GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Looks like Beleskey might hit FA. He plays LW, doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be a fit on the 2nd or 3rd line. I wonder what he'd cost.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Jeff Skinner Ottawa-bound?
Speculation or did this come out of somewhere?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Looks like Beleskey might hit FA. He plays LW, doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be a fit on the 2nd or 3rd line. I wonder what he'd cost.

Nothing but $$ and term.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Ward ends up in Edmonton, Lehner in Carolina?  Could happen.

If your Chia that makes a lot more sense than grabbing either Lehner or Talbot.  Ward is a proven guy who has been on some awful, awful hockey teams.  Being a guy with a cup, played a decade in the league, and the go to guy is way less risky than grabbing a guy that could potentially bust.

Edmonton needs a rock, not a guy that might be one.  That said I Lehner goes to whoever pays the most, simple as that.

Cam ward isn't a rock any longer. If they like him, wtheyjwould ust sign a better version for free in Niemi.

Also looks like Anderson is getting discussed more and more. Watch out folks.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:Looks like Beleskey might hit FA. He plays LW, doesn't he? I wonder if he'd be a fit on the 2nd or 3rd line. I wonder what he'd cost.

Buyer beware.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lehner + + for skinner would be ok, but that little dude's noggin has taken a floggin

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Why would you give up anything more than Lehner for a guy who has serious concussion issues, hasn't had a good season since he was 18, and is paid 5 million a year?

Honestly, move Lehner for a draft pick and move on.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Because you hope he can turn it around? I agree though, take the 2nd and call it a day, hopefully Edmonton's so it's nice and high

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Williams, Sharp, two guys the Sens could really use. Okposo fits a need. O'Reilly would fill a huge hole. Lots of other guys out there other than Skinner the Sens need a lot more at this point.

Sens are trying to take the next step, you get a guy that has the experience and pedigree to help get you there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Why would you give up anything more than Lehner for a guy who has serious concussion issues, hasn't had a good season since he was 18, and is paid 5 million a year?  

Honestly, move Lehner for a draft pick and move on.

Unless it's a first they won't do that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Williams, Sharp, two guys the Sens could really use.  Okposo fits a need.  O'Reilly would fill a huge hole.  Lots of other guys out there other than Skinner the Sens need a lot more at this point.

Sens are trying to take the next step, you get a guy that has the experience and pedigree to help get you there.

Williams hopefully. Sharp and okposo will require a 1st imo and I doubt the sens do it. Especially for okposo as a right wing unless they move Ryan to the left

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:Williams, Sharp, two guys the Sens could really use.  Okposo fits a need.  O'Reilly would fill a huge hole.  Lots of other guys out there other than Skinner the Sens need a lot more at this point.

Williams hopefully.  Sharp and okposo will require a 1st imo and I doubt the sens do it.  Especially for okposo as a right wing unless they move Ryan to the left

Source?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Williams hopefully.  Sharp and okposo will require a 1st imo and I doubt the sens do it.  Especially for okposo as a right wing unless they move Ryan to the left

Source?

Darrel Dragon

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:

If someone gets aggressive and offer sheets Saad, Sharp's price is gonna plummet.

For example: The Oilers send an offer sheet for $6 mil for Saad. The Hawks match. Now they're at $70 mil with 15 players signed. They can go over by 10% I believe in the off-season. That leaves them with $7-8 mil available (during the off-season) for 8 players AND they'd have to jettison someone before the season starts.

Other teams are probably willing to screw the Cup champs over. This is a dynasty team and the other GMs are in a position to wreak havoc. I for one sure hope that someone like Chiarelli or T. Murray makes an bold move like that. I could even see a team like San Jose going for an offer sheet, then moving one or two of their big contracts.

All I know is that someone better make a ridiculous blockbuster move quick. I'm starting to lose it. Vertigo

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Speaking of offer sheets...can we please get Stone signed tomorrow?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any overnight trades?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per TSN:

"The Senators are shopping one of Robin Lehner or Craig Anderson and Dallas starter Kari Lehtonen is available. Calgary is willing to move Jonas Hiller. One of Eddie Lack or Jacob Markstrom is likely leaving Vancouver. Plus, the Ducks (John Gibson) and the Kings (Martin Jones) are toying with the idea of moving their backups."

Add to this all the goalies available via UFA, and it's not exactly a great time to be trying to trade a goalie.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Per TSN:

"The Senators are shopping one of Robin Lehner or Craig Anderson and Dallas starter Kari Lehtonen is available. Calgary is willing to move Jonas Hiller. One of Eddie Lack or Jacob Markstrom is likely leaving Vancouver. Plus, the Ducks (John Gibson) and the Kings (Martin Jones) are toying with the idea of moving their backups."

Add to this all the goalies available via UFA, and it's not exactly a great time to be trying to trade a goalie.

Cory Conacher-ish return imminent?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum