GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey did anybody watch HMIR last night? He really tore that Dung down and made it new again. Great job as usual while gauging his customers.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Hey did anybody watch HMIR last night? He really tore that Dung down and made it new again. Great job as usual while gauging his customers.

Right after I watched TD and SYTYCD, but before HIMYM reruns and a couple epsiodes of the new season of OITNB.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Hey did anybody watch HMIR last night? He really tore that Dung down and made it new again. Great job as usual while gauging his customers.

Right after I watched TD and SYTYCD, but before HIMYM reruns and a couple epsiodes of the new season of OITNB.

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 EMrknJP

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Er, back to the topics...

As mentioned nyi need a backup and I doubt Kevin poison is their goalie of the future. They're not getting cam talbot, so my guess is they'll be in the lehner sweepstakes

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Bobby Mac Daddy: "Suspect Lehner is more likely to be dealt than Anderson, but talks on both are ongoing."

I don't think any team looking for a backup is going to be in on the "Lehner sweepstakes". The asking price in a trade is going to be pretty high for a backup...you'd be better off just signing an Alex Auld type in free agency.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Per Bobby Mac Daddy: "Suspect Lehner is more likely to be dealt than Anderson, but talks on both are ongoing."

I don't think any team looking for a backup is going to be in on the "Lehner sweepstakes".  The asking price in a trade is going to be pretty high for a backup...you'd be better off just signing an Alex Auld type in free agency.

Agreed.

Joey MacDonald, Rob Zepp, Matt Hackett, Lindback, Greiss, Bryzgalov, LaBarbera, Clemmensen, Nabokov, Ramo, Svedberg, Emery, Leighton, Harding, Ellis, McElhinney, Bachman, Fasth, Gustavsson, Leggio, and Enroth are available.

That's basically the backup pool. Those guys are all UFA according to NHL numbers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Per Bobby Mac Daddy: "Suspect Lehner is more likely to be dealt than Anderson, but talks on both are ongoing."

I don't think any team looking for a backup is going to be in on the "Lehner sweepstakes".  The asking price in a trade is going to be pretty high for a backup...you'd be better off just signing an Alex Auld type in free agency.

Agreed.

Joey MacDonald, Rob Zepp, Matt Hackett, Lindback, Greiss, Bryzgalov, LaBarbera, Clemmensen, Nabokov, Ramo, Svedberg, Emery, Leighton, Harding, Ellis, McElhinney, Bachman, Fasth, Gustavsson, Leggio, and Enroth are available.

That's basically the backup pool. Those guys are all UFA according to NHL numbers.

How many of those guys:
a) are less than 24 years old
b) have won a Calder cup
c) have a .915 save percentage in the NHL (.923 over the last four seasons)
d) are 6'4", 225 lbs

Lots of reasons to like Lehner. He is just about to enter his prime.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
spader wrote:

Agreed.

How many of those guys:
b) have won a Calder cup
d) are 6'4", 225 lbs

He's just not a backup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

Agreed.

How many of those guys:
b) have won a Calder cup
d) are 6'4", 225 lbs

Is that right? Diddle, I didn't realize that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Agreed.

How many of those guys:
b) have won a Calder cup
d) are 6'4", 225 lbs

Is that right?  Diddle, I didn't realize that.

Might be best to hang on to him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jeff Skinner Ottawa-bound?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Jeff Skinner Ottawa-bound?

Hmm. That would actually be a pretty good fit for Lehner, on paper anyway.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Hmm. That would actually be a pretty good fit for Lehner, on paper anyway.

I think one of the teams that feel they're on the doorstep trades for Cam Ward and it opens up this possibility for Ottawa.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:

Agreed.

How many of those guys:
b) have won a Calder cup
d) are 6'4", 225 lbs

None of them. That's why they're the backup pool. He's in the "ready to take on a starter role" pool. You're right, there are lots of reasons to like Lehner. However, unless there's a situation like NJD a couple years back (aging starter ready to pass on the reigns as the backup takes on more responsibility), he's not going to a team looking for a backup. NYI aren't in that boat right now. I'm sure they're happy with Halak at the moment and aren't looking to supplant him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ward ends up in Edmonton, Lehner in Carolina?  Could happen.

If your Chia that makes a lot more sense than grabbing either Lehner or Talbot. Ward is a proven guy who has been on some awful, awful hockey teams. Being a guy with a cup, played a decade in the league, and the go to guy is way less risky than grabbing a guy that could potentially bust.

Edmonton needs a rock, not a guy that might be one. That said I Lehner goes to whoever pays the most, simple as that.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like Beleskey might hit FA. He plays LW, doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be a fit on the 2nd or 3rd line. I wonder what he'd cost.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Speculation or did this come out of somewhere?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Looks like Beleskey might hit FA. He plays LW, doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be a fit on the 2nd or 3rd line. I wonder what he'd cost.

Nothing but $$ and term.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum