GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Okposo would be a solid add up front if possible. Very much in the mold of the type of guy they are missing. Big, powerful forward.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Especially in light of all the recent reports saying how Lehner is the piece other GMs would want more.  Something smells here.
This is just some info Neely got from a friend. I haven't seen this on the web anywere else.

Wasn't from a friend, it was from a player in the organization.

I.e. Cody Cecil, JG Pageau, Marc Methot, Mark Borowiecki, Kyle Turris, or Pat Wiercioch, or maybe Smith Sarcasm

Said organization.

Then what would that player know about how the team likes or does not like Lehner? They're not even around him.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Okposo would be a solid add up front if possible.  Very much in the mold of the type of guy they are missing.  Big, powerful forward.
It's a bit tight on that right side though.... If only he was a LW.

I wonder what package could be or would be put together. You could argue chaisson, a 2nd rounder and maybe Cowen? I'd rather not part with our first. But anyways all that's not happening.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know this might be near impossible to make happen but couldn't we package our 1st with say one of our young players such as chaisson or Hoffman or Cowen and add a guy like prince and pry JVR out of Toronto? If they are rebuilding they can't maximize his prime years while the rebuild is going. You have to think he's somewhat available. That would solve our 1st line LW problems.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:Sharp would instantly be our best left winger, has three cups, everything we're looking for. He might be declining, he might not be given they have to many players there for him to showcase himself.

I don't think any org out there trades a 1st plus two top end prospects for "might." I'll be shocked if the return is anything better than a late 1st and a serviceable, cheap roster player.

You're probably right but look at what a guy like St.Louis got. Even older and more in the decline.

As for Lehner. Why would you not trade him sharp? That's the best offer you could get

I'm still one of those guys who's hoping that what I'm hearing about Lehner is wrong and that we don't move him. Long shot, I know, but we've got a lot invested in him and I hate to give up on that.

For St. Louis... that was a very peculiar situation. NY was not going to pay Callahan what he wanted, so basically they traded a pending UFA they were not going to re-sign plus a late first and a second for a signed St. Louis. And the 2nd was recompense for Callahan re-signing with TB. It was a rich price, no doubt, but the situation was peculiar, and it was a deadline deal -- a point in the year where GMs on competing teams seem to hold picks in low esteem.

After all the conditions were met, they actually traded a pending UFA, a late first, a first in 2015, and a 7th for MSL and a 2nd.

From hockeydb:

Player trades [notes]
2014-Mar-05 Traded from New York Rangers with round 1 pick in the 2014 draft (Josh Ho-Sang), round 1 pick in the 2015 draft and round 7 pick in the 2015 draft to Tampa Bay Lightning for Martin St. Louis and round 2 pick in the 2015 draft

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Especially in light of all the recent reports saying how Lehner is the piece other GMs would want more.  Something smells here.
This is just some info Neely got from a friend. I haven't seen this on the web anywere else.

Agreed. I don't think NEELY posting on gmhockey is the same thing as the organization "spreading the word."

You work at a place, right? You've talked about it before. Did you have your boss's approval before "spreading the word" about your job? People talk. Take it for what it is. Shrug

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any overnight trades?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any overnight trades?

We're in the home stretch here before the draft...things should be ramping up!

Apparently the Red Wings are no longer interested in trading for Phaneuf...scintillating!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I traded the possibility of getting a bit more sleep (now that the highschooler is done) for watching a second episode of HTGAWM. Episode 10, I think, *now* it's getting better. How did this show survive the first two months when it was airing one episode per week? Not a single character on it that's admirable in any way and that kid from Harry Potter (one of the main student characters) every time I see him I hear his "Griffindor WIIIINS!" in my head.

I've got to get a tablet so I can watch Neflix upstairs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:They have Halak. Not sure where he would fit in here to be honest

Yeah a guy who has bounced around a few times now will be their goalie of the future? Not to mention injury prone. Halal was good but I wouldn't think he's gonna be there for the next 10 seasons.

Lehner + Hoffman + ottawa's 2nd for okposo. Wonder if that would be close to what they're looking for. Okposo is a free agent next summer.

I don't think any goalie you trade for will be with your team for 10 years. They just signed Halak to a big deal if I'm not mistaken.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

3 more years at $4.5M each
No back-up goalie though

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I traded the possibility of getting a bit more sleep (now that the highschooler is done) for watching a second episode of HTGAWM.  Episode 10, I think, *now* it's getting better.  How did this show survive the first two months when it was airing one episode per week?  Not a single character on it that's admirable in any way and that kid from Harry Potter (one of the main student characters) every time I see him I hear his "Griffindor WIIIINS!" in my head.

Is this a Senators TIDBIT or a QUICK HIT?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:I traded the possibility of getting a bit more sleep (now that the highschooler is done) for watching a second episode of HTGAWM.  Episode 10, I think, *now* it's getting better.  How did this show survive the first two months when it was airing one episode per week?  Not a single character on it that's admirable in any way and that kid from Harry Potter (one of the main student characters) every time I see him I hear his "Griffindor WIIIINS!" in my head.

Is this a Senators TIDBIT or a QUICK HIT?

Neither. Can we get a MOD to move this nonsense to the "Elf, Wizard and Gnome" thread?

Thanks in advance.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, someone should explain to the offender that nobody understands their obscure acrnoyms, and also nobody understands obscure nerd-speak.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Also, someone should explain to the offender that nobody understands their obscure acrnoyms, and also nobody understands obscure nerd-speak.

Pretty sure anyone who doesn't know that HTGAWM stands for How To Get Away With Murder doesn't care about that show and can just ignore the mini-rant.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey did anybody watch HMIR last night? He really tore that Dung down and made it new again. Great job as usual while gauging his customers.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Hey did anybody watch HMIR last night? He really tore that Dung down and made it new again. Great job as usual while gauging his customers.

Right after I watched TD and SYTYCD, but before HIMYM reruns and a couple epsiodes of the new season of OITNB.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Hey did anybody watch HMIR last night? He really tore that Dung down and made it new again. Great job as usual while gauging his customers.

Right after I watched TD and SYTYCD, but before HIMYM reruns and a couple epsiodes of the new season of OITNB.

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 EMrknJP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum