILLIPS' CONTRACT!!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Agreed.  2.5 million in wasted money, especially as we're already right at the cap.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Agreed.  2.5 million in wasted money, especially as we're already right at the cap.

Yup. Many sleepless nights for this reason.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Many

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really thought stone might get a longer bigger deal. I very pleased with this one. It actually also sets up Hoffman to make less than him. Great.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Nice deal for Stone...his next contract will probably be double that.  ZBad...as Pierre said this morning on TGOR, "He'll either cash in on the next one, or be finished."  What?

Still, nice to see the two biggest RFAs getting locked up...Murray needed these done before he could wheel and deal, as now he knows better what his cap situation is.

Speaking of cap situation, the Sens have $68.31 in cap hit for 13 forwards, 8 D-men and 3 goalies.  Notable forwards yet to re-sign are Hoffman (without him we don't really have our top-9), Condra and Chiasson.  Well above the floor ($52.8) and just over $3M below the ceiling ($71.4M).

Moving one goalie is a minimum $2.225M off.  Moving one of Cowen or Wiercioch is another $2.7M min.  Greening buyout is unlikely but a trade where we retain half his salary would save $1.3M.  I'm not convinced Legwand is gone.  Peumpel adds $1.076.  All the numbers include bonuses.

Where was I going with this?

I count 12 signed forwards (Ryan, MacArthur, Michalek, Turris, Legwand, Stone, Zbad, Neil Greening, Smith, Lazar, Pageau), 2 unsigned forwards (Hoffman and Chiasson), and 1 pending UFA forward we might like to bring back (Condra). Am I missing anyone?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, 12. I had Hoffman in the top-12 list as well the unsigned.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Zibanejad great contract, was hoping for a Pacioretty-like deal for Stone but look like he has a good agent.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sorry, 12.  I had Hoffman in the top-12 list as well the unsigned.

You know, looking things over, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if all we did with our forward ranks is re-sign our RFA and Condra, and then drop 2 of Neil, Smith, Greening, and Legwand -- 3 if you want to open up a spot for a guy like Puempel, who looks ready to me.

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zbad - Ryan
Lazar - Pageau - Condra
Michalek - ?? - Chiasson

Keep one of Legwand and Smith, move Greening, and either keep Neil or move him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didn't we already sign Chliaesson?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum