GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How long before Hammond takes over next year? Sarcasm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:That's fine and dandy but if we didn't have Anderson they wouldn't even consider trading Lehner.

We better hope Anderson doesn't become a flake again

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle but that isn't the case.  That's a poor argument to begin with and even then it's not even close to factually correct.

If a team hates a player they trade that player.  

I am as skeptical about Anderson as anyone, probably more so but there is no way they trade him now (short of a stupid offer).
it's not a poor argument. There's no way tthey're rading lehner regardless of their opinion of him if they don't have a guy who could take over. I also am not sure if them hating him is actually true but I'm not gonna argue that.

I also couldn't care less about what Lehner does elsewhere if he is traded. Only one goalie can play. He can go onto be a vezina champ, we have enough goalies in the system that it doesn't matter.

I am confident they won't trade lehner for anything short of what they want in return. A second won't do it

If you want to play that game then lets play it.

If they don't have Anderson, they have Bishop and they trade Lehner regardless.  See, I can make things up to.

The point is they're not moving lehner cause they "hate" him, it's because they have options and he had the highest value

They were going to move him for Nash 2, 3 seasons ago so again, they have no problem trading him. He is disliked in that room in a big way and that's reason enough to trade that player.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:That's fine and dandy but if we didn't have Anderson they wouldn't even consider trading Lehner.

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle but that isn't the case.  That's a poor argument to begin with and even then it's not even close to factually correct.

I am as skeptical about Anderson as anyone, probably more so but there is no way they trade him now (short of a stupid offer).
it's not a poor argument. There's no way tthey're rading lehner regardless of their opinion of him if they don't have a guy who could take over. I also am not sure if them hating him is actually true but I'm not gonna argue that.

I also couldn't care less about what Lehner does elsewhere if he is traded. Only one goalie can play. He can go onto be a vezina champ, we have enough goalies in the system that it doesn't matter.

I am confident they won't trade lehner for anything short of what they want in return. A second won't do it

If they don't have Anderson, they have Bishop and they trade Lehner regardless.  See, I can make things up to.

The point is they're not moving lehner cause they "hate" him, it's because they have options and he had the highest value

They were going to move him for Nash 2, 3 seasons ago so again, they have no problem trading him.  He is disliked in that room in a big way and that's reason enough to trade that player.

They should have no problem trading him or any player of they're getting an upgrade.

If they trade him because he's disliked, which who knows if that's true or not, then Hoffman will be next because I know he's viewed that way by a lot of guys. You simply don't trade a guy for nothing for that reason though. Getting a second  would be an embarrassment.

People said the hawks players hated Patrick sharp. Cool, they dealt with it and won cups. Maybe it's time Ottawa players grow the Diddle out of the country club attitude that has our franchise back forever.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was listening to TSN 1200 for most of the day. Not much on the Sens. However, jock sniffer, Steve Lloyd, "reports" that he was texting with Brad Fritsch yesterday.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I was listening to TSN 1200 for most of the day. Not much on the Sens. However, jock sniffer, Steve Lloyd, "reports" that he was texting with Brad Fritsch yesterday.

Lol sounds like the same old same old. I haven't listened in a long long time

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:How long before Hammond takes over next year? Sarcasm

I'd say a day or so after the first big chicken breast sale at Food Basics.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was listening to TSN 1200 for most of the day. Not much on the Sens. However, jock sniffer, Steve Lloyd, "reports" that he was texting with Brad Fritsch yesterday.

Lol sounds like the same old same old. I haven't listened in a long long time

Good for a little comic relief in a busy day.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

They were going to move him for Nash 2, 3 seasons ago so again, they have no problem trading him.  He is disliked in that room in a big way and that's reason enough to trade that player.

They should have no problem trading him or any player of they're getting an upgrade.

If they trade him because he's disliked, which who knows if that's true or not, then Hoffman will be next because I know he's viewed that way by a lot of guys. You simply don't trade a guy for nothing for that reason though. Getting a second  would be an embarrassment.

People said the hawks players hated Patrick sharp. Cool, they dealt with it and won cups. Maybe it's time Ottawa players grow the Diddle out of the country club attitude that has our franchise back forever.

Well that's the point, I do. Now, whether or not people believe me or not is another story... like I have said before I am just some rando on the net posting things I hear at times and people can take it or leave it.

Even Garrioch today is saying the preferred move is Lehner, ask anyone around the team what they would rather do, player, coach, GM, media, they all say they want to move Lehner.

It's not like I enjoy being wrong on a player but based on what I know I mistook confidence for selfishness.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

One thing that wouldn't surprise me is Cowen ending up in Edmonton for that 16th. Chia said he wasn't to fix the blueline before all else and that's the right way to go. Sadly the Oilers seem to be on their way now.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:One thing that wouldn't surprise me is Cowen ending up in Edmonton for that 16th.  Chia said he wasn't to fix the blueline before all else and that's the right way to go.  Sadly the Oilers seem to be on their way now.

That would be good value for the Sens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Well that's the point, I do.  Now, whether or not people believe me or not is another story... like I have said before I am just some rando on the net posting things I hear at times and people can take it or leave it.

Even Garrioch today is saying the preferred move is Lehner, ask anyone around the team what they would rather do, player, coach, GM, media, they all say they want to move Lehner.  

It's not like I enjoy being wrong on a player but based on what I know I mistook confidence for selfishness.

Never said you weren't telling the truth. What I don't believe is that a player who isn't on the team knows what he's talking about 100% or telling the truth himself. Again not doubting what you heard at all.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just said organization, never specified.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:One thing that wouldn't surprise me is Cowen ending up in Edmonton for that 16th.  Chia said he wasn't to fix the blueline before all else and that's the right way to go.  Sadly the Oilers seem to be on their way now.

That would be good value for the Sens.

I can't stand Cowen, I think he's a complete bust (I thought Lehner was a future star too so...) but Murray has made it very clear he won't be giving away a 6'5 D man who can skate and who the Sens have given chance after chance.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would be a steal for us. Even lehner and Cowen for the 16th would be a steal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rangers turned down 2 2nds for talbot according to the score. Hmmm. ..

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Rangers turned down 2 2nds for talbot according to the score.  Hmmm. ..

2 2nds? Talbot to Ottawa?!???!?!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

One thing to remember about Talbot is this, Sather doesn't need to move him. He's signed to a decent deal, they don't have a backup for next year, and if it isn't the exact deal Sather wants why would you ever trade the goalie that helped your team for 2 months in the regular season like he did last year?

I don't blame Sather for asking for the moon because he should, he is absolutely in the drivers seat with Talbot. Teams want what he has, not the other way around. I don't think Talbot even gets moved to be honest.

As for Lehner, again a 2nd and an additional draft pic IMO is fine if you move Greening along with him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Live chat with Hammond and Stone: https://www.periscope.tv/w/aFryQDUyMTcwfDI4MDcyNzEziTQ64se3KMOEkjij_LyeF4ELIodMoEWqWSA9va2oZno=

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum