GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Cowen, Prince, Dallas 2nd for ROR

Lehner for Zadorov straight up

I don't think that deal for ROR gets it done. Cowen may have negative value at this point between his contract and his play of late. 

Lehner for Zadorov could have legs.

No chance for Zadorov.

Also no chance for that package landing ROR.

Think Ceci + 1st or Lazar + 1st, especially if we're allowed to negotiate with ROR.

Lazar plus 1st I'd probably do, but that's a TON.
I would do lazar plus next year's first and then add Cowen because let's be honest. Colorado isn't making a move with ROR if no Dman is coming back. If I'm including Cowen then I want something else back also from them.

I know a lot of people think that Cowen has lost a lot of value but I believe there's still a lot of hopes from other GM s acquiring him that he could live up to top 4 material.
Also people might be very surprised how little ROR gets.
Not the same player but you look at the return boychuck got with a year left? 2 2nds.
I would imagine that lazar and a 1st for next year plus Cowen would get us ROR +  back. Maybe a 2nd rounder or 3rd back.

I think people need to cool it with the insane payment expectations and the "no chance" declarations. Zadorov is no big deal and Wiercioch or Cowen and Prince would be a healthy offer for that player.

You offer that up for ROR and 28 teams beat it IMO.  Imagine how quick Murray would make that deal?  We all wish.
Really? I see a bunch of teams not being able to make an offer because of cap restrictions and a bunch of other teams because he won't resign with them.
The list isn't short but it doesn't involve 15 teams either.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya, I'd say there are maybe 8-10 teams that can afford ROR and of those teams maybe 4-6 that have the assets to make a move.

I can see the Laffs making a move for him but I am not sure they want to give up futures given their current state of disarray.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

ROR is also from Southern Ontario. No reason why he wouldn't want to re-sign with Ottawa unless he's a die hard Leafs fan

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:ROR is also from Southern Ontario. No reason why he wouldn't want to re-sign with Ottawa unless he's a die hard Leafs fan

Aren't they all?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya, I'd say there are maybe 8-10 teams that can afford ROR and of those teams maybe 4-6 that have the assets to make a move.

I can see the Laffs making a move for him but I am not sure they want to give up futures given their current state of disarray.

I think you could re-sign him theoretically. He'd look for Bobby Ryan money, 7.5 X 8 I assume, which is a lot of loot, but he's damn good.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya, I'd say there are maybe 8-10 teams that can afford ROR and of those teams maybe 4-6 that have the assets to make a move.

I think you could re-sign him theoretically.  He'd look for Bobby Ryan money, 7.5 X 8 I assume, which is a lot of loot, but he's damn good.

OK so Bobby Ryan money for a slight upgrade on Zibanejad, point-wise anyway. Add on a little for "intangibles" but let's not get ridiculous. How do you pay that guy more than "Karls" Karlsson? Or Bobby O'Ryan, for that matter? You don't.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I think you could re-sign him theoretically.  He'd look for Bobby Ryan money, 7.5 X 8 I assume, which is a lot of loot, but he's damn good.

OK so Bobby Ryan money for a slight upgrade on Zibanejad, point-wise anyway. Add on a little for "intangibles" but let's not get ridiculous. How do you pay that guy more than "Karls" Karlsson? Or Bobby O'Ryan, for that matter? You don't.

Those intangibles are what win championships. Imagine having two of the top 5 takeaway players on one line? That's hard to play against.

Bobby Ryan got paid because he was a pending UFA, Karlsson got 6.5 because he was an RFA, huge difference. With ROR you're paying for UFA years period, no RFA years, straight to UFA years and he'd be worth a fortune on the open market.

Let's see...top line C? Perhaps, but a perfect 2C.
Plays wing? Yes.
One of the best two way players in the league? Yep.
Kills penalties and plays powerplay? Yep.

Him on the left side with Turris and Stone as the other two forwards, then Zibanejad, MacArthur, Ryan on line 1B, Pageau, Lazar, Michalek/Puempel or acquisition = three sick lines.

In this case you can trade Hoffman for a defender to replace Ceci if he's gone, or you can put Michalek where Lazar is if he's moved, or you can put Puempel/Prince there. So many options - all of which looks a hell of a lot better with ROR.

Alas...I doubt we get him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Those intangibles are what win championships.  Imagine having two of the top 5 takeaway players on one line?  That's hard to play against.

Bobby Ryan got paid because he was a pending UFA, Karlsson got 6.5 because he was an RFA, huge difference.  With ROR you're paying for UFA years period, no RFA years, straight to UFA years and he'd be worth a fortune on the open market.

Let's see...top line C?  Perhaps, but a perfect 2C.
Plays wing?  Yes.
One of the best two way players in the league?  Yep.
Kills penalties and plays powerplay?  Yep.

Him on the left side with Turris and Stone as the other two forwards, then Zibanejad, MacArthur, Ryan on line 1B,  Pageau, Lazar, Michalek/Puempel or acquisition = three sick lines.

In this case you can trade Hoffman for a defender to replace Ceci if he's gone, or you can put Michalek where Lazar is if he's moved, or you can put Puempel/Prince there.  So many options - all of which looks a hell of a lot better with ROR.

Then good luck to him! Clapping Beer

I'd still take him but I don't see how anyone pictures a lineup that includes both ROR and Zibanejad. I still say they might be swapped if we bag The RORinator.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Those intangibles are what win championships.  Imagine having two of the top 5 takeaway players on one line?  That's hard to play against.

Bobby Ryan got paid because he was a pending UFA, Karlsson got 6.5 because he was an RFA, huge difference.  With ROR you're paying for UFA years period, no RFA years, straight to UFA years and he'd be worth a fortune on the open market.

Plays wing?  Yes.

Him on the left side with Turris and Stone as the other two forwards, then Zibanejad, MacArthur, Ryan on line 1B,  Pageau, Lazar, Michalek/Puempel or acquisition = three sick lines.

In this case you can trade Hoffman for a defender to replace Ceci if he's gone, or you can put Michalek where Lazar is if he's moved, or you can put Puempel/Prince there.  So many options - all of which looks a hell of a lot better with ROR.

old on cowboy. In what universe did we trade ceci for ROR?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Plays wing?  Yes.

old on cowboy. In what universe did we trade ceci for ROR?

Ceci on the move?!?!?! Source?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Plays wing?  Yes.

I'd still take him but I don't see how anyone pictures a lineup that includes both ROR and Zibanejad. I still say they might be swapped if we bag The RORinator.
It's quite simple really.
ROR / zib/ Ryan
Mac/Turris/stone
Hoff/pageau/Lazar or chiasson
Pumpel/smith/lazar or chiasson
Neil condra

Get the Diddle out of the way!
That's a crazy line-up!
Of course it all depends what it costs us to trade for ROR. I think Cowen a first next year and possibly lazar(if you can't make it prince and a 2nd you do it instead obviously.)

ROR plays either LW or centre. And I think zib would probably score even more with a playmaker on his wing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Plays wing?  Yes.

ROR / zib/ Ryan
Mac/Turris/stone
Neil condra

That's a crazy line-up!
Of course it all depends what it costs us to trade for ROR. I think Cowen a first next year and possibly lazar(if you can't make it prince and a 2nd you do it instead obviously.)

ROR plays either LW or centre. And I think zib would probably score even more with a playmaker on his wing.

What if it costs... Zibanejad?!?!?!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Plays wing?  Yes.

ROR / zib/ Ryan
Mac/Turris/stone
Neil condra

That's a crazy line-up!

They'd want Ceci OR Lazar plus a pick I assume.

And yes, Diddle yeah, ROR on LW with Stone and Turris is filthy.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreger, in one of his morning radio interviews, sort of said to keep an eye on either Edmonton or Buffalo swapping a current or developing Top 6 forward for Robin Lehner.

more to come

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger, in one of his morning radio interviews, sort of said to keep an eye on either Edmonton or Buffalo swapping a current or developing Top 6 forward for Robin Lehner.

more to come

I'd be surprised if Murray risks sending a goalie to another division rival after Ben Bishop.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Plays wing?  Yes.

ROR / zib/ Ryan
Mac/Turris/stone
Neil condra

That's a crazy line-up!

They'd want Ceci OR Lazar plus a pick I assume.

And yes, Diddle yeah, ROR on LW with Stone and Turris is filthy.
?? Why would you put him with Turris and stone? If anything Turris is a great playmaker. If there's a tiny, bit of playmaking missing it's on the zib line. Zib has that great shot, could use a playmaker even on the wing that sets him up.

I'd rather give up lazar over ceci personally. Maybe I'm wrong. But with nick Paul in the system I find that an area of weakness we have is a solid PMD in the top 4 if we lose ceci. Lazar brings a lot of intangibles but the book is still out on wether he'll ever be a top 6 scoring forward or more of a Solid 3rd liner.

I'm with ssf. I'd start him in bingo so he can figure out his offensive game.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Dreger, in one of his morning radio interviews, sort of said to keep an eye on either Edmonton or Buffalo swapping a current or developing Top 6 forward for Robin Lehner.

more to come

I'd be surprised if Murray risks sending a goalie to another division rival after Ben Bishop.  
If all we can get is a top 6 prospect that's not called Sam from Buffalo than we might as well trade Anderson to a contender that lacks a starter. Package that Dung up.
Edmonton can give us one of their top kids or else
Diddle off.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

more to come

The return is way more important than the destination. The only real impact of the Bishop trade is that we got garbage back. The fact that Bishop is in Tampa Bay as opposed to Vancouver makes no real difference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum