GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

So played a little early morning hockey with someone over the past few days who will remain nameless but he's a Sen somewhere in the organization.

Trade Lehner ASAP, they hate him.  Called him a fat and lazy professional.  Team wants little to nothing to do with him.  A 2nd rounder is fine. He also hinted he milked his concussion for all it was worth and the team just added that to the list of reasons they can't stand him.

Ev will like this little tidbit but long term thinking is Wikstrand and Ceci as a pairing.  They hope to have that pairing in full swing by the end of next year if all things go correctly, worst case to start off the 16/17 season.  They absolutely LOVE Wikstrand.

I have no idea what management is going to do in terms of who they move or who they obtain but that's what I got.

My opinion on Lehner is obviously not what it once was.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What reason would he have to milf his concussion? I'm not saying that's not true but why would he do that, and Anderson did the same thing with his injuries as well. Anyways, a 2nd is not enough for Lehner, that's what we gave up for an AHL goalie in Bishop.

Not surprised about Wikstrand. Friedman said during the year that they want him playing this year. And Dorion said he was the best drafted d-man outside of the NHL

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:So played a little early morning hockey with someone over the past few days who will remain nameless but he's a Sen somewhere in the organization.

Trade Lehner ASAP, they hate him.  Called him a fat and lazy professional.  Team wants little to nothing to do with him.  A 2nd rounder is fine.  He also hinted he milked his concussion for all it was worth and the team just added that to the list of reasons they can't stand him.

Ev will like this little tidbit but long term thinking is Wikstrand and Ceci as a pairing.  They hope to have that pairing in full swing by the end of next year if all things go correctly, worst case to start off the 16/17 season.  They absolutely LOVE Wikstrand.

I have no idea what management is going to do in terms of who they move or who they obtain but that's what I got.

Could you provide us with more? Like is it his lifestyle that they aren't pleased with? I know there was the junk food issue in bingo some years ago.
Of course with that kind of info you have to factor that in. You also have to think there are ways to motivate proffesional athletes. He might have been sore about how he's been handled by PMac for a few years but that doesn't make it a right.
I still hope that if he's moved its out west. I'd take my time with this anyhow. You move him for the right deal. If it's not by the draft then you wait. You want a return and listening even to dorion you know those picks are harder to get right before the draft. If you want a first to be part of a bigger return then you might wait till right after the draft.

I still see a Bigger move.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:So played a little early morning hockey with someone over the past few days who will remain nameless but he's a Sen somewhere in the organization.

Trade Lehner ASAP, they hate him.  Called him a fat and lazy professional.  Team wants little to nothing to do with him.  A 2nd rounder is fine.  He also hinted he milked his concussion for all it was worth and the team just added that to the list of reasons they can't stand him.

Could you provide us with more? Like is it his lifestyle that they aren't pleased with? I know there was the junk food issue in bingo some years ago.
Of course with that kind of info you have to factor that in. You also have to think there are ways to motivate proffesional athletes. He might have been sore about how he's been handled by PMac for a few years but that doesn't make it a right.
I still hope that if he's moved its out west. I'd take my time with this anyhow. You move him for the right deal. If it's not by the draft then you wait. You want a return and listening even to dorion you know those picks are harder to get right before the draft. If you want a first to be part of a bigger return then you might wait till right after the draft.

He blew up at the media once because he thought they thought he wasn't playing well since having a baby. No one in the media said a thing about it. Guy is a hot head and I am not surprised by these comments at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I enjoy immensely the Gee-Jay-Pee contract.

Facepalm

It's French, ya ignoramus.

No, it's Jay-Gee.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:wow I checked twitter today and there are still so many dumb writers and people commenting on the Sens. All they care about is the 3rd and 4th liners and what they make and they still are s'ing Condra and Hoffman's D like no other

Umm, what?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:What reason would he have to milf his concussion? I'm not saying that's not true but why would he do that, and Anderson did the same thing with his injuries as well. Anyways, a 2nd is not enough for Lehner, that's what we gave up for an AHL goalie in Bishop.

Not surprised about Wikstrand. Friedman said during the year that they want him playing this year. And Dorion said he was the best drafted d-man outside of the NHL

You've got to edit your auto-correct dictionary.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:What reason would he have to milf his concussion? I'm not saying that's not true but why would he do that, and Anderson did the same thing with his injuries as well. Anyways, a 2nd is not enough for Lehner, that's what we gave up for an AHL goalie in Bishop.

my bad, I was looking up your wife on linkedin

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Umm, yeah, pretty sure she's not on linked in, and also pretty sure milf is not a skillset that's often mentioned there, either.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Umm, yeah, pretty sure she's not on linked in, and also pretty sure milf is not a skillset that's often mentioned there, either.

It's like having a conversation with an automaton. Pick up your dictionary and look up any of the following terms: "joke," "gag," "lark," "prank," "wisecrack," "gambol," "raillery," or "witticism." Then Ev's comment will make more sense.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tumbleweed

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:

I'm not going to get more, no. All I can tell you is what I just told you and Lehner apparently is a book of excuses and has a real large sense of entitlement. That's all I know, I shared it with you and everyone else. He's not well liked, not even close to respected, don't care if he becomes the best goaltender of all time, that kind of stuff is cancerous in sports.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Again, apparently it's just a book of excuses with the guy from being out of shape to not being ready to play. The team does not like him and that's reason enough to move him. If it's only a 2nd so be it, I have always maintained it's team before all else and this is one of those cases. Same level as Spezza, same level as Heatley, just not as established.

As for Wikstrand, yah, the team loves him, head over heals. Wiercioch will be moved IMO after hearing that and they will be patient with Cowen. That part is a guess.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also anyone thinking Phillips won't give it one last go, he's going to.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone who thought Phillips wouldn't play this year is kidding themselves lol. Nobody walks away from. Guaranteed cash

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like I was right on Lehner. Never been a fan.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner, Puempel, and 1st for Sharp

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Lehner, Puempel, and 1st for Sharp

Source.

Sponsored content