GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Buffalo can still add DMen.  Other than Toronto I wouldn't be too surprised to see anyone make the playoffs.

I'd add Boston to that list.  They missed last year and they lost their best D-man and Lucic.  Both teams are in a full-on rebuild.

Hmm, if Buffalo needs D-men, they can have one that's a former first overall.

Erik Johnson on the move?!?!?!?!?!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really don't know how we are going to make the playoffs without Condra. Murray is a Cussing idiot! Missed the boat.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I really don't know how we are going to make the playoffs without Condra. Murray is a Cussing idiot! Missed the boat.

Maybe next time.

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Why are so many people angry about not resigning Condra. Isn't there other players on the team that can kill penalties. Pageau, Stone, Turris, etc. only difference is those guys can be an offensive threat while doing so.

Please advise.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:Why are so many people angry about not resigning Condra. Isn't there other players on the team that can kill penalties. Pageau, Stone, Turris, etc. only difference is those guys can be an offensive threat while doing so.

Please advise.

Exactly. We have more than enough replacements. Lazar is already better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:Why are so many people angry about not resigning Condra. Isn't there other players on the team that can kill penalties. Pageau, Stone, Turris, etc. only difference is those guys can be an offensive threat while doing so.

Please advise.

Can't wait to see him prove it because he didn't last year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Please advise.

For me it's that this team developed Condra - and it took a while. When he finally carved out a perfect role for himself with a coach who used him in a role that he prospered, we let him walk.

And fair enough, I can't complain if he's in for a huge payday, but he took a pay CUT and offered Ottawa the same opportunity to match. 1.25 million dollars for 3 years for a guy who was a huge impact on both Pageau and Lazar, killed penalties, worked his arse off and became a bigtime possession player under Cameron - something that Cameron wants to do more of.

It make zero sense to me personally. If he's blocking Puempel from making the NHL, then let Chiasson walk. If he's blocking Prince, buy out Greening.

In what friggin universe do you keep Zack Smith and let Condra walk? Ditto Chiasson. Bad work from Murray, sorry to say. Disappointing day for him yesterday based on that alone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

Please advise.

He's not better yet, that's for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

Please advise.

For me it's that this team developed Condra - and it took a while.  When he finally carved out a perfect role for himself with a coach who used him in a role that he prospered, we let him walk.

And fair enough, I can't complain if he's in for a huge payday, but he took a pay CUT and offered Ottawa the same opportunity to match.  1.25 million dollars for 3 years for a guy who was a huge impact on both Pageau and Lazar, killed penalties, worked his arse off and became a bigtime possession player under Cameron - something that Cameron wants to do more of.

It make zero sense to me personally.  If he's blocking Puempel from making the NHL, then let Chiasson walk.  If he's blocking Prince, buy out Greening.  

In what friggin universe do you keep Zack Smith and let Condra walk?  Ditto Chiasson.  Bad work from Murray, sorry to say.  Disappointing day for him yesterday based on that alone.
I disagree. Even Chiasson has more upside and has to be given playing time to develop that upside. He's not a guy you can send back to the AHL. He's spent enough time there. It's do or die with him and frankly I would find it silly to walk away from him at this time. Truth is there is a lot of guys knocking on the door. Condra had achieved his maximum upside and was great at what he did but let's be honest, there are guys that have higher ceilings that need to get the chance. We have guys that can PK, we will be fine. At this point condra is the perfect guy to fill out a cont mixing team that has a need for an experience PK on the fourth line and has developed most of their guys.

We face a different situation.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Please advise.

For me it's that this team developed Condra - and it took a while.  When he finally carved out a perfect role for himself with a coach who used him in a role that he prospered, we let him walk.

And fair enough, I can't complain if he's in for a huge payday, but he took a pay CUT and offered Ottawa the same opportunity to match.  1.25 million dollars for 3 years for a guy who was a huge impact on both Pageau and Lazar, killed penalties, worked his arse off and became a bigtime possession player under Cameron - something that Cameron wants to do more of.

It make zero sense to me personally.  If he's blocking Puempel from making the NHL, then let Chiasson walk.  If he's blocking Prince, buy out Greening.  

In what friggin universe do you keep Zack Smith and let Condra walk?  Ditto Chiasson.  Bad work from Murray, sorry to say.  Disappointing day for him yesterday based on that alone.
I disagree. Even Chiasson has more upside and has to be given playing time to develop that upside. He's not a guy you can send back to the AHL. He's spent enough time there. It's do or die with him and frankly I would find it silly to walk away from him at this time. Truth is there is a lot of guys knocking on the door. Condra had achieved his maximum upside and was great at what he did but let's be honest, there are guys that have higher ceilings that need to get the chance. We have guys that can PK, we will be fine. At this point condra is the perfect guy to fill out a cont PillowFight mixing team that has a need for an experience PK on the fourth line and has developed most of their guys.

Chiasson? He's only spent one season in the AHL and that's what he needs more than anything IMO. Needs to play 17 minutes+ and he needs to be coached and taught by Richardson and Sterling.

I think he gets signed and I think he gets waived down to Bingo in late Sept and if he's claimed so be it.

I do agree that power forwards usually take a long, long time to develop though.

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Anyone have theories why greening is still on this team? This should probably be its own thread.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:Anyone have theories why greening is still on this team? This should probably be its own thread.
Please no. BeatingaDeadHorse

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Please advise.

I disagree. Even Chiasson has more upside and has to be given playing time to develop that upside. He's not a guy you can send back to the AHL. He's spent enough time there. It's do or die with him and frankly I would find it silly to walk away from him at this time. Truth is there is a lot of guys knocking on the door. Condra had achieved his maximum upside and was great at what he did but let's be honest, there are guys that have higher ceilings that need to get the chance. We have guys that can PK, we will be fine. At this point condra is the perfect guy to fill out a cont mixing team that has a need for an experience PK on the fourth line and has developed most of their guys.

Chiasson?  He's only spent one season in the AHL and that's what he needs more than anything IMO.  Needs to play 17 minutes+ and he needs to be coached and taught by Richardson and Sterling.  

I think he gets signed and I think he gets waived down to Bingo in late Sept and if he's claimed so be it.  

I do agree that power forwards usually take a long, long time to develop though.
Huh.... I'm not often wrong but I guess I am. I thought he had spent longer in the AHL. My bad. Ya maybe as you say that will happen. I'm afraid he would get claimed though. I'd rather that not happen. It's not like he's completely incompetent at the NHL level it's that he isn't playing to the role we would have for him. Might be some growing pains with him. Might have to live with him. But I think he might do ok if we paired him with Pageau and michalek.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:

Please advise.

Can't wait to see him prove it because he didn't last year.

Actually I'm fairly convinced that Lazar kept Condra from having a career year and maybe making an extra couple hundred grand per year on his contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yay, Schneider re-signs! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Yay, Schneider re-signs!  Ahhhhh!

I'm not sure my heart can handle this volume of huge news. First Marty "Thunder-Thighs" St. Louis retires and now this.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Travis Yost was tweeting this the other day about Condra.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Yay, Schneider re-signs!  Ahhhhh!
All is right in the world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum